HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 30, 2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmkef View Post
Not a new building development, but a new rooftop vegas-club would be a noticeable change.

https://whatnowlosangeles.com/rome-n...own-in-2022/86

This would be very cool...and an easy location to get in and out of in DTLA.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2020, 8:12 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Interesting, and not a bad location for that... for now. Once the 41-story residential tower at the World Trade Center (hopefully) goes up, I foresee some issues with noise abatement. Though for the time being, I say build it all and figure it out later.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 31, 2020, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Remember way back when people hung out in crowds like that?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2020, 10:40 PM

18-story residential tower proposed across from future Historic Broadway metro station

https://whatnowlosangeles.com/new-18...sted-for-dtla/

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Old Posted Dec 31, 2020, 11:08 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

^ The design is meh, but it's good density... 120 units in an 18-story building on a small-footprint lot; parking is also close to a 0.5:1 ratio.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2021, 12:16 AM
Los Angeles Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
^ The design is meh, but it's good density... 120 units in an 18-story building on a small-footprint lot; parking is also close to a 0.5:1 ratio.
I've never seen someone use decimals in a ratio before. lol. Wouldn't it be easier to say 1:2 ratio?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2021, 12:24 AM

That’s downtown Dallas in the distance.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2021, 7:46 PM

Do we think this will get built? Or he's just looking to get the entitlements to prove a point and then will sell it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
18-story residential tower proposed across from future Historic Broadway metro station

https://whatnowlosangeles.com/new-18...sted-for-dtla/

Old Posted Jan 2, 2021, 12:59 PM

I snapped this on New Year's eve. Can anyone as best they can, position where our four tallest projects u/c will be?

Old Posted Jan 2, 2021, 3:17 PM

Oh Ilove that last picture. Gorgeous.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2021, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
I snapped this on New Year's eve. Can anyone as best they can, position where our four tallest projects u/c will be?
Here's roughly that same angle, with everything currently U/C or Approved, displayed in white and blue, respectively (Obviously the Onni twins and the Onni tower on Olive are complete, but Google Earth hasn't been updated to display them yet).

*Edit: Just realized Olympic Tower isn't shown in this image. It is also approved.

Here's everything in general.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2021, 12:56 AM
DENNAB

pwright1, nice rendering! While it's certainly better than no projects it's kinda disappointing how little LA will change this decade (unless something better comes along). I guess you can't really see Angels Landing though which will help DT a lot. I didn't realize 1045 Olive hasn't been approved yet.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2021, 4:39 PM

I certainly don't believe everything shown in those renderings will be built, but I'd be happy if half of them were.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2021, 7:09 PM
Los Angeles Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
pwright1, nice rendering! While it's certainly better than no projects it's kinda disappointing how little LA will change this decade (unless something better comes along). I guess you can't really see Angels Landing though which will help DT a lot. I didn't realize 1045 Olive hasn't been approved yet.
I've noticed that there has been a slowdown in larger developments based on urbanize.la. I think LA's construction is in for another period of stillness.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2021, 10:07 PM

Wow that would make a nice skyline.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2021, 11:33 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by a9l8e7n View Post
I've noticed that there has been a slowdown in larger developments based on urbanize.la. I think LA's construction is in for another period of stillness.
There are several pretty large / tall proposals but we haven't heard much about them in a while. The only ones we know probably aren't happening are the two tallest.

If several 6-800 footers rise in the upcoming 5-10 years that would be huge for DTLA.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2021, 11:25 PM

DTLA 2040 should be adopted this year, perhaps there are some investors/projects just waiting for that...? Not sure if applications now are already relying on some of the zoning changes.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 12:21 AM

If LA gets 5 new 60 story buildings downtown that would be significant.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 2:31 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
While I appreciate your optimism and hope you're right you don't think that the Huizar scandal + shady inexperienced developers basically kills any chances of LA's tallest proposed projects?
Not at all. One person and a few projects attached to a scandal isn't going to stop development. Like I said, It will see the light of day. Will it be the same? probably not, it will most likely see a height reduction which seems to happen regardless, scandal or not. It might change its façade, It will for sure change hands to a diff developer and the process will start all over again. The city isn't going to hold developments hostage because of a few bad apples, the most they will do is force the developer to sell it to somebody else.

It may not be tomorrow or this year or even the next 5 years but something will get built regardless. No one is putting an electrified fence around the property with a sign saying "Huizar made us cry in 2018 so nothing shall be built here ever" lol that's just not how this works, its not how anything works. If it did, NYC, LA and Chicago wouldn't have the skylines they have now and that's just in the states, imagine these types of scandals in the rest of the world. Just like the pandemic, this isn't the first time and it wont be the last time something like this happens.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 2:41 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
Figueroa could still use a road diet, even if only a median a la Las Vegas Blvd.
I know people hate me for saying this but i'd prefer a median over the street car any day haha. I was probably the only one on here screaming no to the street car idea.

Speaking of streets and roads. I was driving back from a friends place in Hollywood, used the 101 to get back home (Long Beach) and NO ONE on here is talking about it but the the new 6th street viaduct arches are HUGE. Driving south on the 101, turning the bend the freeway arch was just WOW, this is for sure going to be a tourist attraction. AND NO ONE HAS PICTURES OF THIS THING YET???????

Please lets start 2021 off right and have some one brave downtown for a photo update, specifically the 6th street viaduct. I'd appreciate it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations