HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Hmmm... I could've sworn many on here were rooting for the Bruins over the Leafs. In fact, I always come across cheering against the Leafs when they face any US team. Anti-Canadian?
I was hoping both were eliminated, but Leafs first.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 3:47 PM

I remember when the Canucks were "Canada's Team" in the finals and nobody was rooting for us except Montreal.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 3:51 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Go Oilers!

I am so sick of Canada's Stanley Cup drought that I might even be rooting for the Leafs if they were in the final.

Whoa.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 3:52 PM
arf

I'm really just happy that Boston was booted from the playoffs.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 4:34 PM
Community Guy

Watch parties for the final have gone from $5 to $20. I find that a bit of a shame as this really provided a lot of families and others a very affordable way to connect with the Oilers playoff run and team.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 5:04 PM
arf

^Boo price increase.

File Under: Unbreakable NHL Records

Most career playoff penalty minutes: Dale Hunter, 731 minutes

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
I remember when the Canucks were "Canada's Team" in the finals and nobody was rooting for us except Montreal.
I remember Ottawa fans in whatever year that was whining that Toronto fans weren't supporting them either. I know around here, a lot of people were supporting the Ducks because of Corey Perry, who wasn't that far removed from his Knights Memorial Cup win a couple years earlier and made his home here. He still lives here so that might help the Oilers support in this region. Although I think the area will be pretty solid Oilers anyway, I can't think of any Panthers connection to here.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 8:41 PM
arf

Joe Pavelski is finally calling it quits. Dude is a superstar. That is a lot of games and he still put up 27 goals and 67 points this season.

1533 games, 476 G, 592 A, 1068 PTS.

Twice on the losing team in the Stanley Cup final, 12 time 25 goal scorer.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 9:05 PM

Going to game 3. Tickets that I split with friends are $160 in the regular season but are now $880 for round 4 I've never been to a final in my life so I'm going to fork out for one game. For comparison sake I've got a ticket stub from the '83 playoffs that I attended and the tickets were $32. Back in those days the tickets didn't get more expensive for each round. Extracting maximum money from fans has been perfected.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I remember Ottawa fans in whatever year that was whining that Toronto fans weren't supporting them either. I know around here, a lot of people were supporting the Ducks because of Corey Perry, who wasn't that far removed from his Knights Memorial Cup win a couple years earlier and made his home here. He still lives here so that might help the Oilers support in this region. Although I think the area will be pretty solid Oilers anyway, I can't think of any Panthers connection to here.
Gagner is the ultimate Oiler (and Knights alum). I hope he gets a start, but it looks doubtful at this point.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Going to game 3. Tickets that I split with friends are $160 in the regular season but are now $880 for round 4 I've never been to a final in my life so I'm going to fork out for one game. For comparison sake I've got a ticket stub from the '83 playoffs that I attended and the tickets were $32. Back in those days the tickets didn't get more expensive for each round. Extracting maximum money from fans has been perfected.
Yup I remember the first year. You could still walk up and get a game ticket at the box office for the finals. I went to the first game. Can't even look at going now. Resale are from 1100 to 2200 for a ticket.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 11:04 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Joe Pavelski is finally calling it quits. Dude is a superstar. That is a lot of games and he still put up 27 goals and 67 points this season.

1533 games, 476 G, 592 A, 1068 PTS.

Twice on the losing team in the Stanley Cup final, 12 time 25 goal scorer.
A workhorse and gifted player that we will unlikely see again.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 11:05 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Ours are $220 face (105/11) and are $1038 this round... season ticket holder, face value.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Ours are $220 face (105/11) and are $1038 this round... season ticket holder, face value.
You’re just around the corner from us. 110/7. We both have perfect seats to watch McDavid magic.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldrsx View Post
ours are $220 face (105/11) and are $1038 this round... Season ticket holder, face value.
take my moneyyyyyy

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 2:11 AM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan View Post
take my moneyyyyyy
See you for game 4 buddy.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 3:16 AM
Community Guy

Stupid

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 5:45 AM

Back in the Flames ‘04 run I went to 1 game each round for $50 a game. Had guys beside me laying over $500 towards the end. This is ludicrous.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 1:19 PM

Quote:

Edmontonoilers.com
Don't touch the trophy but it's ok to wear the hats lol.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Stupid
Yup. I wanted to take my wife to a game. Forget about it.

I won't rant about the greed of Katz and the resale market but it's insane how much tickets are going for.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada