HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 10, 2012, 8:08 PM

Can anybody tell what, if anything is/was going on at the Capital Pointe site?! I passed by the other night, and noticed that part of the fencing along Victoria Ave. had been removed. Has it been restored since? Are they setting up to move/reroute the utilities that are buried underground? Something else? Sorry! I haven`t been able to pass it by any more recently!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2012, 12:47 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
Can anybody tell what, if anything is/was going on at the Capital Pointe site?! I passed by the other night, and noticed that part of the fencing along Victoria Ave. had been removed. Has it been restored since? Are they setting up to move/reroute the utilities that are buried underground? Something else? Sorry! I haven`t been able to pass it by any more recently!
The plywood "fencing" has been replaces with the blue wire/metal fencing all around. If I'm going to take the optimistic view... I'll say it's because they need to be able to shift the fencing out further to begin site prep.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 2:12 PM

Just drove by today. Financed by Fortess Capital banners all over fencing. This usually is a good sign that construction is eminent.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 8:27 AM

How terrible some people are! I drove by CP site last nite around 10:30 pm and noticed the nice, blue metal fencing has been toppled over along Victoria Ave. and onto the sidewalk! I'm sure whoever maintains the fencing will sure be happy to see that in the morning! NOT!!! ... I wonder how long it's been like that?!

I'm sure the vandals responsible also did not consider the potential hazard to pedestrians using that side of Vic Ave., esp. those who are traversing west and decide to walk on the street with traffic approaching them from behind, during morning rush hour, if the fencing has not been righted by then!

Last edited by Scruff Bucket; Mar 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
How terrible some people are! I drove by CP site last nite around 10:30 pm and noticed the nice, blue metal fencing has been toppled over along Victoria Ave. and onto the sidewalk! I'm sure whoever maintains the fencing will sure be happy to see that in the morning! NOT!!! ... I wonder how long it's been like that?!

I'm sure the vandals responsible also did not consider the potential hazard to pedestrians using that side of Vic Ave., esp. those who are traversing west and decide to walk on the street with traffic approaching them from behind, during morning rush hour, if the fencing has not been righted by then!
I also noticed this morning that what I think are 3 new flag poles on the back of the new stage on the plaza have been vandalized - bent to the ground. I really think the City needs to consider video surveilance of the Plaza.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I also noticed this morning that what I think are 3 new flag poles on the back of the new stage on the plaza have been vandalized - bent to the ground. I really think the City needs to consider video surveilance of the Plaza.
its time to get tough on people like this rather than a slap on the wrist as most of them get.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
its time to get tough on people like this rather than a slap on the wrist as most of them get.
LOL!!! Not in Canada.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 6:25 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
LOL!!! Not in Canada.
Canada's a great place for a criminal isn't it!

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 7:12 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Canada's a great place for a criminal isn't it!
The federal crime bill (which US lawmakers responsible for their tough on crime approach have said doesnt work) passed the other day; so looks like you guys might get your wish.

And wind gusts were around 90 last night I think, so it's entirely possible that the wind took it down. When I walked by the other day I saw the fencing was secured to the base with cheap plastic ties... Probably not the best method.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Flagpoles at the city plaza stage were fine when i walked past tuesday - damn delinquents.

Getting tough on crime is fine until you find out it applies to your kids as well - then things get soft.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And wind gusts were around 90 last night I think, so it's entirely possible that the wind took it down. When I walked by the other day I saw the fencing was secured to the base with cheap plastic ties... Probably not the best method.
Oh! Ok! Thanks for the correction, Nathan! It started to look like a busy night for vandals! ... But, you're right, it's not the best method to fasten those segments of fencing! Good thing someone or someone's pet didn't get schmooshed, or those things didn't scatter and blow over enough into the traffic lane onto someone's car passing by at the moment!

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 12:10 AM

Yeah I drove by last night around 11:30 and it looked to me like the wind blew the fences over. Today I noticed they put some fence sections perpendicular to the existing panels to stabilize it.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 12:44 PM

Capital Pointe is now being advertised on the radio. They have a spot in which a Liza Minnelli sound-alike is singing a Broadway-style song. At the end it says to register at their website. I heard this spot yesterday and this morning on 92.1FM

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 4:47 PM

I am totally exhausted by all the spin these jerks send out. Get a f#%#$g shovel in the ground and maybe they don't have to try to con people into giving the project a look. I remain a member of the "Will Never Happen Club" with respect to this project.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 9:09 AM

I had noticed that on Monday or Tuesday a number of Saskpower trucks on the site, moving the fences and marking ground. Looking at the power poles, drinking beer, fighting and whistling at girls passing by.

Only part of this it true!!! Which part I can't say.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 12:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebubu View Post
I had noticed that on Monday or Tuesday a number of Saskpower trucks on the site, moving the fences and marking ground. Looking at the power poles, drinking beer, fighting and whistling at girls passing by.

Only part of this it true!!! Which part I can't say.
Just like the demolishion crew, they are waiting on Saskpower to move some underground lines before they can dig, I got that from a Sutton realestate agent confirming that construction is gonna start as soon as that underground work is complete. I hope she is correct!

Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Just like the demolishion crew, they are waiting on Saskpower to move some underground lines before they can dig, I got that from a Sutton realestate agent confirming that construction is gonna start as soon as that underground work is complete. I hope she is correct!
Sounds correct there was a article in the leader post that said there a main trunking line that need to be moved and they cant start digging till saskpower is finshed and since your dealing with a utility provider that can take awhille .

Last edited by macblaze; Apr 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 3:32 PM
arf

@Migs. There are many of us that are hoping it is correct.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 5:42 PM

Fence is down again

The wind toppled about 90% of the Albert St. section (again). Some poor ladies car parked in front of Bregg's had a nice blue smudge on the hood.

Just a week or so after a crew came by and straightened it all up and put down sandbags. This is really turning into a comedy of errors.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 6:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryg View Post
The wind toppled about 90% of the Albert St. section (again). Some poor ladies car parked in front of Bregg's had a nice blue smudge on the hood.

Just a week or so after a crew came by and straightened it all up and put down sandbags. This is really turning into a comedy of errors.
So now high winds are their fault? C'mon you guys get a grip and wait and see what happens

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan