HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 11:51 PM

Stamps planning to start Jake over Bo Levi this week against the Bombers. I won't be surprised to see Bo elsewhere next year with Sask, Edmonton,Toronto, Hamilton and Montreal likely possible landing spots.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 3:36 PM

3-1 last week to go 32-11 on the season so far.

Calgary at Winnipeg: Calgary is in the midst of a QB controversy while the Bombers are trying to shake off an embarrassing loss. I like the Bombers to bounce back at home. Winnipeg.

Hamilton at Toronto: Argos seem to be slowly getting better, but they are hampered by the loss of Andrew Harris. Hamilton has Dane Evans coming back in, so I'll take the Cats to win this one. Hamilton

Saskatchewan at BC: This one would've been a walk in the park for BC if Rourke was starting, but now that he's injured the Lions are in trouble. I'll take the Riders to get revenge on the Lions. Saskatchewan.

Ottawa at Edmonton: I'm don't know what's going on here, it's basically a coin toss. When in doubt, pick the western team I guess. Edmonton.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post

Saskatchewan at BC: This one would've been a walk in the park for BC if Rourke was starting, but now that he's injured the Lions are in trouble. I'll take the Riders to get revenge on the Lions. Saskatchewan.
I have faith in the Canadian and the Riders are just junk right now.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 4:23 PM

Yes the other Canadian.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 4:43 PM

THROWBACK: (a few years after the Ice Age). When football really mattered in T-Dot. 

1983 Argos Grey Cup (Bay Street parade).

3D

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 4:48 PM
arf

Quote:

Calgary at Winnipeg: Calgary is in the midst of a QB controversy while the Bombers are trying to shake off an embarrassing loss. I like the Bombers to bounce back at home. Winnipeg.

Hamilton at Toronto: Argos seem to be slowly getting better, but they are hampered by the loss of Andrew Harris. Hamilton has Dane Evans coming back in, so I'll take the Cats to win this one. Hamilton

Ottawa at Edmonton: I'm don't know what's going on here, it's basically a coin toss. When in doubt, pick the western team I guess. Edmonton.

Edmonton is the home team too. 2 picks different this week. Could be the TSN turning point here.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Edmonton is the home team too. 2 picks different this week. Could be the TSN turning point here.
Dramatic!!!

I see you picked BC to win... everyone is dumping on the Riders but honestly, I think Rourke is the Lions' X-factor and without him they are in trouble.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 8:40 PM
Ham-burgher

Hamilton is such a conundrum. Seemingly has the talent for a winning team but can't put together a complete 4-quarter game.

Dane may be playing out the rest of the season for his job. I too think there will be some major QB shuffling next off-season, and the Ticats may be part of the dance.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 12:22 AM

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 1:34 AM

Still a bit strange to me that the Banjo Bowl sold out so far ahead of the LDC (though it makes sense), but good for both teams. Bombers/Riders are always a blast (and on field, always unpredictable ).

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 2:04 AM

Riders attendance has been hurting this year due to riders pricing tickets too expensive and the massive jump in gas prices this year fans from saskatoon and moose jaw coming into games its too expensive to do so this year.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 2:22 AM

x
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Riders attendance has been hurting this year due to riders pricing tickets too expensive and the massive jump in gas prices this year fans from saskatoon and moose jaw coming into games its too expensive to do so this year.
Apparently didn't affect the LDC

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 2:49 AM

Cool old school story

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 4:44 AM

What a win by the Bombers, in characteristic heart stopping fashion. I have to give Calgary credit though, Jake Maier did a great job moving the ball tonight and the Stamps played well. But it was nice to see the Big Blue come through in the clutch during the fourth quarter.

Fun fact: Bombers are now the first team in modern (post 1958) CFL history to record 400 home wins

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 6:07 AM

Quote:
What a win by the Bombers
Good crowd, 30,062

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 1:43 PM

Since 2021 Bo Levi has 19 tds and 19 interceptions same numbers as Chris Strevler. If a team is interested in him in free agency next winter I would be very careful because after his shoulder injury he has never been the same.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 1:49 PM

What was that Phantom Roughing the Passer call and then the make-up Phantom Holding call in the 4th quarter?

Great game though! And eventhough I'm a Roughrider supporter I want O'Conner to do well tonight.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Since 2021 Bo Levi has 19 tds and 19 interceptions same numbers as Chris Strevler. If a team is interested in him in free agency next winter I would be very careful because after his shoulder injury he has never been the same.
So you don't think Bo Levi would have done any better last night? I was pondering that on my way home from the game.

Maier looked really good IMO, he did better than I expected. He is a legit starter. I guess there's a changing of the guard happening in Calgary.

The Stamps may need to ship out BLM sooner rather than later. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will be content with riding the pine. He's moody, sullen and irascible enough when he's actually playing...

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 1:57 PM

Maier is a stud you can build your team around. BO looks done to me a lot of miles on him.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 4:07 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

^Agreed, Bo hasn’t seemed to fully recover from his various injuries that started before Covid. There have been rumblings in Calgary to replace him for quite a while that have just grown louder & louder. I know everyone seems to love the backup (QB or goalie) but it became quite obvious Mitchell wasn’t right physically. This was paralleled with Sean Monahan on the Flames where it became obvious he shouldn’t be playing but they kept putting him in hoping his performance would improve.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada