HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locofresh55 View Post
This building looks bland. Considering it is right on 4th Ave, I would have liked some more color at least a different color trim. Nice to see height right at the entrance to 4th ave but dang this is so bland. I look at other buildings like Union on 6th and District on 5th and they have some color to stand out and then you look at the shops and see vibrant and uniqueness that makes 4th ave popular, that is what draws people to that area (that and the crazy drugged out folks wandering the streets).

I hope at the least, the retail area will be fixed up some because as of now, this looks nothing special.

NOTE - I understand this is a rendering and it could change, but this is a primo spot so IMO this shouldn't be some underwhelming.
I'm just happy the project is back on after its long delay. And I'm happy it's still 13 stories. It could have just been a 5-7 story structure like all the other ones. I will agree...new structures are lacking design appeal but that seems be the trend everywhere. Unimaginative buildings.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71 View Post
I'm just happy the project is back on after its long delay. And I'm happy it's still 13 stories.
Has anyone heard about the actual height? Will this likely be the fourth tallest building downtown? And yes, I'm considering this downtown - a block away is close enough. Let's take the win

At least at 13 stories it will add some balance on the east end to the rest bunched up on Stone/Church.

Now if they could just get something substantial going at 75 East.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 10:46 PM

Their other projects look just as bland but it looks like there's going to be a mural on the building south facing, so there's that.

It says it will be completed in June 2024 which should be in conjunction with the completion of the Aviation extension road project.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 12:06 PM
Todo para la familia

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
Their other projects look just as bland but it looks like there's going to be a mural on the building south facing, so there's that.

It says it will be completed in June 2024 which should be in conjunction with the completion of the Aviation extension road project.

I hope the mural is vibrant and colorful. Tucson has some outstanding murals and again, this is the mural that will welcome visitors coming from downtown into 4th Ave so it needs to standout for sure. Maybe the renderings don't do the building justice and it will be great once built. My main thing is that 4th Ave is so unique and part of the uniqueness would be the various colored buildings. Fingers crossed this building will compliment the area.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheBurbs View Post
Has anyone heard about the actual height? Will this likely be the fourth tallest building downtown? And yes, I'm considering this downtown - a block away is close enough. Let's take the win

At least at 13 stories it will add some balance on the east end to the rest bunched up on Stone/Church.

Now if they could just get something substantial going at 75 East.
No. Not even close. Its estimated to be between 110-160 ft max. (Maybe dependent on A/C units on the top?) But it should be roughly the same size as the Sol by UofA and all those other student housing buildings. So that would put it in the 10th largest area. This really isn't that big. Its considered a mid-rise building. I think it will largely go unnoticed as a skyline feature...just like most of the government bldgs do downtown. Even the new TEP bldg downtown is a fairly tall mid-rise...but it really has no effect IMO.

Last edited by AZ71; Sep 7, 2022 at 6:38 PM.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 10:53 PM

Update on the Marriott hotel going into One South Church from tucson.com.

The Leo Kent (named after the developer's grandfather) will have 145 rooms on the first 9 floors, and include the St. Cruz, a restaurant/bar/lounge. It will be part of Marriott's Tribute brand.

Per Marriott, it will open in January:
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...rtfolio-hotel/

Old Posted Sep 9, 2022, 5:07 PM

Hey all.

Checking in from Illinois. Hoping everyone is doing well. Ran into this online. I know it's not Tucson specific but ultimately will have an effect on Tucson. ADOT has a new webpage about Drafts for the Environmental Assessment and Design Concept Report for the widening of I-10 from Loop-202 in Phoenix down to north of Casa Grande. They're accepting comments through 10/9/22. I'm sure we've all traveled that stretch of highway numerous times and know how badly it needs upgrading. Looks like they're moving in that direction.

http://www.i10wildhorsepasscorridor.com/

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 2:06 AM

Shamrock Foods has bought 81 acres at The Crossroads at Gladden in Marana for a distribution center.

The article also mentions that there are plans for retail, restaurants, and lodging at the corner of Tangerine and Clark Fams.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/s...bution-center/

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Hey all.

Checking in from Illinois. Hoping everyone is doing well. Ran into this online. I know it's not Tucson specific but ultimately will have an effect on Tucson. ADOT has a new webpage about Drafts for the Environmental Assessment and Design Concept Report for the widening of I-10 from Loop-202 in Phoenix down to north of Casa Grande. They're accepting comments through 10/9/22. I'm sure we've all traveled that stretch of highway numerous times and know how badly it needs upgrading. Looks like they're moving in that direction.

http://www.i10wildhorsepasscorridor.com/
Its already under construction between Downtown Phoenix and Wild Horse Pass!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 7:13 PM

Cities push to convert deserted office buildings into housing

I think this is something we (Tucson) should be looking it. 75 E Broadway should have been residential above the street level retail.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyabe View Post
Cities push to convert deserted office buildings into housing

I think this is something we (Tucson) should be looking it. 75 E Broadway should have been residential above the street level retail.
100% agree. The reason the deal fell through was because the financers back east pulled out right during covid because the Grade-A office space wasn't in demand anymore. I asked the developers why cant the property be converted into a mixed use retail over hotel/residential instead. They gave the excuse of permits and how its zoned. But now its done. The plot is back on the market through Pima County...and I'm not aware of any division of RN or the city trying to lure anything like that here.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 8:59 PM

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 9:08 PM

ICYMI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr5Wg30MqiU

Progress video of Downtown links. This includes a completed overpass on 6th ave. What’s left is the underpass at the railroad crossing at Stone and 6th st. where a deck plaza will be built as well.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 11:28 PM

Crane is up at Opus on 4th and the rebar is in place for the first floor columns. It’s weird to see massing that close to the street on that block since the Maloney’s building was set so far back. Lots of changes in that immediate area with that, the Corbett redevelopment, and the project at 6th and 6th coming online.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2022, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Crane is up at Opus on 4th and the rebar is in place for the first floor columns. It’s weird to see massing that close to the street on that block since the Maloney’s building was set so far back. Lots of changes in that immediate area with that, the Corbett redevelopment, and the project at 6th and 6th coming online.
What's going in at 6th and 6th? I haven't heard any news of a project there

Old Posted Oct 4, 2022, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post
What's going in at 6th and 6th? I haven't heard any news of a project there
Is this the project - Corner 66?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/501-...n-AZ/25779718/

Old Posted Oct 4, 2022, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheBurbs View Post
Yes. The orange wing-shaped structure on the right is already in place.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 12:13 AM

RN meeting 10/25/22

- Fox theater :
Wants to expand into the former Bruegger's Bagel calling it the "Around the Corner Expansion". Saying they can and will make this project a reality. RN currently owns the theater but wants to return it to the trustees. The concept visuals are really eye popping for me. $21M Reno cost.

-Empire Pizza Expansion:

New total sq ft would be 4,399 ft. Total reno is $1M.

-Crescent Smoke Shop

RN will take over the lease and hopes to attract a tenet.

-Indian Trading Post

Owner wants to sell to RN and RN could solicit a partner to renovate it. However, RN wants to evaluate the building structure first for costs (if I understand that correctly.)

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 11:03 PM

17-floor mixed use development proposed for the northern part of the former Nor-Gen lot. Developer is out of the Chicago area and looks legit. In front of the DRB on the 18th.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 11:47 PM
Skyriser

Chicago developers like to build, I've noticed.

And that is one sweet looking tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest