HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWflier View Post
Good stuff. AF should do the same.
Agreed. Air Canada’s days in YOW doesn’t look too bright. Sucks to suck.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 6:09 PM

Does anyone think LH might announce YOW-FRA for summer 2024 (i.e., May 1, 2024) ?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainView View Post
Does anyone think LH might announce YOW-FRA for summer 2024 (i.e., May 1, 2024) ?
I just read a thread on airliners.net that LH is planning to start half dozen (or returning) routes to North America for summer 24 schedule and YOW might be one of them! Announcement should be coming soon allegedly…

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 6:54 PM

Quote:
I hope LH flies to FRA and BA flies to LHR and maybe...... just maybe ITA Airways to FCO seasonally in the summer months.(on top of AF to CDG) in 2024
(In my perfect world)

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemay View Post
I hope LH flies to FRA and BA flies to LHR and maybe...... just maybe ITA Airways to FCO seasonally in the summer months.(on top of AF to CDG) in 2024
(In my perfect world)
In terms of TA, my perfect world would for sure include BA to LHR. AC's option to LHR is so sub par when it comes to connecting options in LHR. You're stuck with their airline partners.

LH to FRA would also be nice for competition but I want to keep my financial support for AC as minimal as humanly possible so I'd still use AF (even if it were slightly more expensive).

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 9:38 PM

I would love for LH to go through with FRA, if only because it could mean getting an A340 as originally planned. Looking at their fleet, the only widebody they operate that has less total pax than their A340-300 is the A330-300, but the A333 is more premium heavy at 42 J seats vs 30 in the A343. I guess most likely it would be the B789, as it has marginally more seats than the A343 but slightly less J capacity.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Yes & I think Eurowings Discover a leisurely airline (which is owned by Lufthansa Airlines Group) would operate the Ottawa YOW - Frankfurt FRA on Eurowings A330 plane , like they do during (Spring/Summer) seasons to Calgary YYC & Halifax YHZ, few times weekly in Canada currently from FRA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurowings_Discover

Last edited by Calfan12; Aug 24, 2023 at 3:13 AM.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 1:44 PM

Looks like today is the day Porter announces Florida!!!!!!

https://www.flyporter.com/en-ca/abou...er-and-embraer

They also updated their future map. Interesting that Nashville has been taken off of it.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 1:50 PM

Excited for the FLL route! Been looking for options for this upcoming Christmas/Winter and there is only 2 direct flights from YOW (1x Flair, so high risk) and 1x Air Canada. Prices are also ridiculously high at the moment, hoping the addition of Porter brings more options and better prices.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
Excited for the FLL route! Been looking for options for this upcoming Christmas/Winter and there is only 2 direct flights from YOW (1x Flair, so high risk) and 1x Air Canada. Prices are also ridiculously high at the moment, hoping the addition of Porter brings more options and better prices.
I thought Flair was 4x weekly.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 3:05 PM

Quote:
UPDATED: Not sure if error fares but right now I can book direct round-trip YOW-FLL during XMAS time for $350-$450 on their Standard Economy fares (which includes carry-on). Insane as XMAS pricing for direct AC were $1,000-$1,200.

Are these routes, schedules confirmed now and available to book or am I setting myself up for disappointment (and they are likely to cancel my reservation)?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofYOW View Post
Looks like today is the day Porter announces Florida!!!!!!

https://www.flyporter.com/en-ca/abou...er-and-embraer

They also updated their future map. Interesting that Nashville has been taken off of it.
I find it odd that the launch of YOW-YEG isn't on their list.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
I find it odd that the launch of YOW-YEG isn't on their list.
I think that’s just a mistake. If you look at the route map, YEG-YOW is still there.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 3:21 PM
Melissa: fabulous.

I’m seeing daily to FLL using a bit of searching around on PD’s web site. Didn’t check MCO.

Well played Porter.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 3:31 PM
Melissa: fabulous.

Quote:
UPDATED: Not sure if error fares but right now I can book direct round-trip YOW-FLL during XMAS time for $350-$450 on their Standard Economy fares (which includes carry-on). Insane as XMAS pricing for direct AC were $1,000-$1,200.

Are these routes, schedules confirmed now and available to book or am I setting myself up for disappointment (and they are likely to cancel my reservation)?
They may or may not be promo fares but with what seems to be daily service I’d have confidence booking. Doing our March break to FLL right now actually.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWflier View Post
I’m seeing daily to FLL using a bit of searching around on PD’s web site. Didn’t check MCO.

Well played Porter.
Can't seem to enter YOW -> MCO on their site (yet). Not on Google Flights yet either (both MCO and FLL)

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanR27 View Post
Can't seem to enter YOW -> MCO on their site (yet). Not on Google Flights yet either (both MCO and FLL)
MCO looks like it’s daily as well. You can now book it on PD’s site.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 4:36 PM

Interesting timings on both routes. I guess the rotation is YYZ-FLL/MCO-YOW and YOW-FLL/MCO-YYZ but not the same plane doing YOW to Florida and back.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 5:17 PM

Here's a news release on the service, all the Florida routes from YYZ/YOW are daily.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...837715269.html

Based on the schedule, looks like the frame doing outbound YOW-MCO/FLL flight will remain overnight in Florida and then turn back to YYZ the next morning.

The press release doesn't mention whether these are seasonal or not, but at this point (at least for YOW-MCO) they are only loaded until the end of April.

Quote from Laroche:

Quote:
"Fort Lauderdale and Orlando are popular Florida destinations for Ottawa-Gatineau passengers. Whether you're snowbirds escaping the winter, or a family heading to one of Florida's many attractions like Magic Kingdom, Porter's new non-stop service will make getting to the sun and sand more comfortable this winter."

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanR27 View Post
Here's a news release on the service, all the Florida routes from YYZ/YOW are daily.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...837715269.html

Based on the schedule, looks like the frame doing outbound YOW-MCO/FLL flight will remain overnight in Florida and then turn back to YYZ the next morning.

The press release doesn't mention whether these are seasonal or not, but at this point (at least for YOW-MCO) they are only loaded until the end of April.

Quote from Laroche:
Yup. It looks to me like (for MCO at least) in a given day, the frame will fly:
MCO->YYZ
YYZ->MCO
MCO->YOW
YOW->MCO
(On Nov. 21 it starts with the second flight to get the frame to MCO)

Edit: I messed up and it looks like the last flight will be on a different frame.

Last edited by roger1818; Aug 24, 2023 at 6:27 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation