HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 27, 2024, 11:58 PM

That presser helped my anxiety about this. Bettman dunked on our local reporters, which was great.

If the Jets do survive that long, which I will ultimately love and hope they do. That plot of land will most likely be for the extension of Railside Part 3, but I do like the location. Just not sure how parking would work for 17,000 people.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2024, 6:21 AM

Have the people on the ledge stepped back to safety yet, or are there still some in full-blown panic mode barely clinging on to life?

Last edited by Justanothermember; Feb 28, 2024 at 8:03 AM.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2024, 8:37 AM

Jets will be fine.

All of this hooplah was overblown and not helpful for the average person.

This current situation is no where near the lows of Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, QC or Winnipeg's 1.0 era lows

You have committed ownership, and they have far too much tied up with the NHL club. Look at all their developments that are directly a result of the Jets return. Revenue wise, the Jets are competetive with the bottom third. There are other franchises that no one has a maginifying glass on right now that pull in less revenue that no one is saying a thing about.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2024, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
Jets will be fine.

All of this hooplah was overblown and not helpful for the average person.

This current situation is no where near the lows of Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, QC or Winnipeg's 1.0 era lows

You have committed ownership, and they have far too much tied up with the NHL club. Look at all their developments that are directly a result of the Jets return. Revenue wise, the Jets are competetive with the bottom third. There are other franchises that no one has a maginifying glass on right now that pull in less revenue that no one is saying a thing about.
I agree. I believe this is one of those stories that gained legs to a large extent because it was taking place in Winnipeg. Small market city, lost it's team once, having some early-season attendance issues, and an ownership group that seemed to be communicating panic. If these issues were taking place in Ottawa or Edmonton, I'm sure the discussion would be more along the lines of "how will they solve it?" rather than "how soon is doomsday?".

Still, despite the "rending of garments and gnashing of teeth", I think we can look for some positive outcomes, especially if the fabled "corporate support" is seen to grow.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Feb 28, 2024, 4:02 PM

The bad part of the peak Jets demand era is TNSE learned some very negative ways of dealing with STH.

I was part of full season group since the first season and this is my first outside of that one. In the group someone else dealt with the BS TNSE threw down.

As others have said life changes and my original group no longer made sense for a few of us. Also as the Jets have open enrollment right now it was a good time to transition.

The result was me getting a quarter season (10 game) package directly from TNSE. I contact an account manager after last season and before the current season's schedule is out. For 2022/2023 they had different ticket bundles (weekend, snowbird, rivals, etc) but could not tell me which packages would be available for now current season. Despite that I still went forward with it hoping they could make it work. Then 2-3 times before they locked in my seats TNSE changed to location, at their own requests.

Initial rough start out of the way I get the list of games in my pack. I need to change a game as I will be out of town and the quarter season is allowed by the team to swap one game. I ask to trade one A tier game for a different A tier game, same day of the week. TNSE says unconditionally no. Apparently there is a list of games you can trade for but it is not available without contacting an account rep. The list is sent to me. Not surprisingly it is mostly less desirable games. I find another game I cannot attend, this time a B tier game and ask for a B tier game off the list. I am told no again. According to my TNSE account rep you can only trade games that are on their list for other games on that same list.

This leads me to pointing out how the two games are the same pricing tier, as set by TNSE, and by not including the game I am wanting to give up on their list TNSE internally has given it a higher value. I ask them to reconsider. After checking with someone higher in the organization they agree to grant me a special exception and make the ticket exchange.

That still leaves me three games I cannot attend. I find someone looking to buy tickets for the A tier game and sell them. Then I give the other two games to family.

Shortly after the season starts TNSE starts sending on promotional emails selling tickets to the same games I have for less than I am paying.

With all the headaches and how available and cheap tickets are now I find myself really questioning why I am bothering with season tickets and not just buying single game tickets on promotions or the resale market.

While my experience is unique I know others run into these same sort of issues.

--

Post season the Jets should hold a conference for season ticket sales and support teams across the league. Find out what other teams are doing that works well and what challenges they have run into. The group could share their different experiences and learn from each other.

Also TNSE should also do a similar meeting with STH reps from the Bombers, Goldeyes and Sea Bears to see what else is happening locally and what lessons there could be.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 6:33 PM

Well if the Jets played better than their opponents every game, they would probably be alone in 1st in the NHL. Unfortunately, last night in Dallas, that did not happen. Stars seemed to dominate the Jets. Hopefully a night off for the good guys.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 8:15 PM

What a game that was against the hurricanes tho. Was so close to turning it off, glad I didnt

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcsta View Post
What a game that was against the hurricanes tho. Was so close to turning it off, glad I didnt
Uggghh! I am so upset with myself! I checked to see what time the game was to start not realizing it was an early start. It was 2nd intermission and the Canes were up 3-0, so I thought, meh, forget this one. The Jets came back and won and I missed it!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2024, 4:26 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Yeah, wild game earlier today.

When the Canes were up 3-0, I didn't pay too much attention to it, and focused on something else instead.

Then when Connors scored that goal I was like "well, at least they don't get a shutout." Then Nino scored less than 90 seconds later, and then Scheifele scores a couple minutes after that.

Then Money scored, then Nino scored the empty net.

Whatever was said in the locker room in the 2nd intermission, it worked. Glad we pulled a W today.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 5:23 PM

Question for the group. What do people think about Brossoit's workload this season? the Jets have played 60 games and Brossoit has started 13 of them. Is that enough? Too much? Should Brossoit get some playoff games to keep Helle fresh? Questions, questions....

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 5:28 PM

Brossoit should be starting a few more games this month as the sched is quite busy.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
Well if the Jets played better than their opponents every game, they would probably be alone in 1st in the NHL.
elite analysis

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 6:43 PM

I'd like to see Brossoit get a lot more games for two reasons: Hellebuyk will run out of gas partway through the playoffs at this rate, and Brossoit has shown that he's more than capable of keeping the Jets in the game.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 10:42 PM

The challenge with how much to play Brossoit right now is a mix of which teams are best to place him against, how many wins does the team need to get the optimal playoff placement and how many games does Hellebuyk need to stay in optimal playing condition.

The risk is playing Hellebuyk in too many games could see him get injured.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 2:19 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
Question for the group. What do people think about Brossoit's workload this season? the Jets have played 60 games and Brossoit has started 13 of them. Is that enough? Too much? Should Brossoit get some playoff games to keep Helle fresh? Questions, questions....
The workload is fine, but he will be leaned on this month as the final stretch of 22 games will be crucial. 11 on the road, 11 at home. A busier schedule for sure, and Broissoit will definitely be playing some games.

It's fine that we will need Hellebuyck in the playoffs and he gets as much rest, but also we don't want him to be rested too much. He has a routine where he is hyper focused and gets into the zone of things.

Hellebuyck playing 3 or 4 games, then Broissoit for a game, and then back to 3 or 4 games with Hellebuyck would be your typical rotation.

Broissoit got his Stanley Cup ring, and I'm sure he would love to be a starter. Every goalie would love that. Since he got his ring, I'm sure he would be fine with being a backup and help Hellebuyck get that ring too.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 3:43 PM

My Seattle series prediction : 5-2 win tonight, then totally confusing 3-0 loss on Thursday!

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
If the Jets survive until 2045, I am certain that the city and ownership will step up, and build a new 17,500 seat arena on that vacant parcel of land, opposite the Human Rights museum.
That's pretty pessimistic about the future of the Railside development. I know it's way behind, but is it really not going to happen?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post
That's pretty pessimistic about the future of the Railside development. I know it's way behind, but is it really not going to happen?
Pretty sure they're starting work in the Spring, was something announced?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 11:56 PM

Yes they are starting in the spring, fire hydrants were installed last fall!

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 12:12 AM

Very good!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan