HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 8, 2024, 7:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Construction hoarding is now up at CF Champlain at the former Boathouse location, apparently for an expansion of Sport Chek. Work on the new Boathouse location down the hallway is ongoing.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 3:39 PM

Has anyone noticed that Taco Bell has been removed from the Paul Street Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant? The name is off the sign. The drive-thru remains open while the interior is being renovated. Staffer said Taco Bell has “moved”, but had no idea where it is going.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 3:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1 View Post
Has anyone noticed that Taco Bell has been removed from the Paul Street Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant? The name is off the sign. The drive-thru remains open while the interior is being renovated. Staffer said Taco Bell has “moved”, but had no idea where it is going.
Very interesting. They just opened a standalone Taco Bell in Saint John, but I have heard nothing similar for here. We will have to keep an eye on this one.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 5:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1 View Post
Apparently Taco Bell no longer lists a location in metro Moncton. They appear to be gone (for the time being). The partnership between Taco Bell and KFC may have ended. I wonder if we will see a standalone Taco Bell location in metro Moncton in the near future? As I mentioned above, they just recently opened one in Saint John. I could definitely see it happening.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 5:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Your question has generated chatter over on Retail Talk & Share too (there is a lot of crossover between the two sites). Apparently the store manager has responded and confirmed that Taco Bell plans on opening a standalone store in metro Moncton in the future. The question is where and when.........

Old Posted Feb 11, 2024, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Your question has generated chatter over on Retail Talk & Share too (there is a lot of crossover between the two sites). Apparently the store manager has responded and confirmed that Taco Bell plans on opening a standalone store in metro Moncton in the future. The question is where and when.........
What about where Pizza Hut used to be? KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are all owned by Yum Brands. I wonder if the company owns that lot, it never changed hands after the building was torn down, so who ever owned it still does. This would be an excellent location, that stretch of Mountain Road has all the major fast food chains in the city.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2024, 4:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
What about where Pizza Hut used to be? KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are all owned by Yum Brands. I wonder if the company owns that lot, it never changed hands after the building was torn down, so who ever owned it still does. This would be an excellent location, that stretch of Mountain Road has all the major fast food chains in the city.
This is a very good thought for all the reasons you mentioned.

Apparently the store manager stated that the replacement store would be in "Moncton" (ie-not Dieppe), so, the Mountain Road strip would be a prime candidate.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2024, 4:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Villa Madina in the CF Champlain food court will apparently be open by the end of the month. The delay had to do with a piece of equipment on back order.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2024, 7:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The new ownership of Wheeler Park may be paying dividends.

We are hearing of two new retailers potentially coming this year.

Laura may be making their return to the city at Wheeler Park. They said when they decamped CF Champlain that they were going to return.

The second rumoured store is Melanie Lyne. They are another woman’s fashion chain. They have an existing location in Halifax.

Wheeler Park will soon be nearing 100% occupancy.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2024, 9:27 PM

Quote:

Laura may be making their return to the city at Wheeler Park. They said when they decamped CF Champlain that they were going to return.

The second rumoured store is Melanie Lyne. They are another woman’s fashion chain. They have an existing location in Halifax.

Also of note is these two are sister-brands, owned by the same company. Would make sense why both may be going there.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2024, 5:09 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sounds like Body Shop may be in very serious trouble.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/the...tion-1.7112422

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 1:35 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hop, Skip, Jump will reopen at Wheeler Park this Friday after extensive renovation and equipment replacement.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 2:32 AM

Quote:

Henry Zavriyev, the owner of Leyad stated in October when he acquired Wheeler Park - quote:

"While there are currently no plans for residential projects on the site, we're not closing any doors and remain receptive to diverse opportunities."

They currently have over 1500 residential units. It would be nice addition to Wheeler Park if they could find a way to create a residential component to the site. I'd be surprised if they go in that direction though.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2024, 5:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

excellent!

Judging from their menu, they should be wildly successful

https://meltwich.com/menu/
It appears construction has started on this new restaurant in the Petitcodiac Plaza across from CF Champlain on Champlain Street.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2024, 11:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I was at the mall today, and peered through the gap between the doors on the hoarding surrounding lululemon. It looks like interior fit up for their new location is virtually complete.

Since Shoppers Drug Mart’s last day is March 15th, I predict lululemon will already have moved from their current location by that point, allowing for the rapid erection of hoarding encasing both store fronts, and the beginning of renovations for Aritzia. I therefore predict a summer opening for Aritzia.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2024, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I was at the mall today, and peered through the gap between the doors on the hoarding surrounding lululemon. It looks like interior fit up for their new location is virtually complete.

Since Shoppers Drug Mart’s last day is March 15th, I predict lululemon will already have moved by that point, allowing for the rapid erection of hoarding encasing both store fronts, and the beginning of renovations for Aritzia. I therefore predict a summer opening for Aritzia.
And hopefully some day a big renovation for a new Simons store when Sobeys moves out!! Especially with the new store in Halifax. Seems that it would make sense logistically.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2024, 1:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A building permit has been issued for the vacant CRU between Marks Work Wearhouse and the Cineplex at Wheeler Park, apparently for a relocation of the Hallmark store (a downsizing).

It is reasonable to suspect this move has been provoked by the news that both Laura and Melanie Lyne will be coming to Wheeler Park this year. These are associated stores, so it would make sense that they would want to co-locate the stores as close to one another as possible.

The entire plaza of Wheeler Park south of the Cineplex will now be at 100% occupancy. Very promising!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 2:02 PM

JALT Beverage Co has bought Flying Boats Brewing. I believe the owners of JALT is part of the same group that bought pumphouse in 2020, but the struture of the company is a little hard for me to figure out.

Flying Boats was one of the first craft breweries in the GMA before the recent explosion (Cavok, T&B, Happy, Tire Shack, OCreek, holy whale etc). I hope this doesn't hurt their quality.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2024, 2:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

lululemon will open their new relocated store in the former Victoria's Secret at CF Champlain next Wednesday. Sunday will be their last day of operation at their current location.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 6:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Granite Centre has just posted this on Facebook:

Quote:
The countdown is on for the completion of Plaza #6 in the coming weeks. 🔥 And guess what? We've got some awesome new tenants joining the party! 🎉 Keep those eyes peeled for more updates coming your way!
Hopefully there will be some interesting tenants rather than just an assortment of more fast food options. I'm still thinking this is where Dollar Tree will land, but, only time will tell.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces