HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 5:31 PM

Colliers/Golub Preconstruction Thread: Four New Towers in Downtown Phoenix!

My company has now seen proposals from both gollub and colliers for the two new proposed buildings. The colliers building is definitely going to be built, they already have enough tenants to build. The gollub building is still trying to get the green light.

The colliers building is nothing special. The first eight floors will be above ground parking and the building will be one of two building built on that site. the buildings will be staggered like renaissance so they both have views to the south. The second building will be built when it is economically feasible. The first building will be 30 stories. They alluded to the fact that the second pad at the current colliers building will be developed into a hotel in the "near future". Completion date of the new tower is January of 2015.

The gollub building is much more interesting and has a nice crown, outdoor balconies, and a small park with grass on the eight floor over the above ground parking. Gollub says it will be a downtown "icon". I like the deisgn, but the location will be a tough sell (200 west monroe). Gollub says that location will get better and better, and they mentioned that there will be an upcoming announcement about Hotel Monroe that will really help that area of downtown. I hope they are right, Hotel Monroe is a great building that needs some serious TLC.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest