HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
I could see why it may be better to pair them up at night, but during the day, they can be solo. In any case, they should not be three hanging out together.
They are working in threes even during the day but now venturing into the "hot" zones and talking to people. Community policing model. I'd guess the police are very reluctantly doing this so doing it in 3s was part of the trade off.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:26 PM

Saw 4 cops strolling along Sussex the other day. Maybe groups of 3 have proven to be not safe enough.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzptichka View Post
Saw 4 cops strolling along Sussex the other day. Maybe groups of 3 have proven to be not safe enough.
Doubtful. Ottawa cops still largely work solo when on patrol. I can't see walking this beat as being more dangerous than a cop responding to random calls alone.

Last edited by phil235; Yesterday at 3:26 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:48 PM

I like this. I remember OPS during more foot patrols in the Market in the 2015-17 era. Not sure why it stopped, but glad it's back nonetheless. Even if I don't necessarily feel scared visiting the market it definitely does change the dynamic having a visible police presence. Reminds me of Europe where you often see heavy police presence in popular entertainment districts in cities like AMS, LON, PAR, etc.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues