HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 2, 2013, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Wow, I didn't realize it was that hideous!
it does have street level retail on the 12th street side, and window boxes on the spring street side. looks like hell, though.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2013, 6:26 PM

I still can't believe the Midtown Alliance didn't go into a meltdown over this deck - they should have.

It's time for a new City Ordinance that these hideous behemoths HAVE to be screened. All it would take is some inexpensive trellis panels and some creeping fig.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2013, 10:46 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

My thing is this. How freaking hard is it to just fake it out to make it look like a simple brick building with fake windows. Or just cover it completely with glass to make it look like an office building. So it will just blending in. It has retail at the bottom so it'll just look like a reg building. How hard (or expensive) is it? ...It's not! Thing is, they just don't care. They're in it to make money and to have a place for the residents to park their cars. That's why the city needs to step in and say, that ain't gonna fly. sigh

Last edited by joecool; Nov 4, 2013 at 3:57 AM.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2013, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
My things is this. How freaking hard is it to just fake it out to make it look like a simple brick building with fake windows. Or just cover it completely with glass to make it look like an office building. So it will just blending end. It has retail at the bottom so it'll just look like a reg building. How hard (or expensive) is it? ...It's not! Thing is, they just don't care. They're in it to make money and to have a place for the residents to park their cars. That's why the city needs to step in and say, that ain't gonna fly. sigh
Completely agree with you and atlantaguy on this. Why must we do things on the cheap?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 7:44 PM

It looks like the Viewpoint retail upgrade is about to get underway. I can't wait for the Seventh condo to get built which will be a huge improvement over the current Starbucks location.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 11:21 PM

Alexan at Krog Street

The apartments adjacent to Krog Street Market will have 222 units and is expected to begin construction in December.

Stoveworks elevation

Krog Street elevation

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Nov 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 3:43 AM

Hilan Theatre building news

Ooooh! Headed to dinner tonight noticed the old Hilan Theatre building is getting some work done. This was where the Ben & Jerry's and a Starbucks were on North Highland (what? a starbucks closed??) and the theater part has been vacant for decades -- when the Cotton Club on Peachtree had to move, they initially wanted to go into this building but the NIMBY's managed to kill that and it ended up in the basement of the Tabernacle.

So, anyways, the whole interior of the old lobby has been ripped back to the plaster and it looks like they are working in the theater part as well. Anybody know anything?

This could be a real jewel

Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
The apartments adjacent to Krog Street Market will have 222 units and is expected to begin construction in December.

Stoveworks elevation

Krog Street elevation
Where exactly is this going? I know where the market is going to be, but is this replacing the building where Krog Bar is located? I can't see where this fits in that area.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
Where exactly is this going? I know where the market is going to be, but is this replacing the building where Krog Bar is located? I can't see where this fits in that area.
It will be built on the existing surface lot for the Stoveworks. The property runs all the way up to Edgewood Avenue (I believe a little dip at the edge of the Krog elevation is meant to depict Edgewood). You can see the location and property line in the first page of this brochure: http://krogstreetmarket.com/_assets/...m-brochure.pdf

Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 2:06 PM

Quote:
I'm guessing it's going to occupy the parking lot directly to the south of stoveworks, like this:

I'm always down for fewer surface lots!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plorenc View Post
I'm guessing it's going to occupy the parking lot directly to the south of stoveworks, like this:

I'm always down for fewer surface lots!
Yea, 100% about the surface lot, and that's where I thought it was going to go. But the rendering just doesn't look right. I know each elevation isn't the same scale, but it just doesn't look right. Obviously they know what they're doing though, but that was the source of my confusion. Also odd that they give a Stoveworks Elevation, which looks like it'd be hidden mostly by the current complex, a Krog Street Elevation, but no Edgewood Avenue Elevation. I DEMAND MORE.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Yea, 100% about the surface lot, and that's where I thought it was going to go. But the rendering just doesn't look right. I know each elevation isn't the same scale, but it just doesn't look right. Obviously they know what they're doing though, but that was the source of my confusion. Also odd that they give a Stoveworks Elevation, which looks like it'd be hidden mostly by the current complex, a Krog Street Elevation, but no Edgewood Avenue Elevation. I DEMAND MORE.

Now you've made me curious to see the Edgewood and Beltline elevations. The project site does say that the apartments will be wrapped around the parking deck so I assume that those sides of the building will be very similar to whats pictured. They probably included to Stoveworks elevation to show the parking deck and entrance. Heres the link to the Trammell Crow site.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 1:00 PM

AMLI may develop Trump site

Quote:
A site where New York real estate mogul and reality TV star Donald Trump once planned a giant condo project in Atlanta is back in play — apparently as the latest Midtown high-rise apartment.

AMLI Residential is considering whether to develop the tower at 15th and West Peachtree streets, according to people familiar with the plans.

Contractors have been pricing a project on the site that could range from 20 to 30 stories. The proposal may soon come before the Midtown Development Review committee, according to people with knowledge of the plans.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...rump-site.html

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 3:17 PM

Cornerstone Medical Center

1895 Peachtree Road NE
Another MOB is scheduled to break ground this month near Piedmont Hospital. The building will have 188,000 sf of office space and 20,000 sf of retail.

http://www.showcase.com/property/189...eorgia/9132784

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 3:38 PM
i ain't no bubba

From the link above:
Quote:
The project will have multi-level attached deck parking with easy ingress and egress from a light on Peachtree Road and Collier Road, and a patient drop off area.
The building will be at 1895 Peachtree. Peachtree Cleaners is located at 1891 and Chick-fil-A is at 1901. The rendering shows the restaurant as a tenant. I'm going out on a limb and say that the liquor store between these two businesses will probably not be a tenant in the new development. I wonder if it will include the lot where the cleaner is located as well as the long-vacant Harry's in a Hurry.

Last edited by (four 0 four); Nov 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 6:31 PM

Quote:
1895 Peachtree Road NE
Another MOB is scheduled to break ground this month near Piedmont Hospital.
Any info on the other medical building? I remember hearing something about it but can't find any articles on it.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2013, 9:58 PM

There this new application to be reviewed by the DRC next Tuesday that some might find of slight interest.

1138 Peachtree Street
New construction of 51-story tower fronting Peachtree Street containing 370 luxury residential units and approximately 39,000 SF of retail with a mix of shops, deli’s and a restaurant overlooking Peachtree.

1138 Peachtree Brochure

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Nov 9, 2013 at 10:15 PM.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2013, 10:25 PM

I wonder if this is the development that will partner with the Yoo brand, and not the 13th street apartments. At any rate, here is an image of the tower from the brochure but its not 51 stories.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2013, 1:10 AM

Hmm. It will be nice to fill in the block and have a tall building there, but I really don't like to car access from Peachtree. I would think that would really be a hinderance to creating a walkable Peachtree St. I can only imagine the difficulty for both cars and pedestrians in that area. The brochure shows a new 13th St cutting between Peachtree and Crescent. Will they be adding that? It would be so much better to have that street built and have access from there or have it only on Crescent. I just don't know if there is any room to do that. I hope they can flush that out and remove the Peachtree access to the parking garage during the permitting process

Old Posted Nov 10, 2013, 4:41 AM

Quote:

1138 Peachtree Street
New construction of 51-story tower fronting Peachtree Street containing 370 luxury residential units and approximately 39,000 SF of retail with a mix of shops, deli’s and a restaurant overlooking Peachtree.
Too cool!

I remember seeing this a while back, but the brochure looks like an updated design.

http://www.srssa.com/ontheboards3.php

Last edited by arjay57; Nov 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta