HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 3:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caidehs View Post
Proposed a new 139,000 sq foot Cold Storage facility phase 1 up to 4 phases by (TCS) Trenton Cold Storage. located at Scoudouc Industrial park now part of Town of Shediac.

https://plan360.ca/media-planning/me...rt-23-1213.pdf
Here are the details regarding this new cold storage facility in the Scoudouc Industrial Park:

Quote:
Applicant: Chris Jay Sealand Group

Proposal:
Variance request to increase the maximum height to 21.1 meters and a variance to reduce the minimum amount of parking to 36 spaces for a new 139,000-square-foot cold storage facility.

This has the potential to be a truly massive development. The initial plan has a cold storage building with 15 loading bays, but there are plans for an additional three phases, adding another 24 loading bays, as well as more than tripling the size of the builing.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2023, 7:03 PM

Heard from the President of the PTA about Shediac Cape school. They have been told to expect some sort of announcement in the coming weeks about the new school location. They were told that the decision has been delayed due to the work being done in regards to the new prison and now that that work has been completed they will now focus on the schools that need to be built.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2023, 2:49 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Rumour is circulating that Mary Brown's may be eyeing a Shediac expansion.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2023, 4:26 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Rumour is circulating that Mary Brown's may be eyeing a Shediac expansion.
Some discussion of them taking the Golden Fry location next door to lennys but that seems like a bad idea all around.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2023, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Some discussion of them taking the Golden Fry location next door to lennys but that seems like a bad idea all around.

A good unit would be the one next to second cup. Space is somewhat already fit up for a fast food restaurant.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2023, 1:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Two six unit residential buildings are planned for the north side of Main Street, just to the east of the Parlee Beach roadway.

Planning documents are here:

https://plan360.ca/media-planning/me...rt-23-0640.pdf

Old Posted Oct 31, 2023, 1:41 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's a rumour floating around that Superstore/Shoppers Drug Mart may be planning a combo plaza for the east end of Shediac on Ohio Road, similar to the development they are currently working on in Dieppe, on Dieppe Blvd.

Nothing firm on this, but, I could definitely see this happening. The Dieppe Blvd development gives them a template to work off of, and, this end of Shediac is growing rapidly. Also, the Sobeys in Shediac is located on the other side of town.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2023, 11:51 AM

I heard the Superstore part as well. Not sure about the Shoppers, they've got a good central location at the moment. Is there a market for a second store? Then again the downtown property could be sold for a mint and then we'll see a 10 storey building.

Some more interesting Shediac tidbits; Parasol Campground (behind Napa, next to Centre Homarus Center) sold a few years ago. I'm told the campground is now closed for good. PRIME waterfront land fronting Main St.

And across the road from that, the six parcels from civics 190 to 200 (all vacant land now) have all sold within the last year. One has a sale price of $7mil?! perhaps a typo, but interesting nonetheless.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2023, 2:44 PM

Noticed this morning that the Golden Fry has a for sale sign on the property.
Here is the listing

Old Posted Nov 14, 2023, 12:00 PM

AllNewBrunswick is reporting that Co-Op sold their Shediac IGA building. Don’t have access to the subscription-based website to know the details.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2023, 9:11 PM

The Green House on Main st was recently demolished. I suspect and speculation only to be replaced by 55 units 6 stories appartment building rendering looks specific to this land. Possiblity having a Sushi restaurant on first floor commercial space. I have no idea how to attach photos if you scroll down on following page https://www.acve.ca/ look for Eleva project.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 12:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here you go:

Eleva

It will be interesting to see how the residents in Shediac respond to another six storey apartment building on Main Street.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 12:21 AM

Quote:

Here you go:

Eleva

It will be interesting to see how the residents in Shediac respond to another six storey apartment building on Main Street.
I think a big concern will be the traffic on Main Street. I was there this summer for the first time in a few years, and the traffic was pretty congested.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 12:51 AM

Quote:

Here you go:

Eleva

Interesting by the photo we clearly see underground parking and parking on 1st floor behind commercial space basically two level parking inside. Resident will have to adapt to changes there's a lot more coming.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 12:56 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caidehs View Post
Resident will have to adapt to changes there's a lot more coming.
Indeed. I have a contact who says that he is aware of several decent sized upcoming projects in Shediac which have not yet been announced, and this one (Eleva) was not one of them.

Shediac is destined to be a much larger community than many of the local residents probably want. As you say, adaptation will be necessary.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 12:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The chairman if the Anglophone East School Board was on CBC radio this morning and stated he hoped the ground would be broken for the replacement of the Shediac Cape School this spring.

I may have missed something, but I am unaware that they have actually announced the location of the new school yet. Does anyone know anything different??

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 9:43 PM

Quote:
The chairman if the Anglophone East School Board was on CBC radio this morning and stated he hoped the ground would be broken for the replacement of the Shediac Cape School this spring.

I may have missed something, but I am unaware that they have actually announced the location of the new school yet. Does anyone know anything different??
No official announcement yet. As mentioned before the location very likely be between highway 15 and camping oceanic on Ohio rd.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 4:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A contact of mine has been made aware of a rumour that AIM may have purchased land in the Scoudouc Industrial Park.

They have controversial locations off of Pleasant Street in Moncton, and on the Saint John waterfront. Coincidentally, their Saint John location had their licence to operate pulled just today.

Could this be a relocation???

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 5:30 PM

Quote:
A contact of mine has been made aware of a rumour that AIM may have purchased land in the Scoudouc Industrial Park.

They have controversial locations off of Pleasant Street in Moncton, and on the Saint John waterfront. Coincidentally, their Saint John location had their licence to operate pulled just today.

They've owned land in that industrial park since 2013.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 5:36 PM

Quote:

Is the Scoudouc Industrial Park serviced by rail?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces