HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 10, 2016, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
Some of the crosswalks in the city are marked with zebra lines across the road, but then have a set of smaller squares along side those on either side. I see that at crossings of the paved trails, mostly.

Does anyone know what that type of marking means, and where it's defined? I could swear I saw it on the city website once upon a time, but I can't find it now for the life of me.
IIRC, because they are part of the trail system they're not considered actual crosswalks. That is, I don't believe traffic is obligated to stop for someone waiting to cross the street. So the markings distinguish that type of crossing.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
IIRC, because they are part of the trail system they're not considered actual crosswalks. That is, I don't believe traffic is obligated to stop for someone waiting to cross the street. So the markings distinguish that type of crossing.
Actually, the markings mean the same thing. Drivers are always obliged to stop for pedestrians, I believe the other markings are there for visibility or because they used to be the old style of crosswalk with just two lines.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco401 View Post
Actually, the markings mean the same thing. Drivers are always obliged to stop for pedestrians, I believe the other markings are there for visibility or because they used to be the old style of crosswalk with just two lines.
Obviously drivers are obliged to stop for pedestrians in the road but they are not obliged to stop for trail users waiting to cross. Note that when a trail crosses a street or road, the trail users have a stop sign. The signage on the street is not the same as for other pedestrian crossings. Traffic on the street has the right of way.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 12:47 PM

A legal crosswalk were pedestrians have the right of way (other that of course walk lights at intersections) also must have a posted sign denoting the cross walk. This excludes trail crossings. An example is Brookside drive you will notice the legal crossing is like 20-30 meters past the trail crossing coming from Main street.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 8:28 PM

I asked the city, and they said this:

Quote:
trail crossing markings give extra warning to motorists that there may be ped/cyclists crossing at busier trail crossings.

There are stop signs on the trail approaches, so motorists have the right of way.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2016, 7:14 PM

Fredericton Transit now has a bus tracker app called Ready Pass. Very exciting to finally bring us to the 21st century. It even says they will have electronic ticketing by autumn 2016!

http://www.readypass.ca/beta/

It's still in beta, but still a significant improvement.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2016, 7:30 PM
New Brunswick booster!

But what about Sunday service?!?! lol

Old Posted Aug 12, 2016, 8:22 PM

Just want to say congrats on 400 pages! It's been fun following along for over 8 years. Freddy sure has changed a lot in that time.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2016, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj6286 View Post
Fredericton Transit now has a bus tracker app called Ready Pass. Very exciting to finally bring us to the 21st century. It even says they will have electronic ticketing by autumn 2016!

http://www.readypass.ca/beta/

It's still in beta, but still a significant improvement.
Interesting app; hopefully it will be maintained unlike the old app they had 3-4 years ago that stopped working.

Sounds like they will be shifting to having Rider cards instead of monthly passes; I'll assume you'll still get a monthly pass, it'll just record on the card and you tap and go.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 7:04 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin6463 View Post
Just want to say congrats on 400 pages! It's been fun following along for over 8 years. Freddy sure has changed a lot in that time.

You bet it has, for the better still a long way to go

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 3:24 PM

I just heard that M&M wants to move to the Corbet Centre. They just need approval from Head Office. They wanted to move in beside sobeys but sobeys lease says no other food stores allowed.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
I just heard that M&M wants to move to the Corbet Centre. They just need approval from Head Office. They wanted to move in beside sobeys but sobeys lease says no other food stores allowed.
Only one 1200 sq ft spot available in the Corbett Centre right now, is that big enough for M&M?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
Only one 1200 sq ft spot available in the Corbett Centre right now, is that big enough for M&M?
Actually looks like 3k sqft might become available, according to the latest plan

If that is correct, it looks like either Thai Manao is taking over the Deluxe spot. If it is just a move, that will leave 3k available for M&M. If it's an expansion (or a second Thai restaurant is moving into the centre), then there's only 1200 available.

1200 is probably a bit tight for M&M, especially if they're revamping their look; but they can likely fit into it. Their existing spot is about that size I'd guess. Village Properties website doesn't show a floor plan, but their unit sizes range from 500 to 3500 sqft, and M&M is definitely in one of the smaller/normal sized units.

In any case, if M&M and Thai Manao move/combine, that will fill up the Centre. I wonder if they have someone lined up for the corner spot between Sleep Country and Princess Auto, once PA finishes construction? Maybe it would be a good spot for the Starbux to set up, assuming they can escape from the Shoppers building.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 6:15 PM

Thai Manao is expanding and taking over the Deluxe space.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 6:27 PM

Good for them.

So that leaves 1200 for M&M. I'd still say that should be fine; on par with their current size, if not a bit bigger. (Sizing can be a bit deceptive since so much of M&M's space is taken up by freezers).

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 11:16 AM
The Sheriff

Off topic, Thai Manao is over rated. Not very clean either they have failed their health inspection a few times over the last few years

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
Off topic, Thai Manao is over rated. Not very clean either they have failed their health inspection a few times over the last few years
way off topic blue way off.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 12:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
way off topic blue way off.
And bordering on slanderous unless there is supporting evidence. Be careful what you say unless you appreciate lawsuits.......

It's OK to have controversial opinions, but outright accusations could get you in trouble.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 12:51 PM

Checking their most recent inspection, from August 9, 2016, they have a Green rating with only three minor infractions. So seems like they're in good shape at the moment.

I haven't eaten there myself, but I have been (and still am) tempted to go at some point; maybe once they finish the expansion.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Checking their most recent inspection, from August 9, 2016, they have a Green rating with only three minor infractions. So seems like they're in good shape at the moment.

I haven't eaten there myself, but I have been (and still am) tempted to go at some point; maybe once they finish the expansion.
I always say I want to try different places but I end up going to the same ones. If I can convince the boss I should try something new next time. Wish me luck.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces