HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 6:26 PM

Fairly Quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Only four floors to go on the first tower of Pier 202. The next tower should shoot up to match fairly quickly thereafter. I drove by yesterday and the interior work looks non existent on the ground floor, not much framing or MEP work by the looks of it. Just an empty shell still.
They might redefine the work quickly for us. If the history of this shows us anything "fairly quickly" could be years. We can only hope.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA7 View Post
Has anyone else had a chance to take the streetcar yet? I live by University and Mill and have taken it a couple times to places I used to go to when I lived by Rural and Apache last year, works pretty well for that purpose especially when it's getting unbearably hot to walk. Not too many people on there when I go but hopefully there will be more riders when people come back for the school year. Noticed a security guard falling asleep on duty while on it yesterday so that is a little concerning but other than that no complaints so far.
I've ridden it a couple times. The actual ride was great: quicker than walking, air conditioned, smooth. Like with you, there was basically no one on when I rode. My biggest concern is I'm not sure if it runs frequently enough to be that useful, at least for me. Twice I've waited for a car near Hayden Ferry, and ended up just walking, and got to where I was going before ever being passed by the street car. My other worry is that I'm not sure how useful running the cars north on Mill and south on Ash is going to be in practice. I usually am heading south from Rio Salado down Mill, and unless I'm going all the way to University, it doesn't make a lot of sense to take the street car all the way around over on Ash and then walk back to Mill.

I'm sure everyone's needs are not the same as mine. But I'm not likely to wait for it, so unless I catch it just at the right time headed north on Mill, I'll probably still walk a lot of the time.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2022, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
A little off topic on this. But since you mentioned it, I had thought that the 777's replaced the 747's? The past couple of weeks, they have been flying A350's into Phoenix. Did they already scrap flying 777's or are they flying both?
Originally BA had a DC-10 that came from LGW to PHX and then to SAN and back again. Eventually it was replaced by the 747 and PHX had its own dedicated flight from
LHR. When BA retired their 747's, it was replaced by a 777 for awhile. Most recently the route is serviced by the newer A350, but that just started service earlier this year.

American's flight has always been a 777.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 11:49 PM

Omni:

Old Posted Jun 8, 2022, 5:23 AM

Development on Smith and Rio Salado in front of the TMP.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 7:57 PM

I didn’t get a chance to snap a pic but driving by today and it looks like they’ve begun moving dirt for the 100 Mill hotel.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 12:42 AM

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 12:44 AM

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 4:49 PM

Drove by the site the other day and appeared they were ready to raise the tower crane with a few new sections on site.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 8:17 PM

i drove by this last week on the 202 and it truly does look massive (for Phoenix area). tall and big. somebody is doing something right on the fringes of Tempe !

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 9:06 PM
Skyriser

Hopefully the coming slowdown of the economy doesn't affect the developer's tips at the restaurant he works at. It'd be a shame if this project were delayed further.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Hopefully the coming slowdown of the economy doesn't affect the developer's tips at the restaurant he works at. It'd be a shame if this project were delayed further.
lol nice !

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Hope it wasn't funded with some NFTs...

At this point - shouldn't we be seeing the facade of the building going up on the lower floors? Just seems like absolutely nothing other than more floors...very very slowly.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
Hope it wasn't funded with some NFTs...

At this point - shouldn't we be seeing the facade of the building going up on the lower floors? Just seems like absolutely nothing other than more floors...very very slowly.
I was taking my mom to the airport last week and I mentioned how slow this project has moved, and she thought I was talking about the low/mid rise apartments being built on the north side. Had to let her know this project has been going on for years.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2022, 2:42 PM

my prediction is that this will stall due to funding. they clearly have a clunky funding source and with rates jumping the appetite for risk will drop. if it's not fully secured financing all bets are off.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2022, 4:27 PM
Skyriser

I was under the impression this thing was self financed in someway. Didn’t they buy their own tower crane for example?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2022, 8:20 PM
them bones

Tempe was looking amazing this morning at sunrise. I had my 80d as well so I will do a full thread, but here's a sneak peak:

Untitled by Michael Stroh, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 3:45 PM

Quote:
I was under the impression this thing was self financed in someway. Didn’t they buy their own tower crane for example?
I remember during the DRC/Council hearings they quoted a number like $25m of their own money. Not fully self-funded but significantly so. But that's my only data point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
Tempe was looking amazing this morning at sunrise. I had my 80d as well so I will do a full thread, but here's a sneak peak:
I'm in Tempe every day, but I came back into town Saturday after a week away and was still impressed. 100 Mill makes a big difference. Great picture and would love to see the thread.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 9:05 PM

100 Mill

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 9:37 PM

The fence for Hilo (7th/Mill: https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=76307) was taken down. Not sure why. Tempe Development Map has shown Hilo in review for a building permit for about a year. My guess has been that they applied for a building permit before they were ready to actually build to preserve their entitlements, which stipulate that they have to apply for a building permit within 2 years of getting the entitlements, which was in August 2019. But that's just me reading the tea leaves. Not sure what taking down the fence means if anything.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest