HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 5:09 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic View Post
What if we're over thinking it? Instead of an out-of-state company, I feel like it could be someone right under our noses?

My guess is that Home Depot is going to announce that they're moving to the CoA. This is based on two things:
1. They've been having a hard time hiring for 1,000 tech jobs they need to fill: https://www.myajc.com/business/home-...e8rVvAYI5BBuO/
2. The potential of Amazon coming to Atlanta, which I'm sure every C-level at any Fortune 500 in Atlanta already know the decision, have put pressure on HD to move to the city to remain competitive for recruiting talent - which they're struggling to do now

I think HD fits the "shocking" announcement qualifications that Atlanta3000 has been hinting at.

Either way, I'm very pumped for Tuesday!
That would put me to sleep, next!

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 6:01 PM
BANNED

It is not a company currently in GA

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 6:05 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
It is not a company currently in GA
I didn’t think so, based on your comments. I think I have enough TP to cover this one.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 6:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
I didn’t think so, based on your comments. I think I have enough TP to cover this one.
I would have this order in case:

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 6:25 PM
BANNED

Did any watch the Pullman Yards video I posted? This project is awesome

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 6:32 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Did any watch the Pullman Yards video I posted? This project is awesome
I have to be in the right place mentally to commit to a 9 min video. But do you know when that $3 cafe project is gonna launch?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 6:32 PM
BANNED

Something else really weird is going on. 1105 West Peachtree was taken off Loopnet. It has been like this the last two days

This means the project is dead or someone has lease the whole building.

Current Loopnet Listing: http://www.loopnet.com/listing/1105-...a-ga/11327463/

Google cache Loopnet Listing from 01/23/2018:http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...firefox-b-1-ab

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 6:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
I have to be in the right place mentally to commit to a 9 min video. But do you know when that $3 cafe project is gonna launch?
Not sure, but I have people checking. So a great location to sit there this long.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 6:34 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
I would have this order in case:

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 7:35 PM

The Georgia Ave/Summerhill development looks great.

Pullman Yards... I just cannot get excited for that much surface parking even with the solar and urban garden components.

1105 is interesting news. Someone reported recently it seemed like more activity on site, so I wouldn’t think this one is dead. Selig has been reliable over the years, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. With Cousins itching to break ground, they may have locked down some tenants.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 7:40 PM

I’m hoping the mixed use by gattrell and Daniels streets (near Edgewood Ave a handful of blocks west of the beltline) starts to get some teeth. The more infill around there the better, will help support the new retail along that portion of the BL (as well as all the great existing retail nearby!), and continue the pattern of more residences moving closer to downtown. In the not so distant future we could have thousands more residences that live within a quick jaunt of downtown.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 7:43 PM

I don’t think I realized Ashley gables buckhead was under construction, yet alone almost finished. Wow.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 7:46 PM

Am I the only one that thinks that the Pullman Yards renderings look a bit chintzy? While I'm excited the site is being preserved, it looks more like the Chattanooga Choo-Choo museum than a functioning live/work/play environment.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 7:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I don’t think I realized Ashley gables buckhead was under construction, yet alone almost finished. Wow.
Summerhill has its share and you applauded the project. I am you going to need you to be consistent SA!

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
The Georgia Ave/Summerhill development looks great.

Pullman Yards... I just cannot get excited for that much surface parking even with the solar and urban garden components.

1105 is interesting news. Someone reported recently it seemed like more activity on site, so I wouldn’t think this one is dead. Selig has been reliable over the years, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. With Cousins itching to break ground, they may have locked down some tenants.
Last time I spoke with someone close to the project he said the plan was still for Selig to move into the building. I don't know how much they'll take up, but maybe the rest of the building has been leased up as well.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 7:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Am I the only one that thinks that the Pullman Yards renderings look a bit chintzy? While I'm excited the site is being preserved, it looks more like the Chattanooga Choo-Choo museum than a functioning live/work/play environment.
Pullman Yards was bought by Atomic Entertainment which includes a team of 6 movie produces and their goal is to make part of it an Entertainment District. As far as I am concerned, it sure as hell beats another damn food hall.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/4/11...llman-preserve

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
Last time I spoke with someone close to the project he said the plan was still for Selig to move into the building. I don't know how much they'll take up, but maybe the rest of the building has been leased up as well.
How many people does Selig employ? LinkedIn says 50-200, but I’ve never seen a job posting for them. They’re someone I’d actually be curious about open positions.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Pullman Yards was bought by Atomic Entertainment which includes a team of 6 movie produces and their goal is to make part of it an Entertainment District. As far as I am concerned, it sure as hell beats another damn food hall.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/4/11...llman-preserve
Any idea what’s going to be the actual use of the restored buildings?

My issue with that rendering flythrough is the construction quality looks designed by the same guy that designs Chick-fil-A’s across the southeast, the surface parking in the middle kills pedestrian interaction to the restored buildings (nobody NEEDS to park right in front of it!), and there’s a weird distance between where people live and accessing the restored buildings. I guess I’m presuming the restored buildings will have some sort of retail function that I’m expecting better interactions to be provided. The whole “integration” section was cringeworthy from an urban planning perspective.

I do enjoy the community gardens, retention pond, new water feature, creative class and senior living aspects, some retail (although those cafes and whatever else reminded me of a fast food strip mall), and how there are residences closer toward the trolley line trail and Kirkwood commercial district. The location of the project is awkward for me, although I know we cannot choose where our historic structures lie, it’s just strange we always have so much development go in on the east side of town where there’s limited access to transit. This is smack in the middle of two MARTA stations, not particularly walkable to either.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Summerhill has its share and you applauded the project. I am you going to need you to be consistent SA!
Summerhill parking is generally in the middle of the block and wrapped with buildings that engage the pedestrian experience throughout. It’s a much better design and function compared with Pullman Yards, where whichever direction you come from there’s a sea of parking in the way:

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 9:20 PM

Tuesday Announcement

Quote:
Tuesday's Announcement - No More After This

Good guesses by everyone, but I can guarantee it is not one of these companies. Again you will be shocked what has gone on behind the scenes to get to this point for something many thought was unimaginable in Atlanta or Georgia. What is being announced is in the CoA and that is all I will say before the story breaks.

Remember to follow Bisnow Reporter Jarred Schenke on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/jbschenke

First time poster, long time stalker. Any chance it's Starbucks.

BTW, 3002 Peachtree Road: Look at the cute widdle store. That's a waste of real estate... for now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations