HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 18, 2015, 2:38 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-chop View Post
Hey Tennis, I saw a pre-leasing sign for what appears to be a new retail center at the corner of Elysian Fields (6200 block) and Robert E. Lee. Any details? Tks!
Ill see if I can find anything.

All I could find was resubdivision of the property at 2200 Robert E lee.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2015, 5:28 PM
life is good

Market Street Property to go to auction after foreclosure
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...power-plant-to

my thoughts: since NOLA finally has a hot real estate market and we are seeing some mid/high rise construction, this may actually move forward once a new team is brought in.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2015, 7:38 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Market Street Property to go to auction after foreclosure
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...power-plant-to

my thoughts: since NOLA finally has a hot real estate market and we are seeing some mid/high rise construction, this may actually move forward once a new team is brought in.
Seems likely Jaeger bids on this in the fall.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2015, 8:22 PM

That power plant is beautiful. I wish it could be re-used as part of the redevelopment.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2015, 9:34 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenchiku desu View Post
That power plant is beautiful. I wish it could be re-used as part of the redevelopment.
Im sure it will be... it is gorgeous!

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 12:09 AM

Power Plant

A city doesn't often get the chance to rehabilitate a building like that! What an architect or a civil engineer could do! It's a great-looking old building!

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 4:51 AM
TL;DR

No way the city allows this to be torn down. Any kind of redevelopment will likely need financial incentives from the city and I'm sure they will demand preservation of this landmark structure.

The only question is whether, like the Dixie Brewery, the building is too far gone to be saved.

It would be awesome if the rehabbed interior puts parking on the ground floor, and gradually brings visitors up to the second level with a large terrace extending over the railroad tracks linking to the river.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 10:19 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
No way the city allows this to be torn down. Any kind of redevelopment will likely need financial incentives from the city and I'm sure they will demand preservation of this landmark structure.

The only question is whether, like the Dixie Brewery, the building is too far gone to be saved.

It would be awesome if the rehabbed interior puts parking on the ground floor, and gradually brings visitors up to the second level with a large terrace extending over the railroad tracks linking to the river.
Im sure we can expect something along the lines of Baltimores rehabbed power plant, hopefully with better tenants.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 12:04 AM
TL;DR

Maybe. I'd hate for it to be too tourist-oriented, though. That whole area really represents the city's best shot at building an urban, walkable regional shopping district for locals like what Canal St used to be. It's right off the highway so it could be just as convenient and far cooler than Lakeside Mall.

I've mentioned this before but I think Midtown Miami is a perfect example of what should be built. Major retail, midrise residential plus the adaptive reuse of the powerplant into a centerpiece. You could even use Perkins Rowe in BR as another good example, or Southeast False Creek in Vancouver for the residential piece.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 2:46 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Maybe. I'd hate for it to be too tourist-oriented, though. That whole area really represents the city's best shot at building an urban, walkable regional shopping district for locals like what Canal St used to be. It's right off the highway so it could be just as convenient and far cooler than Lakeside Mall.

I've mentioned this before but I think Midtown Miami is a perfect example of what should be built. Major retail, midrise residential plus the adaptive reuse of the powerplant into a centerpiece. You could even use Perkins Rowe in BR as another good example, or Southeast False Creek in Vancouver for the residential piece.

Yeah i dont want too touristy ... things like dicks last resort i dont want. I think midtown miami is a good idea for concept wise though.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 6:02 PM

Big proposal for those abandoned warehouses by NOCCA. Really don't see this going down as they're not rehabilitating a historic structure like the Rice Mill and the neighbors will be pretty up in arms about 220 new units.

Crazier things have happened but I don't expect it to go forward, at least at this scale. 220 new lofts is a heckuva lot for that neighborhood. I'm thinking of going to one of those neighborhood meetings just to hear people complain about gentrification!

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...treet.php#more

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 10:25 PM

Has anyone heard any news on the World Trade Center construction or 1031 Canal? I know they have been clearing the land, but does anyone know when construction is supposed to start? Things seem a bit eerily quiet on these two...

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 12:04 AM

1031 Canal

I went by there a day or so ago and it looks like the site is cleared and ready for construction to start. They've got the west bound lanes of Canal Street just adjacent to the site closed and diverted to the other side. Don't know if this has anything to do with the project though.

I'm curious about the World Trade Center too. No activity there at all. I stayed at the Four Seasons in Atlanta a few weeks ago and there's going to be a tremendous amount of work to be done to bring the WTC up to that standard.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgray View Post
I went by there a day or so ago and it looks like the site is cleared and ready for construction to start. They've got the west bound lanes of Canal Street just adjacent to the site closed and diverted to the other side. Don't know if this has anything to do with the project though.
Canal street is closed there for the streetcar tie in work. After they tore down the Woolworth bldg they had to repair the brickwork on the adjacent building wall, then they will hopefully start construction on 1031. All the permits seem to be in place.

If I recall correctly from the bid proposals, the Four Seasons was going to begin construction this Fall. This summer they are doing exploratory demo and construction drawings (if they stick to that original plan).

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 3:42 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Canal street is closed there for the streetcar tie in work. After they tore down the Woolworth bldg they had to repair the brickwork on the adjacent building wall, then they will hopefully start construction on 1031. All the permits seem to be in place.

If I recall correctly from the bid proposals, the Four Seasons was going to begin construction this Fall. This summer they are doing exploratory demo and construction drawings (if they stick to that original plan).

Plans fro WTC are with the city now.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 5:49 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
Big proposal for those abandoned warehouses by NOCCA. Really don't see this going down as they're not rehabilitating a historic structure like the Rice Mill and the neighbors will be pretty up in arms about 220 new units.

Crazier things have happened but I don't expect it to go forward, at least at this scale. 220 new lofts is a heckuva lot for that neighborhood. I'm thinking of going to one of those neighborhood meetings just to hear people complain about gentrification!

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...treet.php#more
The New CZO calls for this type of development so I think its unlikely neighborhood can block it. BTW the neighborhood actually did everyone a favor by suing the new czo and it not being put on hold by a court(specifically the part of new czo addressing this area) because that sort of tells you what the court thinks about it. So they have sort of used their powder already. It seems that way at least.

12-Ft. Wide Uptown House Gets Approval

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...town-house.php

New Orleans is About to Get More Tiny Houses

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...oming-soon.php

New zoning district created around Lafitte Greenway by City Planning Commission

http://midcitymessenger.com/2015/07/...on/#more-11057

$350,000 ArtPlace grant awarded to Arts Council of New Orleans

http://blog.nola.com/new_orleans/201...l#incart_river

St. Bernard Parish rebuilds itself from utter devastation after Hurricane Katrina

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...ion-st-bernard

Grant to help build 'cultural campus' hub for Mardi Gras Indians in Central City

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...build-cultural

Opening Report: The Standard Lands Uptown, Fair Grinds Settles In On St. Claude

http://nola.eater.com/2015/7/22/9014...nds-settles-in

LA 23 BBQ Plans For Belle Chasse Brick & Mortar

http://nola.eater.com/2015/7/21/9009...e-brick-mortar

New Bed and Breakfast Coming To Irish Channel?

http://canalstreetbeat.com/new-bed-a...irish-channel/

Upscale Wine Hub Bar Frances Heads To Freret From Tujague's Owner

http://nola.eater.com/2015/7/16/8979...tujagues-owner

The Orpheum returns to Beaux-Arts glory with historic renovation

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...-to-beaux-arts

Plans for Half Grand Union being Installed right now as part of Rampart Streetcar:

'The Wave' is Now Installed in City Park

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...-park.php#more

Permits:

1581 Magazine St·New Construction ·Ref Code: 7G61AV
Download (1) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Nicholas Musser
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/16/2015 7:59:01 PM
Closed:
No
Description
EXTERIOR PERMIT SET: New construction of a 54,000 SF mixed used building in the Lower Garden District of New Orleans. The building is located on the corner of Magazine and Richard Streets, with a perimeter building that is three stories with ground floor commercial and two residential stories above. The interior portion of the building is three stories of residential units above parking. A total of 36 units, including 27 two bedroom and 9 one bedroom units, are provided. Site improvements include new sidewalks, fencing and landscaping.

1581 Magazine St·New Construction ·Ref Code: 2J4QKK
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Nicholas Musser
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/16/2015 8:00:05 PM
Closed:
No
Description
INTERIOR PERMIT SET: New construction of a 54,000 SF mixed used building in the Lower Garden District of New Orleans. The building is located on the corner of Magazine and Richard Streets, with a perimeter building that is three stories with ground floor commercial and two residential stories above. The interior portion of the building is three stories of residential units above parking. A total of 36 units, including 27 two bedroom and 9 one bedroom units, are provided. Site improvements include new sidewalks, fencing and landscaping.

3700 Orleans Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: WACETY
Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Sabeen Hasan
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/17/2015 2:07:53 PM
Closed:
No
Description
THIS PROJECT IS A MINOR RENOVATION OF THE LEASING OFFICES AND LOBBY OF THE EXISTING AMERICAN CAN COMPANY APARTMENT BUILDING. IT INCLUDES NEW INTERIOR PARTITIONS, NEW INTERIOR FINISHES, LIGHTING UPGRADES, AND MINOR PLUMBING, SPRINKLER HEAD AND HVAC DISTRIBUTION MODIFICATIONS. THE VALUE OF THE RENOVATION SCOPE TOTALS LESS THAN 50% OF THE VALUE OF THE EXISTING STRUCTURE.

3500 Kabel Dr·New Construction ·Ref Code: VWW42C
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Michelle Richard
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/15/2015 2:52:23 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Demolition of existing one-story commercial building and foundation. Construct an approximate 1,800sf one-story pediatric office building, including raised concrete foundation system with pilings and wood framing. Paving and site work included.

400 N Peters St, suite 404·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: F4YX41
Download (2) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Jared Bowers
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/15/2015 12:58:29 PM
Closed:
No
Description
New tenant build out for Vans store in existing mercantile building. Addition of new stair and hand / guard rail to existing mezzanine.

715 Chartres St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: JZA115
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Andre Villere
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/15/2015 6:11:12 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Miscellaneous masonry repairs to the Cathedral.

701 S Peters St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: 54ZCK6
Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Kirk Fabacher
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/17/2015 4:12:03 PM
Closed:
No
Description
this is an amendment to the current active permit 14-33457-RNVN, to relocate two proposed dwelling units on the first floor and add another dwelling unit where interior parking currently exist.

324 Julia St·HDLC COA · Permit #15-21464-HDLC ·Ref Code: L07AEC
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Aaron Sagona
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
7/17/2015 3:19:09 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Install 1 set of individually mounted reverse lit channel letters and 2 blade signs as per drawings and HDLC C/A #

2420 St Claude Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: WDAN6F
Type:
Applicant:
Nicholas Bruno
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/14/2015 4:51:58 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Project involves the non structural renovation of exterior facade in an HDLC district. Work involves the removal of existing windows and commercial door and installation of new storefront windows and door for commercial business on first floor. New awnings will be installed as per plans. Current signage will be removed. A seperate application for signage will follow. Project is financed in part by NORA Facade Renew Grant.

300 Canal St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: QWUQY0
Type:
Applicant:
Nat Parks
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/15/2015 5:36:39 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Model Room - Renovation of (2) guest rooms and a portion of the corridor directly outside the guest rooms at the DoubleTree Hotel

3941 Downman Rd, 1st Fl·Change of Use · Permit #15-21291-CUSE ·Ref Code: DNH4LA
Download (6) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Doanh Nguyen
Permit Approval Letter
Date Filed:
7/16/2015 12:17:39 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Convert 1st floor of office to boutique as per plans. No electrical. No plumbing. No mechanical.

5717 Magazine St B·Change of Use ·Ref Code: 3QER5L
Download (3) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
JP MackIndustries, LLC
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/16/2015 4:09:46 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Interior renovation to convert a vacant space (Unit B) to an office - sheetrock, electrical, painting, flooring, fixtures, new compressor (mechanical).

615 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Permit #15-22013-RNVN ·Ref Code: Q6FWFR
Download (4)
Print Summary
Ad to Watch List
progress
Type:
Applicant:
Marengo Investments LLC
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
7/22/2015 3:36:31 PM
Closed:
N
Description
Renovate facade of commercial building per contract and NORA grant -new windows, new storefront, new doors, paint, install Hardi board, etc.NO use and occupancy under this permit.

1437 Magazine St·New Construction ·Ref Code: N0UB82
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
progress
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Joseph Kimbrell
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/22/2015 1:20:53 PM
Closed:
No
Description
The proposed new building will be a 2 story double. The intent of the project is to rebuild / replace the building which previously existed on the site. The previously existing building partially collapsed during hurricane Katrina and was demolished shortly thereafter.

4561 N Rampart St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: VBKW0Z
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
progress
Type:
HDLC CO
Applicant:
New Orleans Airlift Delaney Martin
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
7/22/2015 3:38:21 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Construct accessory sculptures for proposed Cultural facility as per drawings and HDLC C/A 15-21578-HDLC. (Conceptual Review)

1800 N Rampart St, 1st Floor·Change of Use ·Ref Code: TDQFGP
Download (2)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
progress
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Michael L Farley
Application Review
Date Filed:
7/22/2015 12:46:29 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Convert 1st floor of 2-stry mixed-use structure to restaurant as per plans. (1-commercial, 1-residential). No exterior work allowed under this permit. Signage requires separate permit and HDLC approval.

131 Decatur St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: 511EQK
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
rogress
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Christopher Chimento
Permit Case Created
Date Filed:
7/22/2015 3:29:40 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Replace several existing non traditional wood double door openings with full plate glass walls and doors on the ground floor level for a gallery space and hotel entrance.

3308 Magazine St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: VYZJW1
Download (1)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
progress
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
John Guarnieri
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/21/2015 3:11:13 PM
Closed:
No
Description
FOR HDLC REVIEW ONLY Gallery added to the the Magazine St. facade. Restoration of existing windows on magazine facade + new windows to match. New metal siding to replace corroded metal siding and new window in the rear . FOR HDLC REVIEW ONLY

5018 Freret St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Permit #15-21863-RNVN ·Ref Code: 0KAT61
Download (7)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
progress
Type:
Applicant:
Jeffrey Schello
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
7/22/2015 8:47:42 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Repair vacant commercial space on first floor only - front brick wall, front door and point brick. No use and occupancy under this permit. Permit for use and occupancy shall be applied for under separate permit.

1800 N Rampart St, 1st Floor·Change of Use ·Ref Code: TDQFGP
Download (2)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
progress
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Michael L Farley
Application Review
Date Filed:
7/22/2015 12:46:29 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Convert 1st floor of 2-stry mixed-use structure to restaurant as per plans. (1-commercial, 1-residential). No exterior work allowed under this permit. Signage requires separate permit and HDLC approval.

131 Decatur St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: 511EQK
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
progress
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Christopher Chimento
Permit Case Created
Date Filed:
7/22/2015 3:29:40 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Replace several existing non traditional wood double door openings with full plate glass walls and doors on the ground floor level for a gallery space and hotel entrance.

3308 Magazine St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: VYZJW1
Download (1)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
progress
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
John Guarnieri
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/21/2015 3:11:13 PM
Closed:
No
Description
FOR HDLC REVIEW ONLY Gallery added to the the Magazine St. facade. Restoration of existing windows on magazine facade + new windows to match. New metal siding to replace corroded metal siding and new window in the rear . FOR HDLC REVIEW ONLY

Jung Hotel Construction Photos July 18, 2015:

Last edited by tennis1400; Jul 22, 2015 at 10:57 PM.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 4:32 AM

Former Sara Mayo Hospital on Jackson Ave slated for renovation into apartment complex

Quote:
The long-shuttered, grafitti-covered former Sara Mayo hospital on Jackson Avenue is slated for redevelopment into a 211-unit, eight-story apartment complex with ground-floor restaurants and offices, neighbors learned Friday morning.
http://uptownmessenger.com/2015/07/f...ment-building/

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 6:05 AM
TL;DR

^ About damn time! I don't even care that it's Kailas doing it.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 6:07 AM

Great news that there are plans to finally redevelop the hospital. I also like that the apartment mix will be focused on one bedroom units. One bedroom places seem to get snatched up fast when they come onto the market.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2015, 4:10 PM
-

Besh Group's Willa Jean Will Change New Orleans' Bakery Game on August 6

http://nola.eater.com/2015/7/27/9046...me-on-august-6

1818 Burgundy Street Development

210 Okeefe Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: KXJT8D
DOWNLOAD(1) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Sandra Pantelic
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/23/2015 8:46:49 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Renovation of existing hotel as per plans (THIS is for Moxy Hotel in CBD)

djsnola
ITEM 36– Docket Number: 152-15
Applicant or Agent: HRI Iberville, LLC, HOUSING AUTHORITY of New Orleans
Property Location: 1559 Iberville Street Zip: 70112
Bounding Streets: Iberville St., N. Robertson St., Conti St., & Marais St.
Zoning District: RM-3 Multiple-Family Residential District
Historic District: N/A Planning District: 4
Existing Use: Vacant Lot Square Number: 186
Proposed Use: Multi-Family Residence Lot Number: 4
Project Planner: Nicolette P. Jones (nipjones@nola.gov)
Request Citation: This request is for variances from the provisions of Article 4, Section 4.11.7 (Table 4.K)
and Article 15, Section 15.3.2 and Section 15.2.1 of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
Request: This request is to permit the construction of a multi-family residence with insufficient
minimum lot area per dwelling unit, insufficient minimum front yard depth, insufficient off-street
parking, and insufficient off-street loading.

djsnola
ITEM 37– Docket Number: 153-15
Applicant or Agent: HRI Iberville, LLC, HOUSING AUTHORITY of New Orleans
Property Location: 1531 Bienville Street Zip: 70112
Bounding Streets: Bienville St., Conti St., N. Villere St., & N. Robertson St.
Zoning District: RM-3 Multiple-Family Residential District
Historic District: N/A Planning District: 4
Existing Use: Vacant Lot Square Number: -2
Proposed Use: Multi-Family Residence Lot Number: 185, 160
Project Planner: Nicolette P. Jones (nipjones@nola.gov)
Request Citation: This request is for variances from the provisions of Article 4, Section 4.11.7 (Table 4.K)
and Article 15, Section 15.3.2 and Section 15.2.1 of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
Request: This request is to permit the construction of a multi-family residence with insufficient
minimum lot area per dwelling unit, insufficient minimum front yard depth, insufficient off-street
parking, and insufficient off-street loading

djsnola
TEM 38– Docket Number: 154-15
Applicant or Agent: New Orleans Redevelopment Authority, Rebecca Margolis
Property Location: 3117 Industrial Court Zip: 70117
Bounding Streets: Industrial Ct., Clouet St., N. Roman St., & Louisa St.
Zoning District: RD-3 Two-Family Residential District
Historic District: N/A Planning District: 7
Existing Use: Vacant Land Square Number: 788
Proposed Use: GREENHOUSE Lot Number: 49
Project Planner: Tyler Antrup (tjantrup@nola.gov)
Request Citation: This request is for variances from provisions of Article 4, Section 4.6.7 (Table 4.F) of
the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
Request: This request is to permit the construction of a greenhouse with insufficient lot area, lot width,
lot depth, side-yard width and rear yard depth.

Construction Begins on Oak Lofts

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...ion-begins.php

NFL-backed 100,000 Square Foot Assisted Living Center Coming To Kenner

http://canalstreetbeat.com/nfl-backe...ing-to-kenner/

Joan Mitchell Center to Unveil Modern Renovated Campus

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2015...ampus.php#more

Last edited by tennis1400; Jul 27, 2015 at 4:29 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations