HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 4:44 PM
Community Guy

Very much so and quite impressive to say the least.

Hey Edmonton, take a play from their book maybe?!?!?!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 6:45 PM

When you actually put an effort into selling the CFL it actually sells, when you do nothing it doesn't.

When the new private owner becomes a reality in Edmonton, they would do well to pay close attention to Amar Doman.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2024, 12:40 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Less than a week now till the season opens - lets go baby !!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 2:44 PM

Jonas Brothers will headline the Grey Cup Halftime show in Vancouver!

This is the earliest they’ve announce the headliner is recent memory and announced it before ticket sales too! Props to Vancouver!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 3:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I was watching the CBS feed for the Canadian Open golf championship, and a banner came on the screen, and Jim Nance announced the CFL season opener (Winnipeg vs Montreal) on CBS Sports Network.

It was kinda a surreal moment from a major American network.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
50K+ tickets have been sold so far. Lions are going to have a legit sellout on their hands. Every team in the league should be looking to copy what the Lions have done to turn opening day into a major event.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Here's to hoping we don't have another season devastated by QB injuries

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 4:58 PM
Community Guy

Elks moving up their game to not conflict with the Oilers.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I was watching the CBS feed for the Canadian Open golf championship, and a banner came on the screen, and Jim Nance announced the CFL season opener (Winnipeg vs Montreal) on CBS Sports Network.

CFL actually gets decent coverage in the US. I'm often surprised when Americans know CFL teams and players.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 5:08 PM
Community Guy

Elks Home Opener presented by Purolator kicks off at 2:00 p.m.
This Saturday will be a day to remember for Edmonton sports fans.

Saturday, June 8 marks the start of the 75th season of Double E football, as the Edmonton Elks open the CFL season against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. With the Edmonton Oilers advancing to the Stanley Cup Final, which opens Saturday in Sunrise, Florida, the Elks are ensuring fans will have a full day of sports action.

The Green and Gold's historic season opener will now kick off at 2 p.m. MDT, allowing fans the opportunity to watch the Green and Gold as a precursor to the Oilers return to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time since 2006.

"We share in Edmonton's collective excitement around the Oilers run to the Stanley Cup Final," said Elks President and CEO Rick LeLacheur. "There's nothing better than football on a beautiful afternoon, and that's exactly what Saturday will provide, as we open our historic 75th season. Saturday promises to be a great day for Edmonton sports fans."

Tickets for Saturday's game start at $22 for what promises to be an action-packed day at Commonwealth Stadium. All previously printed tickets with the old start time will be accepted at the gates.

Game day features the largest alumni autograph session in Club history pre-game (now from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.), a pre-game flyover from the Royal Canadian Airforce, debut of the Elks Fan Park, and a halftime celebration of Edmonton's 14 Grey Cup championships.

Full details on all game day activations can be found by clicking here.

Saturday's game is the culmination of what promises to be the busiest regular season week in Double E history, as Kickoff to 75 Week features public events every day. For more details on the full week of activities, click here.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 6:02 PM
A Better Place

Delete

Last edited by Harrison; Jun 3, 2024 at 6:03 PM. Reason: Poster already added this info

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 8:18 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:

That’s very cool.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 8:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
That’s very cool.
It was even more surreal that the announcement was made during the CBS broadcast of the Canadian Open, and immediately afterward, they cut to a Mountie (in full dress regalia) taking the flag from a caddie on the 18th hole, and the pennant on the flagstick was a Canadian flag!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 11:39 PM

Quote:
It was even more surreal that the announcement was made during the CBS broadcast of the Canadian Open
They did that last year as well (during a PGA Tour broadcast) and it is probably posted somewhere in the forum.

I think it was a good decision moving to CBSSN from ESPN. While the league received more money despite CBSSN having a smaller reach, it is much more reliable in terms of knowing where and when a game will be aired. ESPN would air games on any old ESPN platform and did not promote the games as much as CBSSN did.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 1:17 PM

Amped up for the start of the season.

Already have tickets and accommodations booked for Vancouver Grey Cup. My two adult children are joining me. Its going to be a hoot!

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 2:05 PM
Community Guy

Tempted to get some tickets and head out there for a fun week.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 5:33 PM
arf

I'm up for abysmally trying to pick winners each week. First weeks are always the hardest.

MTL @ WPG: tossup game. WPG because home field.
HAM @ CGY: tossup game. CGY, because home field.
SSK @ EDM: going against popular opinion. EDM. SSK hasn't proved to me they are any better than last year and the win last week against EDM showed me all the flaws that still exist. EDM holds onto the ball and wins easily
BC @ TOR: going with BC and popular opinion here

Hoping for big attendance numbers!

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 8:25 PM
Ham-burgher

"Kelly, Argos settle lawsuit with former strength and conditioning coach"

https://www.tsn.ca/talent/cfl/chad-k...oach-1.2130042

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 9:31 PM

BC Place sellout inevitable now for Lions home opener
Noah Strang dailyhive.com June 4 2024

It looks like a historically large crowd will be showing up for the BC Lions’ home opener on June 15 against the Calgary Stampeders.

While the Lions aren’t ready to confirm the game is sold out, a quick glance at Ticketmaster reveals that there are no pairs of tickets left in all of BC Place for the big game. There are a few single tickets still available but that’s all as fans have been swallowing up the supply.

The team announced that they’ve sold 50,000 tickets a few days ago. A Lions representative confirmed to Daily Hive that the max capacity for the game is roughly 53,000. With more than a week to go before kickoff and few seats available online, it’s looking like a guaranteed sellout.

Not only will the game be the first for the Lions at home this season, but it will also feature a performance by Grammy-winning rapper 50 Cent. The pregame concert from the popular musician has helped the team sell tickets for the event.

The Lions have opened new sections for this game numerous times but the demand for tickets has continued.

Attendance is expected to vastly exceed that of past home openers, which also featured popular musical acts. OneRepublic helped bring 34,082 fans in 2022 and LL Cool J helped to attract 33,103 fans last season.

If the Lions do fill the stadium for their home opener, it will be only the second time they’ve cracked the 50,000 mark for a regular season game since 1991. There have been an additional five BC Place playoff games that have reached the lofty number.

The Lions get their regular season started on the road against the Toronto Argonauts this weekend on June 9. The BC-based team is hoping for a strong season as Vancouver is hosting the Grey Cup this year, and participating in the big game on home soil would be massive.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 4:50 PM

CFL returns to CTV

Surely this is welcome news....

CFL returns to CTV for fall Saturday games & playoffs, including Grey Cup

https://3downnation.com/2024/06/06/c...ding-grey-cup/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada