HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairnstone View Post
Are you kidding me. SO what do you call the very large commercial area that was just built if its not CRU space

Are you sure you bought into TAB. Solo also took forever and was started during the credit crunch and if I recall it was delayed do financial issues. It also took forever.

I would love to know what people that post in this forum do for a living.
It is called a surface parking lot which comes with the mall when Shape purchase Brentwood Mall. Shape just use the parking lot and convert it to condo. Solo may take a long time to start up , but still finish way earlier and occupied than the not so amazing Brentwood.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraki View Post
Yeah both the fridge and oven are tiny. I agree with the baseboards as well. I keep my place around 20c so it's slow but not an issue, but good luck if you're someone who wants to heat the place to 24-26 it'll be running constantly.
20c is good with me lol

another tip i was given was to open the windows when drying laundry, cuz the dryer is the humid drying kind or something so a lot of moisture can build up

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
TAB is not built over top of the mall . It is built on a vacant parking lot adjacent to the mall , no different than any other development site.
its the mall dude...theres towwers on top of large scale commercial retail.

I can give Shape a break about why its taking so long. With all the CRU and the towers built together like this, theres so many moving parts and restrictions when it comes to which section of the mall and which portions of the tower receiving OP. Its inevitable that it's done piecemeal

be patient as the final product will be awesome

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 8:24 PM

Hey Tangeray,

Is the lobby in T2 the same design as T1?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 8:33 PM

I didnt get to see it. We entered the building through the P2 parkade entrance. Alpha way is still a construction zone, but if I had to guess, T1 and T2 are twins so I would assume the interior finishings of the lobbies to be identical

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 9:04 PM

http://imgur.com/gallery/bnpjG6P

A few shots from my walkthrough. I chose not to post pics of the main living/dining/kitchen just cuz I think everyone has seen what these units look like. One more thing of note I've got a B2 layout, and the second room is enclosed with clear glass sliding doors, makes a great office. If you intend to use it as a second bedroom you'll need to frost the glass on your own.

Also, if I close all of the doors and windows I cant hear the skytrain at all

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 10:28 PM

the modern grey color scheme seems really popular among buyers

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangeray View Post
20c is good with me lol

another tip i was given was to open the windows when drying laundry, cuz the dryer is the humid drying kind or something so a lot of moisture can build up
Yeah, they also told me be sure to leave the washer door cracked open when not in use or mould will form.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2020, 6:15 AM

Quote:
http://imgur.com/gallery/bnpjG6P

A few shots from my walkthrough. I chose not to post pics of the main living/dining/kitchen just cuz I think everyone has seen what these units look like. One more thing of note I've got a B2 layout, and the second room is enclosed with clear glass sliding doors, makes a great office. If you intend to use it as a second bedroom you'll need to frost the glass on your own.

Also, if I close all of the doors and windows I cant hear the skytrain at all
thank you for posting, you have lovely views.
Did you ask them how soon you can move in after the walk thru?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 2:21 AM

Quote:
thank you for posting, you have lovely views.
Did you ask them how soon you can move in after the walk thru?
nobody knows, not even Shape's President

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroYVR View Post
Please tell me you are either sarcastic or joking.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 7:39 PM

Quote:
there's some truth to that...OP is granted by the city, which means Shape for the most part has no say in when that happens. That's a very simplistic view to it but generally that's how its gonna go from here on out

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 7:52 PM

Quote:
there's some truth to that...OP is granted by the city, which means Shape for the most part has no say in when that happens. That's a very simplistic view to it but generally that's how its gonna go from here on out
So untrue, Shape knows the rules and what is required for the city. So if OP is held up it is usually related to paperwork or a life safety system not being completed. So in the end it falls on Shape's contractor and CP's that stamp the work and coordinates the trades to complete all the work. About 10% is additional requirements by the city or other agencies. Sometimes changes in city policy causes the delay

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairnstone View Post
So untrue, Shape knows the rules and what is required for the city. So if OP is held up it is usually related to paperwork or a life safety system not being completed. So in the end it falls on Shape's contractor and CP's that stamp the work and coordinates the trades to complete all the work. About 10% is additional requirements by the city or other agencies. Sometimes changes in city policy causes the delay
Lol I stand corrected. What do I kno

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 2:35 PM

Geez , getting the OP sounds like such a formidable process, “ out of my control” sentiment according to Shape. Again how does so many others developers around Brentwood did it in a timely manned. Don’t forget SOLO across the street has been occupied 1 1/2 year ..... and their building much more complex to build because of their geothermal heating and cooling system . Shape excuses are longer than a roll of toilet paper

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Geez , getting the OP sounds like such a formidable process, “ out of my control” sentiment according to Shape. Again how does so many others developers around Brentwood did it in a timely manned. Don’t forget SOLO across the street has been occupied 1 1/2 year ..... and their building much more complex to build because of their geothermal heating and cooling system . Shape excuses are longer than a roll of toilet paper
Adding Geothermal Does not add much to the scope. Is there no cooling in TAB? Be it ground source heat or attaching to a District energy is the same. its just pipe and heat coils. The issue alot of times in the build is the structural design.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 3:13 PM

what's in it for Shape to finish early?

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 3:37 PM

Floors 28-30 have their walk through on the week of March 23-27.

It was much earlier than I expected, i thought my floor would get their walk through in April-May.

Any questions you guys want me to ask?

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 6:32 PM

Quote:
what's in it for Shape to finish early?
They get their money! Isn’t this the ultimate goal of all developers?

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 8:45 PM

Quote:
They get their money! Isn’t this the ultimate goal of all developers?
Strictly speaking, the only place they're potentially losing money by not finishing "early" would be the retail/commercial and mall component of the project - where they're the de facto landlords, and are paying property taxes on those units and the mall.
And there's obviously no incentive to try to rush that part of the project and just to risk running into liability or bad PR issues if something goes wrong as a result.

That should also clue you in as to why the Rentals were moved in to their units and tower before you, the owners, were.

"Pre-sale" 'deposit paid' implies that they're going to get their money from you regardless of when they finish those market units and move you in.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley