HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 1:20 AM

It reminds me of the old French Opera House.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 1:24 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Cletus View Post
It reminds me of the old French Opera House.
Definitely has a Parisian flair to it and definitely looks like that too!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 4:49 AM

Man, that really looks first class.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 6:39 AM

Excellent design. It will be a nice addition to the streetscape there.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 2:06 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post

The more I look at this the more I wish this was also the style they were building at that new hotel on Rampart. Would have looked awesome!

Old Posted Apr 3, 2016, 6:17 PM

WTC Redevelopment

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...d-analysis-in-

Two Canal Street Investors will just not let this go....they really are trying everything they can think of to stop this from happening. Hopefully this will all be put to rest and Four Seasons will complete their redevelopment in peace!

Old Posted Apr 3, 2016, 6:19 PM
just a pool of mushy goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post

This is really steller and I like it all except for the ADA ramps on the front corner. Those ramps should be at the far end of the building with traditional steps on the corner along with doors to the building.

Trumpism is the road to ruin

Old Posted Apr 3, 2016, 8:58 PM
NOLA Razorback

Wtc

Here's an article the Four Seasons development shared on their FB page, kind of calling Two Canal Street out on their bullshit using emails they sent right after the selection process to the head of the selection committee. Hopefully this should end the lawsuit shenanigans. http://louisianarecord.com/stories/5...tc-development

Old Posted Apr 3, 2016, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
Here's an article the Four Seasons development shared on their FB page, kind of calling Two Canal Street out on their bullshit using emails they sent right after the selection process to the head of the selection committee. Hopefully this should end the lawsuit shenanigans. http://louisianarecord.com/stories/5...tc-development
Wow...that is funny! I'm actually really proud of the Four Seasons! I hope this does end the controversy.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 1:04 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
This is really steller and I like it all except for the ADA ramps on the front corner. Those ramps should be at the far end of the building with traditional steps on the corner along with doors to the building.
There's really no other option of where to place them since the corner has be accessible to street level for handicap .

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 2:37 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Yeah, it's hard to tell from the rendering but the entire sidewalk is being lifted up to the new height of the 1st floor, like the lovely South Market garage... Ramps at the corner are unavoidable.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...4hnGIdMXXzUdrA

Usually the raised first floor is a flood insurance thing, but this site is about 3 blocks away from the edge of the floodplain.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 1:25 PM

What a beautiful, timeless addition.
I hope this one gets going soon. It'll be fun to watch it rise.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 4:51 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Yeah, it's hard to tell from the rendering but the entire sidewalk is being lifted up to the new height of the 1st floor, like the lovely South Market garage... Ramps at the corner are unavoidable.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...4hnGIdMXXzUdrA

Usually the raised first floor is a flood insurance thing, but this site is about 3 blocks away from the edge of the floodplain.
There are two elevation things of concern for people when building. One is the BFE the other is to deal with the 18 inch above top of curb or 36 inches if north of Rampart Street. Supposedly, Safety and permits will be discussing changing this in the future because of new floodmaps. But basically the building at 700 magazine still needs to be 18 inches above top of the curb even though its way above BFE.

The only way to avoid this is to get a waiver from Board of Building Standards. I did this for my office in Lakeview which is why its built so much lower than everyone else around there thats new construction.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 6:26 PM
-

BTW I also want to point something out just as future reference for anyone when you buy property especially in dense, zero lot line areas.

Notice this building will butt right up against some of the units windows at notre dame condo building. Some of those units will lose their windows or views. So always do you research and know what can be developed around you. Not sure what was disclosed in their condo docs so it will be interesting to see how this progresses from a legal standpoint. 700 magazine is completely within their rights so if anyone is getting sued its developers of notre dame condo project. However, if they clearly disclosed this then that is that! Always good to do research and verify!

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 6:57 PM
TL;DR

You can buy a "light and ventilation" easement across your neighbor's property for guaranteed unobstructed lot line windows. It prohibits them from building taller within the first 15' back from the lot line (or whatever distance code requires for building separation).

Also, Rozas Ward is the architect for both 425 Notre Dame and 700 Magazine, so I'm sure this issue is being resolved somehow.

According to 425's website, it looks like they are "revising the floorplans", i.e. reconfiguring the units so they don't rely on lot line windows.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 7:01 PM
-

Quote:
You can buy a "light and ventilation" easement across your neighbor's property for guaranteed unobstructed lot line windows, but it prohibits them from building taller within the first 15'.
And thats also very expensive to do.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 7:02 PM
-

Quote:
You can buy a "light and ventilation" easement across your neighbor's property for guaranteed unobstructed lot line windows. It prohibits them from building taller within the first 15' back from the lot line (or whatever distance code requires for building separation).

Also, Rozas Ward is the architect for both 425 Notre Dame and 700 Magazine, so I'm sure this issue is being resolved somehow.

According to 425's website, it looks like they are "revising the floorplans", i.e. reconfiguring the units so they don't rely on lot line windows.
Not sure how they can revise floorplans for a building thats already built?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 7:07 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Not sure how they can revise floorplans for a building thats already built?
It's built, but I'm sure it's not 100% sold. According to the previous floorplans, there are only three units (409, 509, 609) that have windows directly on the property line with 700 Magazine, everything else is set back by about 8'. Maybe the 700 Magazine developers just bought out those units and will renovate them with a new layout. They have plenty of big windows facing the Notre Dame side too...

Last edited by ardecila; Apr 4, 2016 at 7:19 PM.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 7:17 PM
-

Quote:
It's built, but I'm sure it's not 100% sold. According to the previous floorplans, there are only three units (409, 509, 609) that have windows directly on the property line with 700 Magazine, everything else is set back by about 8'.
Ok but those three units would be right on the line and would have issues with their windows. Anyways, just reminding people to do their research. I wouldnt want to pay top dollar for a third floor unit with a balcony looking at the back of a building 8 feet away. So just a warning because some people dont think about it, they just assumes views are guaranteed.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 7:36 PM

On that note, whatever became of the Traçage situation?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations