HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
I don't post often but read this all the time. Thought y'all would find it interesting last week Dumez and Ripple, the two co-founders of Eskew Dumez and Ripple came by the bar I work at and said they were about to go propose a new 50 story tower that would be built on an empty lot on Poydras St, saying it'll be the tallest building in the city if completed. I tried to charm more details out of them but they said they're sworn to secrecy. Look forward to hearing more about the proposal!
I bet this must be in response to the RFP for the lot next to the Piazza.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 10:17 PM

It would be exciting to see a proper high-rise built. It is SkyscraperPage after all

The Piazza lot does seem very likely, although there's also that lot that was going to be a Trump tower. There's also that lot next to Le Pavillon that was recently sold. I could see that working for high-rise residential or hotel. I hope we'll see some taller construction once all of these renovations wrap up.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 5:54 PM

The possibility of a new high-rise becoming the tallest in the city is certainly exciting! While there are many very successful cities with limited high-rises, I've always viewed new high-rises as a sign that things are going well in that city.

In terms of location I hope that it is not the Piazza d'Italia site. In arch history we learned that Charles Moore envisioned the space as a small intimate "surprise" piazza, a vision that was obviously never realized due to the adjacent surface lot not being developed. I feel that a beautiful mid-rise would better create that space rather than having the piazza as a doorstep to a 700'+ tower. However, EDR does some pretty good work so maybe they could pull it off well. Nevertheless it will be exciting to see!

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 6:58 PM

South Market District to add fourth building to downtown New Orleans

South Market District will add a fourth building to its downtown mixed-use development, a condo project with street-level retail space, developer The Domain Cos. said Wednesday (July 8).

The Standard, a 15-story building, will offer 89 condos and 24,000 square feet of retail space along Rampart and Julia streets and O'Keefe Avenue. A price tag for construction will be released later this year, a spokeswoman said.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...l#incart_river

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 7:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.O.L.A. View Post
The possibility of a new high-rise becoming the tallest in the city is certainly exciting! While there are many very successful cities with limited high-rises, I've always viewed new high-rises as a sign that things are going well in that city.

In terms of location I hope that it is not the Piazza d'Italia site. In arch history we learned that Charles Moore envisioned the space as a small intimate "surprise" piazza, a vision that was obviously never realized due to the adjacent surface lot not being developed. I feel that a beautiful mid-rise would better create that space rather than having the piazza as a doorstep to a 700'+ tower. However, EDR does some pretty good work so maybe they could pull it off well. Nevertheless it will be exciting to see!
Ill see if I can find anything out. BTW the Standard at first glance seems a lot higher than 15 stories... guess its the window pattern.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 7:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.O.L.A. View Post

One thing that does seem to point towards Piazza site is the height limits. Part of the site is limited to 175 feet the other is unlimited height so its possible because of the large far of the whole site but the existence of a height limit on about half of it that they would need to go quite high on one section to use all the allotted FAR. Also 50 stories to b a new tallest im guessing somewhere around 7-750 to roof height. Usually residential and hotel is lower ceiling compared to a commercial office building so Id very curious to see how they will be the highest. Hoepfully not a cheap little spire or something like that. id love to see roof height above 700 feet.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 7:41 PM

Looks like it will be fairly comparable in height to 701 Loyola (USPS building) to me. The design is not that original, but it will still be a nice addition to the skyline.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 7:44 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Looks like it will be fairly comparable in height to 701 Loyola (USPS building) to me. The design is not that original, but it will still be a nice addition to the skyline.
yeah its simple but nice enough!

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
One thing that does seem to point towards Piazza site is the height limits. Part of the site is limited to 175 feet the other is unlimited height so its possible because of the large far of the whole site but the existence of a height limit on about half of it that they would need to go quite high on one section to use all the allotted FAR. Also 50 stories to b a new tallest im guessing somewhere around 7-750 to roof height. Usually residential and hotel is lower ceiling compared to a commercial office building so Id very curious to see how they will be the highest. Hoepfully not a cheap little spire or something like that. id love to see roof height above 700 feet.
I'm guessing the 175' height limitation is the portion along Tchoupitoulas?

To be the tallest it would essentially have to be 700' since One Shell Square is 697'. One Shell Square is also 51 stories.... so my guess is that it is just barely going to pass One Shell Square. Maybe it will be shorter roof height than One Shell Square and use a spire to become the "tallest"? For comparison, Trump was going to be 70 floors at 716' roof height/842' spire.

Last edited by N.O.L.A.; Jul 8, 2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 9:50 PM

Part of the Tolmas tract in Metairie will be a Trader Joe's (free article):
http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...+into+Metairie

And I count 14 stories on the Standard

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 12:39 AM

Wasn't there talk of putting a grocery store in the Jung Hotel redevelopment? That would be a good location for a second Trader Joe's.

I think there will be parking inside the Standard and if so, that would problem not line up exactly with the exterior windows, leading to a higher floor count.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 6:04 AM
TL;DR

Hmm... looks like a lot of interesting details on The Standard, I'm sure it will be attractive up-close with raw brick and concrete and steel. I don't possibly see how they arrived at that design, though. It's not bad architecture, but it feels way too sterile and corporate - not residential at all. Not sure why the developer is encouraging this.

Kinda like some of the great Brutalist office blocks:
IBM Building, Milwaukee / Harry Weese

US Embassy, London / Eero Saarinen

Also reminds me a little bit of 2100 St Charles, but without any of the complexity. Or even this.

Last edited by ardecila; Jul 9, 2015 at 6:18 AM.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 2:49 PM

Old Jefferson Shopping Center Sold

This area is in desperate need of redevelopment. Would like to see a combo of retail/office/condos. I wouldn't think Feil would buy it to sit on it.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 3:32 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Wasn't there talk of putting a grocery store in the Jung Hotel redevelopment? That would be a good location for a second Trader Joe's.

I think there will be parking inside the Standard and if so, that would problem not line up exactly with the exterior windows, leading to a higher floor count.
Were just going by the renderings which continuously showed a grocery. However, the grocer looked too big for a trader joes. But who knows!

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 3:36 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Part of the Tolmas tract in Metairie will be a Trader Joe's (free article):
http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...+into+Metairie

And I count 14 stories on the Standard
If you look closely you can see that top floor is double height and there is also a floor on the roof. Floor heights not really as important as actual height. Id guess from rederings the building will be just a bit below 200 feet.

ManhattanJack Shelves Altamura Plans For a Potential Lakeview Expansion

http://nola.eater.com/2015/7/8/89144...ntial-lakeview

American Whiskey & Oyster Hub Kenton's Lands Uptown This Fall

http://nola.eater.com/2015/7/8/89118...town-this-fall

NOLA— A new booze-delivery app Drizly launches today in partnership with Brady’s Wine Warehouse and Pearl Wines. Beer, wine and booze can be delivered to your doorstep on-demand in the following hoods: Quarter, Treme, the Garden District, Metairie, Mid-City, Gentily, Audubon, Elmwood and Gretna. [Eaterwire]

Permits:

840 Tchoupitoulas St·Attached Sign ·Ref Code: 5533NB
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:
Attached Sign

Applicant:
Peter Barr

Application Submitted

Date Filed:
7/7/2015 4:38:41 PM

Closed:
No

Description

Exterior Business Sign. - 3’x3’ custom fabricated sign - 9 total square feet - Lettering to be Push-thru acrylic 1/2” white with surface vinyl to match logo color - “TBG” and grain element to be internally illuminated by LED source inside sign. - Lettering to be raised 1/2“ off background - Internally illuminated with white LED’s - 2” bent pipes (Aluminum Schedule 40) attached to exterior of building - Anchored into building via hilti anchors with 1/4” wall plate. - 9 feet above grade -1.5” Aluminum pipe - 1-7/8”OD - Schedule 40 pipe -1/8” Mounting plate welded to ends of pipe -Returened back 8” - Hilti 3/8” diameter by 3” long expansion anchor -Total of 8 anchors - 4 each side

3110 Marigny St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Permit #15-20371-RNVN ·Ref Code: NLB7VK
Download (4)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)

Applicant:
Travis Yorek

Permit Issued

Date Filed:
7/8/2015 11:02:07 AM

Closed:
No

Description

Interior non-structural remodel of existing cox communications Sales & Service Space to expand sales area 650 sf and does not involve a change to the occupancy load, building type, or building area. NO mechanical work under this permit.

3306 Freret St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: LD6ME7
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:

Applicant:
Clifton James

Application Submitted

Date Filed:
7/8/2015 12:33:53 AM

Closed:
No

Description

Non structural conversion of a day care facility into a take out donut shop.

15311 Chef Menteur Hwy·New Construction ·Ref Code: NUXAHX
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:
New Construction

Applicant:
Lisbeth Nagrath

Application Submitted

Date Filed:
7/8/2015 1:38:22 PM

Closed:
No

Description

Sewerage and Water Board surge control building to house two (2) bladder tanks. This project will address water hammer in the water distribution system. This building is part of a larger project that consists of equipment and piping work, one (1) building on the site of the Carrollton Water Treatment Plant and another off-site building. The contractor for this project is to be determined following the public bid process.

8933 Stroelitz St·New Construction ·Ref Code: PU38SK
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:
New Construction

Applicant:
Lisbeth Nagrath

Application Submitted

Date Filed:
7/8/2015 1:41:08 PM

Closed:
No

Description

Surge control building to house two (2) bladder tanks. This project will address water hammer in the water distribution system. This building is part of a larger project that consists of equipment and piping work, one (1) building on the site of the Carrollton Water Treatment Plant and another off-site building. The contractor for this project is to be determined following the public bid process.

8800 S Claiborne Ave·New Construction ·Ref Code: 4185LS
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:
New Construction

Applicant:
Lisbeth Nagrath

Application Submitted

Date Filed:
7/8/2015 1:45:34 PM

Closed:
No

Description

VFD building (located on the site of the Carrollton Water Treatment Plant). This building is part of a larger project that consists of equipment and piping work and two (2) off-site surge control systems. The contractor for this project is to be determined following the public bid process

1117 Montegut St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: L3VUQK
Download (2)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:

Applicant:
Susan E Neely

Application Submitted

Date Filed:
7/6/2015 3:47:04 PM

Closed:
No

Description

Change to existing development plan - use is to be Bar with food service, not restaurant.

3113 Elysian Fields Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: TPH4UD
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:

Applicant:
Travis Yorek

Application Submitted

Date Filed:
7/7/2015 1:24:14 PM

Closed:
No

Description

Minor interior remodel of existing Cox Communications sales and service space to expand the sales area and does not involve a change to the occupancy load, building type, or building area.

315 Magazine St, Country Inn & Suites·HDLC COA · Permit #15-08702-HDLC ·Ref Code: ERPUQX
Download (1)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List

progress

Type:
HDLC COA

Applicant:
Frank Lauricella

Permit Issued

Date Filed:
7/7/2015 1:35:49 PM

Closed:
No

Description

Remodel Lobby Lounge into a Cocktail / Coffee Bar as per plans.

1814 Magazine St·Change of Use ·Ref Code: QN372E
Download (10) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
James C Phelps, V
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
6/29/2015 3:24:32 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Convert a vacant commercial building into a 1840 sq ft restaurant as per plans. No exterior work allowed. Electrical, hvac, plumbing, sheetrock and trim.

401 St Joseph St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: QSJAYD
Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Ivan C. Mandich Ma.Pe
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
7/6/2015 11:41:05 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Continuation of the permit 14-13108-RNVS & 14-06610-RNVS considered completed structural work and this permit application is for the finishing interior work and the partial exterior work as per drawings Phase II construction. The tenants finishing is not included in this application. The utilities completion as per drawings is included in this application.

1717 Tchoupitoulas St·Renovation (Structural)

·Ref Code: 343EX0

Download (2)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
Type:Renovation (Structural)Applicant:Terry MadersonStatus:Application SubmittedDate Filed:7/2/2015 11:04:05 AMClosed:NoDescription

Addition of 5930 sq ft to existing warehouse/storage space as per plans.

1500 Lafreniere St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: VHPJKX
Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Rodney Dionisio
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/6/2015 10:12:44 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Building renovation to include the following: Replacement of the existing elevator to meet ADA Accessibility, renovate the lobby and adjacent hallway, multipurpose room renovation, weight room renovation, install new flooring where the asbestos tile was removed, renovation of the first floor and second floor men’s and women’s rooms.

4145 Canal St, Suite A·Change of Use ·Ref Code: GBYFWF
Download (1) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Aaron Mischler
Application Review
Date Filed:
7/6/2015 3:28:54 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Convert K-9 Day Care to spa (Suite A) as per sketch, and State Fire Marshal approval. No electrical. No plumbing. No HVAC.

NOLA Brewing's Taproom Opens For Business

http://nola.eater.com/2015/7/6/89009...s-for-business

At new Mid-City distillery, plans in place to produce huge amount of new craft vodka

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...stillery-plans

Metairie's Tolmas tract development clears next hurdle

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s..._story_package

Marigny portion of Crescent City Park opens to the public

After 10 years vacant, My House seeks to reopen large Peniston Street child-care facility

http://uptownmessenger.com/2015/07/a...niston-street/

National Weather Service Recognizes New Orleans as StormReady Community

JULY 07, 2015
NEW ORLEANS – The City of New Orleans Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (NOHSEP) announced today that, through continued efforts to increase resident safety in the face of severe weather, the National Weather Service (NWS) recognized New Orleans as a StormReady® community. The city qualified after a year-long application process during which NOHSEP demonstrated its solid communication system and comprehensive, multi-hazard emergency operations plan.

In recognition of this accomplishment, New Orleans will receive an official StormReady® sign to post in the city. As an additional benefit, the city has earned points through the National Flood Insurance Program’s Community Rating System, which could reduce flood insurance premium rates for residents.

“This designation is especially meaningful as we approach the ten year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina,” said Mayor Mitch Landrieu. “It reaffirms our city’s robust culture of preparedness, high level of readiness and strong partnerships between public safety agencies. While New Orleans will never be stormproof, we have now taken the critical steps to reduce our risk.“

“The City of New Orleans has every right to be proud of this accomplishment,” said Kenneth Graham, Meteorologist in Charge for NWS New Orleans/Baton Rouge Area. “Earning a StormReady® recognition indicates that this community has made great strides to improve emergency first responder and citizen preparedness in the event of a natural disaster. We hope to see New Orleans’ improved communications infrastructure and increased level of severe weather awareness help minimize any future loss of life and recover from property damage more quickly.”

StormReady® is the NWS’s national community preparedness program that helps communities develop plans to handle all types of severe weather. Specifically, in order to become StormReady®, the community must:

Establish a 24-hour warning point and emergency operations center;
Have multiple methods to receive and disseminate severe weather warnings and information for their community;
Have various methods to monitor weather conditions locally;
Promote the importance of public readiness;
Develop a formal hazardous weather action plan, including severe weather spotter training and drills.
New Orleans joins more 2,324 other StormReady® sites across 49 states, Puerto Rico & Guam including the surrounding parishes of Plaquemines, St. Charles and Jefferson.

The StormReady® designation is good for a period of three years.

###

Domain Announces 15-Story Luxury Condo Building “The Standard” Coming to Downtown

Pretty standard information in article but was impressed to here that the Paramount is completely leased and accomplished that in under 5 months. Impressive absorption for units like that.

http://canalstreetbeat.com/domain-an...ng-to-dowtown/

Nice to see the city getting some extra money for itself.

City Accepts $45 Million Settlement Offer on Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill

JULY 09, 2015
Settlement Compensates City for Economic Damages; Funds to be Used for Various Resilience Priorities

NEW ORLEANS – Today, Mayor Mitch Landrieu announced that the City of New Orleans has accepted a $45 million settlement offer for the alleged economic damages that resulted from the April 20, 2010, Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico that devastated the region’s coastal wetlands. The settlement, which becomes final upon BP’s acceptance of the City’s signed agreement, does not include claims, rights and causes of action asserted by the Wisner Donation Trust.

“This disaster not only killed 11 people, but it also became the worst environmental disaster in American history,” said Mayor Landrieu. “Let me be clear: this disaster devastated our environment, numerous families and businesses and local economy – from our fisheries to hospitality industries. We will continue to deal with the long-term impacts of this disaster for years to come. However, this settlement is a positive step by BP to begin to repair the damage done. Moving forward, government and industry must come together to be more aggressive in not only restoring our coast, but also preventing the next oil spill wherever it may occur.”

The City will use the settlement funds for resilience initiatives, including water management and coastal and ecosystem restoration.

“This settlement is a down payment on our city’s and children’s futures,” said Mayor Landrieu. “As we look to our city’s tricentennial in 2018, New Orleans remains committed to being one of the nation’s most resilient cities by proactively preparing for and responding to any challenges that come our way – and building our great city back not as she was, but as she always should have been.”

Councilmember-At-Large Stacy Head said, “As Chair of the Council Budget Committee, I am optimistic that the settlement funds will be used to improve our failing infrastructure, particularly minor streets, while incorporating critical storm water management strategies.”

District C Councilmember Nadine Ramsey said, “As Chair of the Committee on Public Works, Sanitation, and Environment, I welcome this settlement as a commitment to rebuild the damage that has negatively impacted the City's economy.”

District D Councilmember Jarred Brossett said, “The oil spill greatly damaged both our environment and economy. I am glad that this settlement will provide funds to help us recover and prevent the next disaster in whatever form it may take.”

On April 20, 2010, BP’s Macondo Oil Well blew out and the Deepwater Horizon exploded and sank into the Gulf of Mexico. Over the next several months, millions of barrels of oil spewed from BP’s well. The magnitude of the oil discharge resulted in catastrophic losses to the environment, business and industry, the local economy, and, more importantly, to a way of life for many of the citizens of the southeast Louisiana Gulf Coast.

After the oil spill, over 57,000 square miles of Gulf waters were closed to Louisiana’s recreational and commercial fishing. Over 10.4 million feet of absorbent and containment boom were deployed in attempt to contain the oil spill. But the waters, marshes and beaches in/around the area received direct impacts from the oil’s discharge from the Macondo well. The immediate and direct impact to the southeast Louisiana community was obvious with a long-term impact being equally recognizable.

-###-

Last edited by tennis1400; Jul 9, 2015 at 9:25 PM.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 11:36 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
I bet this must be in response to the RFP for the lot next to the Piazza.
Ok assuming this rumor is true I highly doubt its the Piaza site. I searched through the sign in sheets for city meetings about the RFP and no one from Eskew was at this meeting. technically, they dont have to attend this meeting but I would highly doubt they wouldnt if they were involved in a proposal for the site. So the trump Tower parcel, the parking lot next to Le Pavilion, parking lot by the WTC parking garage, and the lot between 930 poydras and energy centre would seem to be the best options.

Given these choices we know le pavilion just sold and that trump tower site was a previous city tallest proposal. So who knows but this seems like the best options, although Piaza could still be the one, it seems less likely now.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Ok assuming this rumor is true I highly doubt its the Piaza site. I searched through the sign in sheets for city meetings about the RFP and no one from Eskew was at this meeting. technically, they dont have to attend this meeting but I would highly doubt they wouldnt if they were involved in a proposal for the site. So the trump Tower parcel, the parking lot next to Le Pavilion, parking lot by the WTC parking garage, and the lot between 930 poydras and energy centre would seem to be the best options.

Given these choices we know le pavilion just sold and that trump tower site was a previous city tallest proposal. So who knows but this seems like the best options, although Piaza could still be the one, it seems less likely now.
Anyone interesting who did sign into the Piazza meetings?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 4:05 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by polemic View Post
Anyone interesting who did sign into the Piazza meetings?
You tell me?

Construction Begins on State-of-the-Art Cobalt Medical Center in Mid-City

JULY 10, 2015
NEW ORLEANS – Today, Mayor Mitch Landrieu, New Orleans Business Alliance (NOLABA) CEO Quentin L. Messer, Jr. and executives from Cobalt Medical Development celebrated the start of construction at the site of the company’s new rehabilitation hospital in Mid-City.The $24 million project, located on a formerly vacant lot, will result in a state-of-the-art medical facility to treat traumatic brain injuries, concussions, Parkinson’s Disease and other conditions. As part of the company’s commitment to its newest location, Cobalt has focused on local businesses to carry out the building’s construction.

“The city’s economy is growing. We’re experiencing tremendous job growth, while also attracting knowledge-based businesses like Cobalt Medical Development,” said Mayor Landrieu. “Cobalt will create hundreds of new jobs for our residents and bring a previously blighted property back into commerce. We welcome Cobalt to New Orleans and to our growing biomedical corridor.”

According to Cobalt, construction has already generated approximately 160 jobs with its contractors. Once it is complete, the company expects the new hospital to employ nearly 180 people, including physicians, nurses, physical therapists and nursing assistants.

"We are excited to be under construction on this state of the art hospital and soon to be proving exceptional quality patient care to New Orleanians. We are transforming rehab, our mission is providing great outcomes, superior service and we are proud to be in this terrific City," said Erik de Vries, founder of Cobalt Medical Development.

The New Orleans Business Alliance (NOLABA) led efforts to attract Cobalt to the market by assisting with site selection, facilitating the permit process and supporting on numerous other aspects of the project. NOLABA categorizes the new facility as a perfect example of the impact that the burgeoning biomedical cluster will have on the city’s economy.

Quentin L. Messer, president and CEO of NOLABA, said, “By investing in New Orleans, Cobalt is not only taking advantage of a prime market for the company’s own expansion, but also helping to expand opportunity for New Orleanians – whether through contracts with locally owned businesses, by employing residents, or by expanding the city’s tax base. Wins for the city like Cobalt are evidence of the momentum building for a strong biomedical industry and an increasingly diverse economy for New Orleans.”

The 64,000 square-foot facility will house 60 inpatient beds and other inpatient and outpatient services, and it will feature hotel-like amenities. It is conveniently situated for referral to and from the city’s other medical facilities, including the new University Medical Center-Veterans Administration complex.

"The partnership of Cobalt Medical Development & New Orleans Business Council to develop a new medical facility brings to the city sorely needed services in the area of rehabilitative therapy," said Councilmember Nadine Ramsey. "New Orleans has suffered from a dearth of options for the treatment of traumatic brain injury in particular. Our citizens will benefit greatly from this addition."

Last edited by tennis1400; Jul 10, 2015 at 5:07 PM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 6:14 PM

[QUOTE=tennis1400;7090888]You tell me?

Charles Flocca is from the Berger Cos. So Derryl Berger may be involved?? Also an awful lot of subcontractors at the meetings which is interesting. One of the subs was MCC so it is possible that it is a Berger-Jaeger venture?? Really just pure speculation on my part.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 6:22 PM

Re: new medical facility

Seems rather suburban for the area. I was hoping someone would put the old Lindy Boggs site to use. That's a major eyesore. Does anyone know if there's something planned for that building?

There's been a big expansion in medical facilities, with the recently announced Ochsner expansion not to mention the new VA and LSU hospitals opening soon.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations