HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 12, 2012, 3:30 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gibbroni View Post
Yeah but Cal, unlimited condo-building is not a sustainable industry. It's not something that can continue indefinitely - as even you are about to discover..

What happens after too many cheapo investorboxes have been built- and the investors walk away? Bad times, I reckon.
I was supposed to find out 12 years ago.

Wake me up before we go over the cliff.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
I was supposed to find out 12 years ago.

Wake me up before we go over the cliff.
I think right now it's pretty much slowing down a lot.

Haven't sales dropped 15-20% in Toronto/Montreal and close to 40% in Vancouver ?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2012, 11:25 PM
gettin' rich!

Down 30% from a record year last year, there were 28,000 condos sold (2011)

The average for Toronto is between 18,000 to 20,000 over the past 6 years.

Our housing sales here are "normalizing".

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 6:41 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Down 30% from a record year last year, there were 28,000 condos sold (2011)

The average for Toronto is between 18,000 to 20,000 over the past 6 years.

Our housing sales here are "normalizing".
lol! Ok Cal. You know there's this river in Africa, it's called. De____. (Google "rivers in Africa")

By the way, aside from all those cheap-shit investorboxes that are falling apart before they're even finished, how's the infrastructure going? Keeping up? Can you recommend a sweet 300 square footer with a good view of.. the Gardiner maybe?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Can you recommend a sweet 300 square footer with a good view of.. the Gardiner maybe?
Sure can! Check out Infinity 3/4!

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 7:04 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redkey View Post
Sure can! Check out Infinity 3/4!
Cool! No exploding glass or leaking there?

Will I also be able to watch the DRL construction from there? I hear that'll be starting any day now...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 9:34 AM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
lol! Ok Cal. You know there's this river in Africa, it's called. De____. (Google "rivers in Africa")

By the way, aside from all those cheap-shit investorboxes that are falling apart before they're even finished, how's the infrastructure going? Keeping up? Can you recommend a sweet 300 square footer with a good view of.. the Gardiner maybe?
You're the one in denial. Last month, Tridel sold 80% of the units released in a 224 meter tower in less than a week.

Wake me up when the bubble pops.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2012, 9:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
You're the one in denial. Last month, Tridel sold 80% of the units released in a 224 meter tower in less than a week.

Wake me up when the bubble pops.
Woo hoo Cal! More cheesy Tridel towers pumping up the skyline! Cheap crap city rules woo hoo! So long as it adds to the world-classiness of the the all-important skyline, who cares if it's a piece of shit? More cheap shit = more skyline = more world classiness!

Toronto: more high rises under 300 metres under construction than anywhere else in the world!

Can't even make a go of being a real hi rise contender? C'mon man, our collective hard-ons are depending on Toronto! It's the only place with little or no planning constraints,, heritage rules, aesthetic sensibilities, design requirements, etc, etc. Build big crappy ugly things! Who cares what the fuck they look like or how cheaply they are constructed! (perfect example: Aura). TALL! Some serious skyline-as-viewed-from-dude-in-helicopter planning is called for! Fuck the street aspect. Street level is for people who live on the ground, not for internet skyline-viewing dorks, the true connaiseures of urbanity.

Last edited by The Gibbroni; Dec 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2012, 12:55 PM
The New Republic

There's little less appealing than people who gloat. Toronto is doing very well, but it's really off putting to brag about it every 2nd post. Besides, it's not like any of us built, designed, or financed these buildings. We had practically nothing to do with the boom. Toronto's ascension has as much to do with it being in Canada than anything else. It's a result of the collective efforts of Canadians from coast to coast.

Photos are appreciated, but the rest is in really poor taste.... and quite frankly very childish.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 2:11 AM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Woo hoo Cal! More cheesy Tridel towers pumping up the skyline! Cheap crap city rules woo hoo! So long as it adds to the world-classiness of the the all-important skyline, who cares if it's a piece of shit? More cheap shit = more skyline = more world classiness!

Toronto: more high rises under 300 metres under construction than anywhere else in the world!

Can't even make a go of being a real hi rise contender? C'mon man, our collective hard-ons are depending on Toronto! It's the only place with little or no planning constraints,, heritage rules, aesthetic sensibilities, design requirements, etc, etc. Build big crappy ugly things! Who cares what the fuck they look like or how cheaply they are constructed! (perfect example: Aura). TALL! Some serious skyline-as-viewed-from-dude-in-helicopter planning is called for! Fuck the street aspect. Street level is for people who live on the ground, not for internet skyline-viewing dorks, the true connaiseures of urbanity.
Wow! Why don't you tell us how you really feel, starting with all the crap going up in your own town? Making cheap under 30 floorcondos into an artform, making internet dorks out of us all.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 2:16 AM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
There's little less appealing than people who gloat. Toronto is doing very well, but it's really off putting to brag about it every 2nd post. Besides, it's not like any of us built, designed, or financed these buildings. We had practically nothing to do with the boom. Toronto's ascension has as much to do with it being in Canada than anything else. It's a result of the collective efforts of Canadians from coast to coast.

Photos are appreciated, but the rest is in really poor taste.... and quite frankly very childish.
Sorry guy, I didn't realie Gibbroni was CEO and 99% investor in Bombardier.

As for the Skyscraper updates no appreciation is required. I do it because I love to do it.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 2:44 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Toronto's ascension has as much to do with it being in Canada than anything else. .
Or that it is NOT in Quebec?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 5:11 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Or that it is NOT in Quebec?
Your comment, not mine.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 5:12 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Sorry guy, I didn't realie Gibbroni was CEO and 99% investor in Bombardier.
Telling that you think that post was directed at you. Gibbroni? What does that have to do with bragging about Toronto?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Or that it is NOT Halifax?
I fixed it for you. You're welcomed.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 1:14 PM

This thread is getting confusing.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 1:46 PM

Any post by Gibbroni is usually followed by a page of nothing topic-related.

In actual business news, Canada's natural gas sector could pass the oil sands in investment over the next 22 years.

http://business.financialpost.com/20...val-oil-sands/

Quote:
Natural gas could attract as much as $386-billion in investments by 2035 and create 3.2 million person-years of employment (or an average of 131,460 jobs annually), says the Conference Board of Canada in a new report. This compares to $364-billion investments expected in the oil sands and equal job growth during the period, according to an earlier Board study.

The investment surge in natural gas will generate $940-billion in direct and indirect economic growth, including $364-billion directly to the country’s GDP over the forecast period, the Board said in a report published Monday.
The comparison between the two is somewhat redundant since the natural gas industry feeds off of oil sands production. Still, there are some impressive numbers being thrown around in that article. It also goes to show that we need to get the infrastructure to deliver this to Asia set up now unless they want to sell for less than $3/MMBtu.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 1:49 PM

Meanwhile, Region of Waterloo and Guelph manufacturers are hiring but having trouble finding skilled tradespeople to fill the positions. I know, that has nothing to do with either Toronto condos or Bombardier aircraft, but the Region manufactures inputs for both, so I guess it qualifies for this thread!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 3:36 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Your comment, not mine.
Whatever the factors, one cannot dispute that Toronto benefited greatly from the fact that it was (and is) the biggest city in Canada that is not located in Quebec.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 1:37 AM

Tim Hudak, Ontario's PC leader, once again brought up the idea of selling booze in corner stores not too long ago. I found this from almost five years ago:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=153934

Nothing has changed, except Ontario beer prices are even higher than they were in 2008.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada