HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 10:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocle View Post
I was wondering if whole threads can be blocked
That makes zero sense. The reason you block people is that you can continue to read about and engage on a topic, without the bother of someone you're not interested in hearing. There is no reason to block an entire thread, because that means you're not interested in it as a whole, and so should not be going in there in the first place.

Anyway - looks like the chief of police is leaving. I thought he did a pretty good job. Had some wonderful comments about Calgary during the announcement press conference:
http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/129...-down-sources/

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 11:46 PM

I've been reading here for a while now and I've noticed a trend.

Suburbia gets more and more aggressive, posting increasingly incorrect or uninformed, opinionated comments. This happens until everyone else gets on his case and start mentioning blocking him. Then he tries to be more constructive for at least 30 minutes with comments with the theme of "check this out bros I can be rational if I want to be!" or "I agree with you because I naturally feel like an idiot and want to be accepted", before ramping up on the BS again.

Everyone acts surprised when he posts something useful or conciliatory, but this honestly happens all the time, often weekly.

He's probably the most uninformed person on this page. He adds nothing to discussions except negativity, and his most ridiculous comments distract everyone from having a useful and interesting conversation on construction in this city. His presence here is an abyssal waste everyone's time.

In fact, classic troll. He probably believed in condo living earlier, bought in Keynote, and wakes up every morning with his skull pressed into a point in the 45 degree corners of his bedroom, gets pissed and decides to harass anyone who promotes the lifestyle with which he now feels "stuck".

Don't feed him.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 11:58 PM
not a NIMBY

Warrant Wednesday

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 2:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
Without address of their crimes, how am I supposed to know what part of the Beltline to stay away from?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 8:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryAlex View Post
Suburbia <> posting increasingly incorrect or uninformed, opinionated comments.
<>
He's probably the most uninformed person on this page.
<>
In fact, classic troll. He probably believed in condo living earlier, bought in Keynote, and wakes up every morning with his skull pressed into a point in the 45 degree corners of his bedroom, gets pissed and decides to harass anyone who promotes the lifestyle with which he now feels "stuck".
Can you demonstrate your "opinions"? Show me examples of my "increasingly incorrect" comments. Demonstrate to me that I'm the most "uninformed person". Why the heck would I have bought into keynote?

I suspect you won't have much to say, and most certainly won't be able to point to any "increasingly incorrect" posts. You'll simply dodge and dive. Good luck buddy. I've enjoyed your six posts.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 8:10 PM
BANNED

Last edited by suburbia; Feb 27, 2015 at 3:11 AM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 8:38 PM
Moran supreme

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 5:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
Police investigating double stabbing and reports of downtown gunfire
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...wntown-gunfire
Quote:
The first call occurred in the 300 block of 10th Avenue S.W.

“Around 3 (Sunday) morning, downtown members were on a traffic stop when they were approached by a male who said he thought he heard what sounded like gunshots in front of the National on 10th,” said Det. Jody Cross.
<>
Meanwhile, just before 3:30 a.m. Sunday, two men walked into a convenience store in the 4100 block of Marlborough Drive NE.

“Both were suffering from stab wounds,” Cross said.

Cross said both men were in non-life threatening condition and it’s believed the attack was not random and the victims knew the offender.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 7:27 PM
Moran supreme

Nice one suburbia, edit your post just above mine and take out all the content. What a turd you are.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 1:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
What a turd you are.
Thanks. Very mature.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 2:24 AM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
Thanks. Very mature.
Ninja edits are at about the same level too, eh.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2015, 7:34 PM
BANNED

Calgary police shooting in downtown. Info just starting to come out slowly. Racist white power dude stocks anti racism rally. Police follow him into an alley. Unclear what transpired there, but ended in several shots. Taking the fellow down.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1895929/sh...-racism-rally/

Old Posted Mar 21, 2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
Calgary police shooting in downtown. Info just starting to come out slowly. Racist white power dude stocks anti racism rally. Police follow him into an alley. Unclear what transpired there, but ended in several shots. Taking the fellow down.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1895929/sh...-racism-rally/
This should cause a few Sun readers' heads to explode.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2015, 11:55 PM

delete

Last edited by nick.flood; Feb 5, 2016 at 6:42 PM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Without address of their crimes, how am I supposed to know what part of the Beltline to stay away from?
All parts of the Beltline are extremely dangerous.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 12:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.flood View Post
Where were you last week when the guy in Coventry Hills was attacked in the park with a machete, or the incident at the NE hotel? Your schtick focusing only on inner city stuff is pathetic. Either post it all, or none.
The police opened fire on a white supremacist who was taunting peace activists. Pretty unique scenario.

What NE hotel incident? The fellow with mental illness that got shot by the police? While sad, I don't put that in the same category of the white supremacist how needed to be taken down outside in the public. Still, it was noteworthy, and I thank-you for your genuine contribution to this thread.

BTW - here is the latest on the take-down ...

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/03/22...olice-shooting

Sounds like many unknowns.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 12:11 AM
BANNED

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/...algary-streets
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXCERPT
Shootings have Calgary police concerned about 'significant spike' in gun crimes
<>
It’s believed there has been a “significant spike” in gun crimes in the first two months of 2015, said Calgary Police Service spokesman Kevin Brookwell.

Right now, it just seems like everybody is using guns or has access to guns,” he said at a press conference on Monday.

It’s very concerning that we’re seeing this uptrend.”

Labelling the situation disturbing, Brookwell said that in his 35 years in the business he can’t recall the last time — other than 2007-2009 when gang violence rocked Calgary — that city police were dealing with so much gun violence.
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/03/14...ocial-disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXCERPT
You’re most likely to be a victim of crime in Calgary if you live in its core or in a handful of eastern communities.

Community crime statistics for 2014 released recently by police shed some light on some of the city’s problem-plagued neibourhoods that struggle with lawlessness.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 5:20 AM
BANNED

I heard a woman had her face smashed repeatedly with a rock and was left for dead. Anyone hear more information on this?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 10:46 PM
formerly-furry flâneur

I heard a man was attacked by youths and had his ear chopped off with a machete and was left for dead. Anyone hear more information on this?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 1:14 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty van Reddick View Post
I heard a man was attacked by youths and had his ear chopped off with a machete and was left for dead. Anyone hear more information on this?
Yeah - I think it was a robbery attempt. Injuries were not critical. Pretty crazy.

Lady with face smashed in with repeated thrusts of a rock is in pretty bad shape in hospital. I believe the guy who did it was a downtown resident - was caught between the new Hilton and decommissioned high tech east village restroom / toilet for hire.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy