HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted May 8, 2024, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhou View Post
It's hard to understand how discussing local opposition to the project is "off-topic". Yes, those posts provoked a larger off-topic discussion about federal politics, but my point still stands. All off-topic posts get removed, then a good swath of on-topic posts. Feels trigger happy.
The thread is titled The Amazing Brentwood, and it's about Shape's redevelopment of the mall. The comments veered off onto more general discussion about the wider station area, and the Brentwood Park residents, and although they're actually not about the project itself, they weren't removed. The comments then became even less related to the Amazing Brentwood, which is when the mods stepped in.

That all seems reasonable enough. There are threads about Burnaby development, and about the provincial legislation, both of which would seem to be appropriate places to express an opinion about residents concerns at how their neighborhood will be changed by the new zoning.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
The thread is titled The Amazing Brentwood, and it's about Shape's redevelopment of the mall. The comments veered off onto more general discussion about the wider station area, and the Brentwood Park residents, and although they're actually not about the project itself, they weren't removed. The comments then became even less related to the Amazing Brentwood, which is when the mods stepped in.

That all seems reasonable enough. There are threads about Burnaby development, and about the provincial legislation, both of which would seem to be appropriate places to express an opinion about residents concerns at how their neighborhood will be changed by the new zoning.
Is there a particular rule I'm missing that discussion of a project cannot relate to anything remotely relevant beyond the property line? That does not seem reasonable. I completely understand removing comments which have absolutely no relevance to the TAB development, but if you were to read my original comments my complaint is that the current moderation seems to trim off more than the dead rot and removes relevant comments, which seems a bit trigger happy.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 2:52 AM

Don't take it personally if your comment got deleted within the group of posts. The conversation was removed without picking and choosing.
There are a few usual suspects who start with antagonizing posts to rile up others into an irrelevant topic, hopefully they will take a hint and wisen up.
For now suspensions seem heavy handed.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 6:48 AM

Thank you for that remark, madog222, about not taking stuff personally. Me, I've been a member since about 2008, and have had a couple of stupid entries deleted, as well as being warned about my content.
I post more rarely now, but value SkyscraperPage as the source of interest that it is. It's a great resource, but if you get deleted once or twice, or get a "yellow light" warning about your content (which is rare, anyway), don't sweat too hard. Just be courteous. this is a great place to check stuff out.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 8:41 AM

Nothing is taken personally, my comments were certainly off-topic. I still maintain that moderation has been unnecessarily heavy handed.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 10:04 AM

On the bright side, at least we'll no longer be taken off course for weeks on end by the occasional troll (we know who they are/were).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion