HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 9:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your luck O-tac and glad yobhear you're getting back on your feet.

Reading this page convinced me to get the vaccine.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 11:17 PM
Fake News

Happy to hear that. Everyone at work got the shot too after seeing me collapse and lose the ability to walk before I was taken to the hospital. Two of my co-workers drove me and helped me into the ER. Thankfully it wasn’t meningitis (which they checked for since I had white blood cells in my spinal fluid). That can be deadly.

Last edited by O-tacular; Jun 3, 2024 at 11:30 PM.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 11:19 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Great to have you back and on the mend. Let them eat cake!
Thanks! They only ate the icing lol!

Last edited by O-tacular; Jun 3, 2024 at 11:36 PM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 2:17 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Happy to hear that. Everyone at work got the shot too after seeing me collapse and lose the ability to walk before I was taken to the hospital. Two of my co-workers drove me and helped me into the ER. Thankfully it wasn’t meningitis (which they checked for since I had white blood cells in my spinal fluid). That can be deadly.
Jesus. This sounds terrible. I hope that there are no lingering issues (or that there will be none once you get over this. was everything related to shingles?)

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 4:48 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Jesus. This sounds terrible. I hope that there are no lingering issues (or that there will be none once you get over this. was everything related to shingles?)
Thanks. Most people recover a couple weeks after the rash goes away, but my symptoms only got worse. I had a severe pain attack at work the day I went to the ER. My limbs started to tingle and go numb. I sat down and couldn’t get back up. I don’t know if it was the pain or some other weird nerve issue.

I spent 24 hrs in emerge and slept in a reclining chair. They did a spinal tap and found white blood cells in the fluid which could be a sign that it had reached my brain. 2 days later I got an MRI and thankfully that wasn’t the case since that can kill you. Spent the next 12 days mostly bedridden and barely functioning. I was on a cocktail of a bunch of different drugs and so stoned that I hallucinated a spider on my arm one night and asked a nurse for a haircut at one point lol!

What I have is a severe case of post herpetic neuralgia, which is nerve pain that lasts long after the shingles is gone. It normally lasts 3-6 mths but can go for years for some people. Knock on wood I will only be a few months. I’m on neuropathic medications that dull the pain from like an 8 out of 10 to maybe a 2 or 3. Sleeping is torture cause my hair hurts where the rash was on the back of my head. I’m just happy to be out of the hospital. Spending 2 weeks in the neurology wing full of stroke victims and dementia patients I saw and smelled some shit. Highlights included a guy stealing my lunchkit from the shared fridge and stuffing it with his dirty underwear and slippers and a woman wandering into my room one night and fighting the nurse to leave.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 5:26 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Highlights included a guy stealing my lunchkit from the shared fridge and stuffing it with his dirty underwear and slippers and a woman wandering into my room one night and fighting the nurse to leave.
well, at least the 'entertainment' wasn't lacking (jk). Damn. Really sorry to hear that you went through all this.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Spending 2 weeks in the neurology wing full of stroke victims and dementia patients I saw and smelled some shit. Highlights included a guy stealing my lunchkit from the shared fridge and stuffing it with his dirty underwear and slippers and a woman wandering into my room one night and fighting the nurse to leave.
It's good to have a sense of humour in moments like this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 8:31 PM
Fake News

Quote:
well, at least the 'entertainment' wasn't lacking (jk). Damn. Really sorry to hear that you went through all this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster duck View Post
It's good to have a sense of humour in moments like this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks. Yeah I’m kind of grateful I was in such a drug haze as it was pretty lonely at times and I felt trapped (the doors to leave the ward are literally locked and you need a nurse to let you out). I woke up one morning not knowing where the hell I was and thinking it was my wedding day cause that’s what I had been dreaming about.

Eventually I got used to and even looked forward to the scheduled meal times. The food was actually decent for institutional food (roastbeef and salmon). Towards the end I started to improve and could actually go for walks in the hospital for coffee or to go outside. I had visitors. Got out as much as I could since I hated being in that uncomfortable hospital bed in my dark room. I pushed myself a bit too hard the second last day though. The morning I was discharged I woke up to the sight of a bloody stain from my hair on my bed. My scalp was in severe pain and felt raw.

All in all it was an experience I’ll never forget. I will not miss sharing a bathroom with an incontinent 80 year old stroke survivor though. I cleaned his shit off the seat and the sink a few times.

Coming home felt like I hadn’t seen my kids in months! Really missed them. My wife captured the reunion when I walked in the door, homeless looking with a 2 week beard. (The emojis etc were added by her on her social media post)

Last edited by O-tacular; Jun 4, 2024 at 9:00 PM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 8:53 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Young kids are the very best medicine. Thanks for sharing the joyous reunion.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2024, 7:58 PM
Fake News

Happy Father’s day all! Wherever you are I wish you a happy and restful day.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2024, 8:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Happy Farter's Day (world's oldest joke).

Old Posted Jun 16, 2024, 8:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Happy Father's Day to you too O-tac!

I spent five days in the hospital a couple of years ago with a severe respiratory infection. It gives you a whole different appreciation for medicine when you are on the other side of the gurney. I'm glad to see you home and reunited with your kids.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2024, 10:40 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Happy Father’s day all! Wherever you are I wish you a happy and restful day.
To you too mon ami, and to all papas!

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:01 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Happy Father's Day to you too O-tac!

I spent five days in the hospital a couple of years ago with a severe respiratory infection. It gives you a whole different appreciation for medicine when you are on the other side of the gurney. I'm glad to see you home and reunited with your kids.
Thanks MonctonRad. Yeah I've never spent more than a day in the hospital before. It was very eye opening and gave me some perspective. Being amongst 80 year olds who were bedridden and or dementia patients was quite grim and depressing. Made me appreciate what I have and enjoy the kiddos while they're young.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:03 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Happy Farter's Day (world's oldest joke).

Not an old fart yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
To you too mon ami, and to all papas!
Merci, toi aussi!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada