HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jan 25, 2024, 7:42 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

I wonder how much of that is driven by the rise in SAT numbers. Now that flight options are somewhat better at SAT than they used to be, maybe more folks from SA are flying out of SAT instead of Austin? Purely anecdotal, but I feel like the number of SA people I've heard of who are flying out of Austin is down (maybe).

Old Posted Jan 25, 2024, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texboy View Post
SAT posted on Insta this morning they hit 10.7M in 2023. Great milestone for the airport, safe to say the pandemic is in the rearview mirror. December PAX should be somewhere near 1M, which would also be a record December for the airport.
You beat me to it. I just saw their LinkedIn post and came right over lol. Hats off to SAT.

I was in town last month for work and usually fly in/out of Terminal A but used Terminal B this time and hadn't seen that the bar area at the end of the concourse had been removed to make way for more seating. Both terminals are getting really tight. SAT is feeling the growing pains for sure.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2024, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
I wonder how much of that is driven by the rise in SAT numbers. Now that flight options are somewhat better at SAT than they used to be, maybe more folks from SA are flying out of SAT instead of Austin? Purely anecdotal, but I feel like the number of SA people I've heard of who are flying out of Austin is down (maybe).
It's more so some routes getting chopped and aircraft downsizing, notably the number of A321 aircraft fell and replaced by smaller mainline and even regional jets on AA.

Plus the margins at AUS have been in the trash for a while with SWA & AA going at it.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 10:36 PM
James

"The San Antonio International Airport (SAT) marked a record in passenger counts in 2023 with 10,676,570 people traveling through last year...

In 2019, officials celebrated when the number of passengers traveling through SAT hit a record-breaking 10,363,040. It was expected to keep climbing until the COVID pandemic brought air travel to a screeching halt in 2020."

Airport lands major milestone in 2023, other plans set for takeoff

Old Posted Feb 7, 2024, 10:31 PM

December 2023 Passenger Stats

Domestic Enplanements: 463,670
Domestic Deplanements: 436,609
Total Domestic Passengers: 900,279

International Enplanements: 36,329
International Deplanements: 31,861
Total International Passengers: 68,190

Total December 2023 Passengers: 968,469

https://flysanantonio.com/wp-content...-DEC-Stats.pdf

Old Posted Feb 11, 2024, 3:50 AM
wmdwms

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 5:03 PM

From SAT Facebook page:

2024 is already turning out to be a big year for SAT. What’s next? Keep close for a big announcement on Monday, March 4!

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 5:10 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
From SAT Facebook page:

2024 is already turning out to be a big year for SAT. What’s next? Keep close for a big announcement on Monday, March 4!
Just saw this on their insta to! Any sleuths on here have an idea?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 12:31 AM

RDU, Toronto, Portland or Sacramento is my guess.

London would be a far fetched but still somewhat possible guess lol.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOGalexd View Post
RDU, Toronto, Portland or Sacramento is my guess.

London would be a far fetched but still somewhat possible guess lol.
I’m gonna say RDU, they seemed to emphasize ‘brand new’ so if it’s a new route, my bet is on RDU because it would be an all new route. One of the busiest unserved routes out of the airport. I think London is far-fetched, my bet is that any other international airlines are going to be watching how the condor flight does before SAT gets a flight to London or anywhere else across the pond.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I’m gonna say RDU, they seemed to emphasize ‘brand new’ so if it’s a new route, my bet is on RDU because it would be an all new route. One of the busiest unserved routes out of the airport. I think London is far-fetched, my bet is that any other international airlines are going to be watching how the condor flight does before SAT gets a flight to London or anywhere else across the pond.
I would think there would be other press if it happened, but maybe they got Reagan National? I know SAT-RDU has been a thing in the past, same with Portland I think. Not sure about Sacramento. RDU seems like it would make the most sense out of those though.

Agreed on London, wishful thinking right now lol.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 5:59 AM

Think it's too late for a TATL announcement. Those type of announcements happen in the fall/winter with those routes usually beginning in early summer. If they're talking routes, my guesses would be Alaska to Portland or Southwest to Sacramento. But the announcement doesn't mention a new route, I'm swaying more towards this has to do something with the airport expansion.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2024, 9:54 AM

Speaking of the expansion, does anyone know when we can expect to see updated renderings of the new terminal?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 6:23 PM

Welp... the big announcement was a rebrand... lol womp womp. Its a nice looking logo though for sure.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 10:28 PM
JACKinBeantown

The logo itself is pretty good. That dark blue background makes the Runway-A a little hard to see. Hopefully they have a no-background version.

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...3w&oe=65EA66AE

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 4:10 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver -> Austin
The A and T purple and blue should be switched.
San Antonio: 1495k (+4%) + MSA suburbs: 1209k (+8%) + CSA exurbs: 82k (+3%)
Austin: 980k (+2%) + MSA suburbs: 1493k (+13%)

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:28 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
The A and T purple and blue should be switched.
Or change the purple entirely. Maybe yellow or orange. Never put a dark(ish) color against a dark background if you want people to see it clearly. Nitpicking, but constructive nitpicking is how designers (and engineers) make things right.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 3:27 PM

SAT - January 2024 Statistics

Quote:
In January 2024, the airport’s passenger numbers reached 789,684. SAT once again broke a monthly passenger record with this January being the busiest in the airport’s history. The previous record was set in January 2019. 2023 was officially the busiest year in the airport’s history with nearly 10.7 million passengers flying through the two terminals. This busy trend has continued with January 2024 being the ninth record-breaking month in a row for SAT. Comparing the numbers to the year prior, the airport experienced a significant 7% increase of passengers.
The airport needs to average 4% monthly increases YOY to cross the 11M mark this year. Great start to the year for SAT.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 5:16 PM

I flew out of Terminal A yesterday and noticed there has been zero progress (physically at least) on the ground load facility. Anyone have any idea what's up? I know ground breakings are largely ceremonial and can take place well before actual construction starts, but this seems to be an excessively long amount of time. If they plan to open this sucker up early next year, they need to get crackin' big time. PS, airport was packed per usual, and security was a breeze... per usual.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 7:00 PM

Quote:
I flew out of Terminal A yesterday and noticed there has been zero progress (physically at least) on the ground load facility. Anyone have any idea what's up? I know ground breakings are largely ceremonial and can take place well before actual construction starts, but this seems to be an excessively long amount of time. If they plan to open this sucker up early next year, they need to get crackin' big time. PS, airport was packed per usual, and security was a breeze... per usual.

No surprise here. This city is all talk very little action.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio