HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 29, 2023, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eapiwo View Post
when there's a tower crane building Opus, the Bautista is getting started, the hotel on north Grenada is getting conv
anybody have any pics of the skyline with crane by chance???

Old Posted Jul 29, 2023, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71 View Post
Maybe Bud was talking about that proposed senior tower by HSL that's supposed to be built between the Hotel Arizona and the The Flin. I think where the old conference room building was torn down? Sure is a skinny lot though.
I was thinking that too, but I believe HSL was looking for a more luxury price range from the original proposal. The lot is skinny, it'd be an impressive fit if/when it's complete. I'm not sure what's going on at the hotel at that site but it's deep in the midst of some interior renovation from what it looks like on the street. I think as Ted suggested, it may be the Westerner site but when proposals are that old I'm skeptical that they will ever be built.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2023, 11:00 PM

https://twitter.com/JLPhoto12/status...327286272?s=20
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
anybody have any pics of the skyline with crane by chance???
Here's a great one taken last night by twitter user @JLPhoto12

Old Posted Jul 30, 2023, 2:51 PM

I've learned not to expect anything from proposals in Tucson. I only believe what I see actually under construction or completed.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2023, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Here's a great one taken last night by twitter user @JLPhoto12
Awesome shot! Can't see too much of the crane/skyline but the lightning bolt is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Old Posted Jul 30, 2023, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
Awesome shot! Can't see too much of the crane/skyline but the lightning bolt is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Here's a link to the webcam in the tower at Trinity Church on 4th Avenue. You can see downtown and the crane at Opus.

Live Stream Tucson Downtown and 4th Avenue North

Old Posted Jul 30, 2023, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheBurbs View Post
Here's a link to the webcam in the tower at Trinity Church on 4th Avenue. You can see downtown and the crane at Opus.

Live Stream Tucson Downtown and 4th Avenue North
thanks appreciate the link!

Old Posted Aug 3, 2023, 3:06 PM

went to ermanos monday and took a quick snap

Old Posted Aug 3, 2023, 11:59 PM

Well, Bud Foster of KOLD said the developer of 75 E Broadway would announce the new plans, but nothing has happened yet. I tried reaching out to Foster to see if he could divulge who the developer is or updates...but of course no response. I really wonder if its the same developers as before. Has anyone heard anything?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2023, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Well, Bud Foster of KOLD said the developer of 75 E Broadway would announce the new plans, but nothing has happened yet. I tried reaching out to Foster to see if he could divulge who the developer is or updates...but of course no response. I really wonder if its the same developers as before. Has anyone heard anything?
I can share with complete confidence that a proposed developer has been selected, but the details of the deal/agreement was still being ironed out as recently as this week. An announcement will be made soon, but Bud Foster was waaaaay too ambitious on his timeline.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2023, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtucsonboy77 View Post
I can share with complete confidence that a proposed developer has been selected, but the details of the deal/agreement was still being ironed out as recently as this week. An announcement will be made soon, but Bud Foster was waaaaay too ambitious on his timeline.
It's so funny how secretive everyone's being about a silly 13 story building.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2023, 12:15 AM

Quote:
It's so funny how secretive everyone's being about a silly 13 story building.
Watch it be the world's most underwhelming design too. Something that's 20 years outdated that and offers no architectural value to the city.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but the last few proposals for this site have been really fugly..

Old Posted Aug 11, 2023, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Watch it be the world's most underwhelming design too. Something that's 20 years outdated that and offers no architectural value to the city.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but the last few proposals for this site have been really fugly..
I really suspect its one of the former developers and the design will look basically the same as their 12-13 story version of the building. Peach Prop STILL has the project on their website and its 12-13 stories. I would think it'd be off their website if they had nothing to do with it anymore. I truly hope I'm wrong.
https://peachprops.com/project/75-broadway/

Old Posted Aug 11, 2023, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I really suspect its one of the former developers and the design will look basically the same as their 12-13 story version of the building. Peach Prop STILL has the project on their website and its 12-13 stories. I would think it'd be off their website if they had nothing to do with it anymore. I truly hope I'm wrong.
https://peachprops.com/project/75-broadway/
I think that has been on their site even after it was "re-upsized" to 19 or 20 stories a few years ago. But it wouldn't surprise me if it gets resurrected.

I'm bracing for a 7-story building on top of a 6-story parking garage.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2023, 2:51 PM

Bass Pro Shops to Build Store at The Bridges

Per today's Star, Bass Pro Shops plans to build a 100,000-square-foot Outdoor World store at The Bridges. No info was provided on groundbreaking or opening.

This will be the third one in Arizona, after Mesa and Glendale.

https://tucson.com/news/local/busine...home-top-story

Old Posted Oct 4, 2023, 12:16 AM

La Frontera Arizona is proposing a 7 story apartment building (85 units) for low income elderly people in Downtown Tucson located at 20 E Ochoa St.

https://tucsonaz.hylandcloud.com/221...op/docpop.aspx

Old Posted Oct 8, 2023, 1:59 AM

https://tucson.com/news/local/subscr...31c8fb734.html

Student housing developer, neighbors collaborate to preserve historic Tucson homes
Arizona Daily Star
Gabriela Rico Oct 6, 2023

Quote:
In a unique deal between developers and neighbors, historic Tucson homes will be relocated, neighbors will get upgraded infrastructure and workforce housing will be built at the site of a proposed student housing complex near the University of Arizona.

Negotiations for the project, on the southeast corner of Speedway and Euclid Ave., lasted five years with much back-and-forth and compromise from neighbors, developers and the city.

Several other renderings in the article. Glad this is finally nearing the finish line.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2023, 10:34 PM

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/big-room-equals-big-results

From conception to finish: probably around 5 years - maybe, more. $320 million for this one. This is one of the newer buildings on the UofA Tucson medical school campus. When you are talking about public institutions (UofA ...ASU...) and lobbying for public (TAXPAYERS) funding...nothing can just happen at a click of a finger - over night. Start by lobbying...getting the powers to be to support idea...planning...getting approval...secure funding...budgets...design concept approval...construction (this building took three years to build)...then, moving in.

I don't like the look of this building. It doesn't go with the traditional UofA Public Ivy look - that goes throughout the whole university. Red brick and some copper - we are the Copper State. I like the natural stone and glass in this building. Do not like the flat, dull grey on the building surface. It looks too contemporary...and cheap looking.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2023, 12:45 AM
Skyriser

^ Moved from the UofA/Downtown Phoenix/bioscience stuff thread.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2023, 11:49 PM

Rio Nuevo Announces Winning Proposal to Develop 75 East Broadway

The Rio Nuevo District released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) proposal in May of 2023 for the former parking lot across from Tucson Electric Power, located at 75 East Broadway.

On July 21, 2023, the selected RFQ awardee was determined to be Obie Companies of Eugene, Oregon. Obie Companies develops and manages very special properties, including boutique hotels, mixed-use retail, multifamily and co-working spaces in the Pacific Northwest. Their award-winning designs are recognized for reflecting the unique environment and context of the surrounding area.

This new project is anticipated to include retail, food and beverage, parking, residences and a boutique hotel.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest