HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSpice View Post
Ah, the Canadian Dream according to Pierre Poilievre and the Conservative Party of Canada. Send your kid to elementary school in Serbia. Drive your pickup truck through the suburbs of North Dakota. Send your kid to university in Ukraine. All while Russian jets fly overhead in training missions to "defend our home and native land". This is "Canada. Our Home"?
I saw that video, the message felt very American in nature. PP is definitely a Yankee-style politician obsessed with oil and guns.

JT has been a disaster for this country in his own special way, and now PP will create his own disaster leadership when elected. Canada has no quality politicians to choose from. Sadly, Canada is fucked for the short-term without any potential hope until at least 2029, probably longer.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 9:20 PM

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
No it’s not… they know they need to kiss Québec’s ass to try to win back voters in the province. What are they going to give to Toronto next?
Maybe Québec wanted that and the other provinces just didn't.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 9:29 PM

It's a video with generic stock footage that could be from anywhere. How is this a controversy?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build.It View Post
It's a video with generic stock footage that could be from anywhere. How is this a controversy?
Have you seen the video? It's embarrassing. They pulled it immediately, that should tell you something.

Why are you guys defending this garbage?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 9:35 PM

Quote:
If you can't see the hypocrisy and irony between PP blathering on about how great he believes Canada is and then proceeding to use footage from other countries (not Canadian) to support his American-style blather, then I don't know what else to say.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 9:37 PM

Quote:
If this was a Liberal ad you'd be foaming at the mouth at how anti-Canadian Trudeau is.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
It’s stock footage. Who cares lol.
Quote:
As suggested above, if this were a Liberal Party creation we'd never hear the end of it from you. If you can't see the issue with the Conservatives being so lazy as to not properly vet the imagery they're using to sell their "vision" of Canada, then I don't know what to say. If you can't see the issue with representing Canada's armed forces with imagery of one of their primary adversaries, then...

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxiK View Post
Maybe Québec wanted that and the other provinces just didn't.
Quebec is the only place where a premier demanding something and then the PM giving in makes both more popular. It's only really a problem in BC and Ontario where the NDP would never ask for less immigrants and Ford is asleep at the wheel or playing 3D chess and letting Trudeau self immolate which helps him get re-elected in an early fall election.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 12:00 AM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Have you seen the video? It's embarrassing. They pulled it immediately, that should tell you something.

Why are you guys defending this garbage?
Take 2

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
Quebec is the only place where a premier demanding something and then the PM giving in makes both more popular. It's only really a problem in BC and Ontario where the NDP would never ask for less immigrants and Ford is asleep at the wheel or playing 3D chess and letting Trudeau self immolate which helps him get re-elected in an early fall election.
If Québec is the only one asking for something, then there is no preferential treatment if Québec obtains it.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSpice View Post
If this was a Liberal ad you'd be foaming at the mouth at how anti-Canadian Trudeau is.
Would I?

It's pictures and clips that look like they could be from anywhere on earth.

You guys need to find more productive ways to spend your time... Maybe do some work during the work day, for example.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 1:37 AM

FYI here is the speech that the video is from
https://youtu.be/hXezihI2ZaQ?si=W1LML7FiTc_kXiNE

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 2:40 AM

Quote:
FYI here is the speech that the video is from
https://youtu.be/hXezihI2ZaQ?si=W1LML7FiTc_kXiNE
Well....

I see dad walking his kids to school, since due to sound urban planning the school is less than a 15 minute walk away. As he walks home he glances at his smart phone to see if he will be taking the train in to the office today or working from home.

As he settles in for his day of alternating Team and Zoom meeting he sips on his Nespresso coffee and checks the status of the smart meter to see how well the solar panels on the roof are doing at charging the electric car in the garage.

He is confident, that the teaches are creating a safe environment for his kids based on the values of respecting others from different cultures and religions.

None of this oil industry focused stuff. We should accept the oil industry is with us for another generation, but it will decline on its own not because of government but because society globally knows it has no choice.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 3:00 AM

Baha… never mind the stock footage BS, I remember the time the Liberal climate crisis propaganda BS, specifically Catherine Mckenna, showing a picture of a dying skinny polar bear captioned “THIS is what climate change looks like”

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
Baha… never mind the stock footage BS, I remember the time the Liberal climate crisis propaganda BS, specifically Catherine Mckenna, showing a picture of a dying skinny polar bear captioned “THIS is what climate change looks like”
If we are going to use polar bears as a yard stick.....

Quote:
The polar bear population in Canada's western Hudson Bay has dropped by 27% in just five years, a report has said.

A government report estimates that 618 animals lived in the area last year, down from 842 in 2016.

By 2050, conservation scientists now say, the length of the season during which there is no ice could push bears to the point of starvation.

"The observed declines are consistent with long-standing predictions regarding the demographic effects of climate change on polar bears," the Canadian government report says.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64083507

It should be noted in some sub-populations they are increasing while others are decreasing. Mostly driven by changes in ice patterns and migration patterns due to climate change. Overall negative due to our slow action.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
If we are going to use polar bears as a yard stick.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64083507

It should be noted in some sub-populations they are increasing while others are decreasing. Mostly driven by changes in ice patterns and migration patterns due to climate change. Overall negative due to our slow action.
And what has the liberal government done to stop canadian corporations from producing products in China or other countries where they have lower environmental standards? Causing the excess pollution that’s killing the planet.

Nothing.

They’ve done absolutely nothing.

But you better pay that carbon tax.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 12:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

So, JT has been keeping a low profile recently - no new tax increases, no new social program announcements, no aggressive virtue signaling. I wonder if his handlers have advised him to lie low while the wave of hatred dissipates.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 2:02 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Obviously one should be concerned about those who live in BC having to move to Alberta to find a home. There are a number of communities in BC that should be able to be expanded to accommodate growth without having to move to a region of the country dependent on a sunset industry such as oil and natural gas.

I think the Liberals have been trying to advance a just transition agenda in Alberta to help with the transition. Sad the provincial government is standing in the way.
But that's not the reality, and BC is failing to pull its weight and properly house its own people with affordable homes as of 2024. Many young BCers are forced to uproot and move to Alberta for more affordable pastures in 2024.

Quote:
Actually Victoria is growing a good rate. Langford (a suburb of Victoria) is one of the fastest growing communities in Canada.
Langford barely has a population of 55K as of 2024, and at best Langford is adding 2.5-3K to its population each year. It's nowhere near pulling its weight in absorbing Trudeau's flood of NPRs. Brampton alone adds that many people every two weeks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada