HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 2:49 PM

The estimated cost of widening Wonderland was $212 million. Do you realize how much better stuff that money could be used for?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 3:08 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Worse than NIMBYs are selfish "Not my problem/neighborhood" entitled people. Van Meerkat knows his base.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 3:45 PM

I live near Oxford/Wonderland and use Wonderland almost every day. I believe that the correct alternative to six-lane widening is BRT from Wharncliffe/Wonderland to Fanshawe Park/Wonderland. With the amount of existing and proposed development along the corridor, it could easily support it.

This will never happen though considering there is no real push to even resurrect the West BRT leg.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inimrepus View Post
The estimated cost of widening Wonderland was $212 million. Do you realize how much better stuff that money could be used for?
Sure, what alternative transit or infrastructure projects could we realistically spend the $212M on instead, to improving the west end north-south flow? There's nothing else planned in city's capital budget, or any ongoing studies to do such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Worse than NIMBYs are selfish "Not my problem/neighborhood" entitled people. Van Meerkat knows his base.
His base vote their self interest what else are they suppose to do, vote against it? Besides proof is in the pudding he's won a handful of elections and is the longest tenured councillor.

Last edited by Pimpmasterdac; Oct 26, 2022 at 5:16 PM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 5:25 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpmasterdac View Post

His base vote their self interest what else are they suppose to do, vote against it? Besides proof is in the pudding he's won a handful of elections and is the longest tenured councillor.
a lot of morally-challenged people are popular electorally. How else do you explain the success and continued popularity of that vile monster that was the previous POTUS?

Quote:
Four years ago, Ridley was targeted during the 2018 election campaign by an anonymous website accusing her of child abuse — for taking her child to an all-day budget session — and taking aim at her voting record. Court documents later linked the website to public affairs firm Blackridge Strategy that Van Meerbergen had hired for help on some elements of his campaign.
that's really a fucking cowardly, low blow.

Or maybe Van Meerkat is really Rick Astley after all.

Last edited by MolsonExport; Oct 26, 2022 at 5:40 PM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
a lot of morally-challenged people are popular electorally. How else do you explain the success and continued popularity of that vile monster that was the previous POTUS?
He's a local councillor not a national figure, comparing him to Trump is a far stretch. Bottom line he's a good advocate of the interests of his constituents, and even with the Blackridge Strategy noise they still felt he was worthy of another term as councillor given the job he's done.

If anything this election really has brought up that the 2 appointed councillors were both defeated, and council needs to have a more streamlined system to fill future vacancies.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 7:44 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I think he is really is just Rick Astley in disguise. That's my story, and I am sticking with it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy