HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 7:54 PM

Ha...I ain't PG and some of my favorite fantasies involve trailer parks!

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 8:01 PM

From the other angel:

And another render of 1125

DRC Notes:
Quote:
Midtown Union
The first was a follow-up presentation on JLL’s mixed-use development, Midtown Union. This project is located on a 3.8 acre site at 17th and Spring Street and includes approximately 604,960 SF of office use, a 255-key hotel, 354 residential units and 99,453 SF of retail use (including grocer and food hall). The podium parking deck contains approximately 1,782 spaces and supports on-site uses including public parking for retail users. A part from the bold design of the office tower, the signature feature of the project is a new street extension of Arts Center Way which provides the focal point for activity emanating from the retail and restaurant experience on the ground floors. The DRC has been generally supportive of the project, recognizing the significant impact it will have on the character of the district around the Woodruff Arts Center. However, at the April meeting, the committee requested more detail about the street level experience and the façade treatments. The design team from Cooper Carry provided additional information related to enhancements on the elevation that faces 17th Street, but conceded that specifics about the parking deck façades and retail façade treatments are still being refined as future tenants are identified. Thus, the committee recommended support for the site plan and related variations but withheld full support until additional information could be provided about the architecture.

1125 Peachtree
Selig debuted their latest offering at 12th & Midtown in the form of a sleek mixed-use project designed by Rule Joy Trammel + Rubio. The development occupies a full block on Peachtree Street between 12th and 13th Street and contains approximately 6,000 SF of retail at street level, 56 residential condo units, 253 key luxury hotel, 9 story office tower, and structured parking for approximately 563 cars. The office, hotel, and residential components stack vertically on top of each other, stepping back as uses change to allow for amenity spaces. There are three proposed vehicle access points to the site, one on 12th Street and two on Juniper, that tie into various levels of the parking deck. Loading docks are located off of 13th Street. Overall, the elegant design of the tower and refined street level façade on Peachtree delivers a sophisticated project with a unique sense of arrival. However, the project has several challenges to overcome on the Juniper frontage related to vehicular access and active use. The committee requested additional work at each corner on Juniper to explore the opportunity for usable space that would both enhance the value of the project and maximize synergies with surrounding uses along this active corridor.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 8:23 PM

Seriously - if all this happens it will engender a paradigm shift in upper midtown.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
Seriously - if all this happens it will engender a paradigm shift in upper midtown.
It's already started.

Midtown art walk, opus, arts center redev, MetLife, Whole Foods/icon, NE Beltline, alliance theatre, colony sq, campanile, too many to list!

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 9:13 PM

The past couple of weeks since the Cousins proposal has been probably the most exciting time in the past few years. Just one blockbuster proposal after another.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 9:43 PM

While both look to be great proposals (hellooooo grocery at MetLife!), a few items rub me the wrong way:

1) MetLife's glass bubble and screened parking deck... is hulking. Amazon has their spheres in Seattle and in Atlanta we will have the MetLife parking deck if this comes to fruition Very curious as to the hotel and residential portions of this project! With that many keys and units, it appears would be pretty massive. Overall I enjoy the proposal. It's like a short squatty version of Vista tower (3 towers, actually) under construction in chicago at the moment:

2) What the hell is up with that 3 story white building for 1125 Peachtree, 56 units now (instead of nearly 70 initially announced), and only 6,000 sq ft of retail? I would have enjoyed this project more if the lower/office portion was the entirety of the block. I cannot determine which side of the block that white box will be on or what its function will be.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
2) What the hell is up with that 3 story white building for 1125 Peachtree, 56 units now (instead of nearly 70 initially announced), and only 6,000 sq ft of retail? I would have enjoyed this project more if the lower/office portion was the entirety of the block. I cannot determine which side of the block that white box will be on or what its function will be.
Kind of looks like Yet Another Apple Store™ proposal, but with a balcony.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 10:32 PM

That MetLife proposal. Wow.

I'll hold off on a Code Brown until we get the official Amazon announcement.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 11:09 PM

Cool-looking proposal. Like the Cousins rendering posted, reminiscent of the NCR HQ.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 11:20 PM

Courtesy of 100_percent_diesel from reddit:

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
While both look to be great proposals (hellooooo grocery at MetLife!), a few items rub me the wrong way:

according rjtr design, the view you're looking at is from the southwest corner of the lot, looking northeast. the 3 story white box is on the south border of the building (12th street facing STK). i assume the 3 story building is for the two restaurant spaces (the developer stated they will both have outdoor terrace dining, which matches the rendering).

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 11:25 PM

1125, 1105, Cousins @ 8th street, MetLife, & Opus... even a handful of these would make a great addition to the skyline and walkability of midtown

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 11:54 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

I keep saying, over and over. Bullish on midtown, always have been, and continue to be. I’ve had this gut feeling for a long time. Can someone please wake Dewberry up and tell him it’s time to start planning for that corner of 10th & Ptree!

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 12:04 AM

Midtown needs rooftop deck with restaurant .

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 12:13 AM
Topher’s 2 cents

That starburst on the 1125 rendering is everything.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 12:22 AM

195 13th

North+Line

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
I keep saying, over and over. Bullish on midtown, always have been, and continue to be. I’ve had this gut feeling for a long time. Can someone please wake Dewberry up and tell him it’s time to start planning for that corner of 10th & Ptree!
Every day he waits, he grows richer.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 3:55 AM

That's the thing about holding dirt. But I wonder about his property tax.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 4:45 AM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Every day he waits, he grows richer.
I’m not convinced. That piece of land is not priceless, it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Last edited by BlueSangha; May 10, 2018 at 5:54 AM.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelra View Post
Midtown needs rooftop deck with restaurant .
I agree, the lack of a rooftop restaurant bar in Midtown is stunning, especially on the doorstep of Piedmont Park

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations