HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 2:00 AM
Burming Hammer

looks like tons of condos being built... is there that much demand in nashville, or just speculation? i wonder how the recent u.s. housing crunch will affect this.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 2:20 AM

The single-family housing market seems to have slowed down in Nashville some but condos, townhomes, and lofts seem to still be somewhat hot. One must remember that for a while, Nashville's outer neighborhoods and suburbs have flourished while residents overlooked the core. Our urban resident population was minuscule not long ago. That's all rapidly changing now. What were seeing now is an influx of residents moving to the city's urban neighborhoods but the surrounding towns are still continuing to boom as well.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 4:04 AM

Thanks so much for the photos above as I miss being in Nashville at times. I also just got very sentimental when I saw the pics of 5th avenune north (germantown) as I lived on the street for over a year. It is good to see so much going on in BNA.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 3:58 PM

Nice to see another side of Nashville.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 8:43 PM

Great pictures, thanks! Where are all of the people? The sidewalks are empty in almost every picture...

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosdev View Post
Great pictures, thanks! Where are all of the people? The sidewalks are empty in almost every picture...
^ Most of those were taken between 2-4 p.m. on a weekday so people were probably working. However, only certain pockets of urban Nashville see significant pedestrian activity. There were actually plenty of people walking around Hillsboro Village though (mostly Vandy & Belmont students) so I'm not sure how I managed to get shots without them.

Some construction updates:

ICON (to the left, 22 floors) and Terrazzo (right, 14 floors)

Rhythm at Music Row (14 floors)

Last edited by ariesjow; Dec 12, 2007 at 2:41 AM.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 7:57 AM
Future God

Thanks for that update! I really like the way those three projects interact with the street. Now all we need to do is improve the street scape itself to make it a place where people actually want to walk. Nashville needs more planted medians in my opinion.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 2:05 PM

Great progress for Nashville, congrats. I didn't realize so many of these projects were underway. I hope development keeps on coming.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 6:04 PM

1808 West End, also called the "Beirut Hilton," is being converted into a Hutton boutique hotel.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
1808 West End, also called the "Beirut Hilton," is being converted into a Hutton boutique hotel.

It's still ugly!!! Now we have two boutique hotels across the street from each other, one being piss chartreuse and navy, the other looks like something outta D.C. circa 1977...

In the City Paper yesterday, more hints were dropped at Signature Tower converting more condos into hotel rooms to hasten the sales numbers.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 12:13 PM
B-MORE than u strive for!

projects are lookin' good, nashville!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! what's the deal with the signature tower?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
projects are lookin' good, nashville!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! what's the deal with the signature tower?
That's a good question, I don't think really anyone knows, I'm sure it is chaos behin the scenes, since the contracts are supposed to void this month if ground doesn't break!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2008, 9:43 PM

Signature Tower is being included in a downtown home tour. Here's the link for more info:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....rams=Itemnr=24

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 2:11 PM

New rendering for the Westin (or whatever brand it ends up) on Broadway...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 10:09 PM

Definetly much better. It blends new with old, and is a step up to The Pinnacle. I think the whole SoBro area could become a very modern, glass everywhere district, which is nice. I really think this will pass thru, the retards saying it'll ruin Lower Broadway have no common sense. Bringing more tourists to the front steps of the district is a huge positive.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
New rendering for the Westin (or whatever brand it ends up) on Broadway...

such a shame this Westin never came to, it would've been spectacular as a transition between historic Lower Broadway and the modern SoBro district.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 2:27 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
such a shame this Westin never came to, it would've been spectacular as a transition between historic Lower Broadway and the modern SoBro district.
Exactly where was the site for this project located? Was this gonna be one of the other hotels for the MCC? Also, any news on when an announcement would come? I know that the majority of the new projects in the Gulch are aiming toward condos/ rentals and offices and the Gulch seems like a bit of a walk for some, but where wold the other hotel be located? The parking low directly to the west of Bridgestone? Who was the developer interested in the First Baptist parking lot? Was that aimed toward a hotel of condos?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Exactly where was the site for this project located? Was this gonna be one of the other hotels for the MCC? Also, any news on when an announcement would come? I know that the majority of the new projects in the Gulch are aiming toward condos/ rentals and offices and the Gulch seems like a bit of a walk for some, but where wold the other hotel be located? The parking low directly to the west of Bridgestone? Who was the developer interested in the First Baptist parking lot? Was that aimed toward a hotel of condos?
It was supposed to be built on a city block bounded by the Shelby Pedestrian Bridge to the south, Broadway on the north fringe, where it actually met, and between 2nd and 3rd Avenues South. The main tower, set back from Broadway, would've sat atop a current surface lot and alley with the NE corner of the property being new but built to character of Lower Broadway. The building at that corner was to be demolished, which still needs to be anyways.

The other MCC hotel is proposed on a surface lot owned by the FBC of Nashville and they're looking to sell it for a decent price. That lot is between 7th and 8th Avenues South and Demonbreun and McGavock, basically the NW corner of the MCC. The lot directly behind the FBC between 7th and 6th is in talks but FBC wants a heavy price because that is their only true parking lot. This site is the rumored 40+ story Marriott or whatever brand.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2008, 7:05 PM
Closed account

When I was thinking about moving to Nashville, my friends showed me a place called Mercury View Lofts, that place is awesome!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 5:12 AM

I skimmed through this thread and didnt see anything on "Velocity" so here is the link.

Velocity.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations