HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:13 PM

Portman and Cousins definitely know how to deliver. I'd bet on their proposals getting off the ground. Selig has a proven track record as well so I feel pretty confident at least one of their projects launches. Probably 1105.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:16 PM
BANNED

Modera Reynoldstown Webcam

Link to Webcam:
https://app.oxblue.com/open/mcrtrust/allcams

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 7:38 PM

So what's the latest on OPUS? The small crane that was there seems to have only been on site for a day. Maybe related to the MOXY hotel across the street?

I can see the entire site from my roof, and nothing seems to change over there. They seemingly tore up the site without any of the usual suspects you expect on a site like this such as concrete, trucks, building materials, people, or anything else (I'm no expert but it's pretty glaring).

Like you said 3000, it's pretty sketchy and need someone to call their bluff if they are having uninformed buyers come into the sales gallery and put down payments on a project that has no real movement forward. How often does this situation like this occur in other projects and or in other cities?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL CTO View Post
So what's the latest on OPUS? The small crane that was there seems to have only been on site for a day. Maybe related to the MOXY hotel across the street?

I can see the entire site from my roof, and nothing seems to change over there. They seemingly tore up the site without any of the usual suspects you expect on a site like this such as concrete, trucks, building materials, people, or anything else (I'm no expert but it's pretty glaring).

Like you said 3000, it's pretty sketchy and need someone to call their bluff if they are having uninformed buyers come into the sales gallery and put down payments on a project that has no real movement forward. How often does this situation like this occur in other projects and or in other cities?
Is Opus the new Eviva? Condos usually have a pre-sales number they have to meet. Judging by JPX's cancellation of their Buckhead project, I'd say the market for high-end condos is sluggish at best and perhaps hard to finance. Out of all the new/ planned projects in Midtown I think this one has the LEAST chance of actually moving forward--

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 7:51 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Is Opus the new Eviva? Condos usually have a pre-sales number they have to meet. Judging by JPX's cancellation of their Buckhead project, I'd say the market for high-end condos is sluggish at best and perhaps hard to finance.
Except that the Charles and The Sutton are selling well. I think JPX’s cancellation was a mistake. I think that project would have done well.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Is Opus the new Eviva? Condos usually have a pre-sales number they have to meet. Judging by JPX's cancellation of their Buckhead project, I'd say the market for high-end condos is sluggish at best and perhaps hard to finance. Out of all the new/ planned projects in Midtown I think this one has the LEAST chance of actually moving forward--
I had a tour with my girlfriend at the sales center. The woman who gave us the 'tour' was downright rude and tried to rush us out of there. Even if I were an interested buyer, that would have turned me away fairly strongly from doing any business with them. House of cards?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Except that the Charles and The Sutton are selling well. I think JPX’s cancellation was a mistake. I think that project would have done well.
I honestly think the location was the biggest factor here that killed the Emerson project from moving forward more swiftly. The Sutton and The Charles had an advantage over JPX's Emerson project since they both are situated in the Buckhead Village area.

The only nearby retail/restaurant life near JPX's Emerson project is an outdated strip mall development to the south.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 8:22 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
I had a tour with my girlfriend at the sales center. The woman who gave us the 'tour' was downright rude and tried to rush us out of there.
As a former on-site agent from years ago, its not smart to treat any visitor to the sales center that way...you never know who can or cannot afford what you're selling. If you came squealing into the lot on your Bird looking like a couple of 15 year old hillbillies, that may have influenced her attitude.

This developer is getting grief for pushing around a lot of dirt as if the project had already started construction. Honestly, what would you be doing if it was you trying to sell 50 floors of $600,000+ condos. I would be making it look as much like something was actually happening in hopes of getting enough people to sign up to actually make something happen.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 8:25 PM

Quote:
I had a tour with my girlfriend at the sales center. The woman who gave us the 'tour' was downright rude and tried to rush us out of there. Even if I were an interested buyer, that would have turned me away fairly strongly from doing any business with them. House of cards?
She could probably sense that your weren't an interested buyer, which is a waste of her time. I doubt you're the only looky-lou she's had to deal with, which could explain why she was rude.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
As a former on-site agent from years ago, its not smart to treat any visitor to the sales center that way...you never know who can or cannot afford what you're selling. If you came squealing into the lot on your Bird looking like a couple of 15 year old hillbillies, that may have influenced her attitude.

This developer is getting grief for pushing around a lot of dirt as if the project had already started construction. Honestly, what would you be doing if it was you trying to sell 50 floors of $600,000+ condos. I would be making it look as much like something was actually happening in hopes of getting enough people to sign up to actually make something happen.
That stalling strategy only works for so long. Word will get around that all they're doing is pushing around dirt. And the lack of progress will be very obvious.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 8:45 PM

Quote:

I drove up in an M6. She knew who we were, was pretty poor service and experience overall.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 8:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I drove up in an M6. She knew who we were, was pretty poor service and experience overall.
If she is a beyouch, she doesn't belong being a public face for the development. Put feedback on their Twitter page.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
If she is a beyouch, she doesn't belong being a public face for the development. Put feedback on their Twitter page.
Maybe she knows that it's all for nothing and their wizard of oz sandbox is not fooling anyone.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
What is their Twitter page?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
What is their Twitter page?
https://twitter.com/No2OpusPlace
Here ya go!

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobguy View Post
Thank you..

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:

Seems like if they were hurting for tenants they'd be signing them up rather than chasing them off.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobguy View Post
That's hilarious. Their @ username looks like a group opposed to the development. No to Opus Place!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pica View Post
That's hilarious. Their @ username looks like a group opposed to the development. No to Opus Place!
I never noticed that, good eye

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 5:22 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Seems like if they were hurting for tenants they'd be signing them up rather than chasing them off.
A good salesperson can tell of someone's really serious about making a purchase.

Not saying the unprofessional behavior is right, but the reality is every individual handles bullshit differently (some have zero tolerance for it).

Last edited by skyscraperpage17; Aug 17, 2018 at 1:40 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations