HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 17, 2013, 7:54 PM

Yulman Stadium Update

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 3:23 PM
-

4000 Canal St·New Construction ·Ref Code: V7RRY5
Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Randy Reboul
Application Review
Date Filed:
11/15/2013 8:32:10 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Construct a 2-story, 6318 sf mixed use building: 3 - ground floor commercial units [4000 & 4004 Canal St, 111 S Pierce St] 4 - 2nd floor dwelling units [4002 Canal St Units A, B, C, & D]

1 Poydras St, Ste #285·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: QEZFLS
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Amy Shymanski
Application Review
Date Filed:
11/15/2013 9:17:24 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Non-structural interior tenant improvements to Kay Jewelers, Ste #285, as per plan

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 6:48 PM
life is good

Interesting about the Canal street building. Sounds pretty good, though I wish it was a story or two taller. Hopefully it is not set back from the street.

City’s inability to sell Lower 9th Ward lots rekindles debate
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...-to-sell-lower

Quote:
Gray seemed taken aback. It somehow did not jibe with the story about New Orleans’ resurgence the mayor repeats at nearly every public appearance. It seemed closer to an acknowledgement that if some parts of New Orleans can stand comparison with San Francisco or Austin, there are other neighborhoods where shrinking Rust Belt towns like Pittsburgh and Cleveland offer the most apt analogy.

“We brag about the fact that we’re growing faster than any other city in America,” Gray said. “All the projections I see say we’re going to go past where we were before the hurricane. And that’s very different from all those shrinking Northern cities that are never going to be what they once were.”
Very interesting read ya'll on the plans, or lack of ability, of the city to dispose of the 600 to 700 lots they own in the lower 9th. And it doesn't touch on the height limit debate we discussed a few pages back, but really shows the lack of demand in that neighborhood at the present, and how that shouldn't be a reason to avoid raising height limits in more desirable neighborhoods.

Last edited by Eightball; Nov 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Add article

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 9:06 PM
-

Cochon Butcher Is About to Grow Three Sizes

Butcher.jpgDonald Link's casual deli Cochon Butcher is about to get HUGE. According to NOLA.com's Todd A. Price, the deli, which just last month purchased the building adjacent to it at 351 Andrew Higgins Blvd., is looking to expand to more than triple its current size by early 2014.

That means Butcher's current dimension's of 800 square feet will swell with an additional 2,000 square feet from the recently-acquired building. What is Link hoping to do with all that extra elbow room? So glad you asked—the new space will house a much larger dining room, a bar, and the main food preparation area. Link also intimated that he wants "nighttime to become more of a player" for Butcher, which is most likely why a selection of small platers will be joining the deli's roster of popular sandwiches.

http://nola.eater.com/

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf...more_than.html

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 2:28 PM

News on the River

A couple of articles in The Advocate this morning:

Developers offer first tour of remodeled Riverwalk mall
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...-first-tour-of

I didn't see anything new here other than this:
Quote:
The mall has retained much of its former layout. The major changes are on the structure’s top level, where stores that were only 25 feet deep on the Mississippi River side and 30 feet deep on the land side now have swelled to 90 feet deep on the former and 60 feet on the latter.

French Market signs on to manage new riverfront park
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...et-signs-on-to

Quote:
Councilwoman Kristin Gisleson Palmer, who sits on the French Market board, has said the park will likely cost about $1.7 million a year to operate and should open to the public within a month after the management agreement is signed.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 6:52 PM
life is good

BR-NOLA rail service study due by year’s end

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...%E2%80%99s+end
Quote:
Plans are for the rail line to start near downtown Baton Rouge, around Florida Boulevard or Government Street, then make a stop either on Essen Lane or Bluebonnet Boulevard.
The rail line will also make stops in Gonzales or Sorrento; in LaPlace; at
Louis Armstrong International Airport in Kenner; in Jefferson Parish, possibly near Zephyr Field; and at an undetermined New Orleans location before stopping at the New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal, Basilica said.
Separately, I was thinking about starting a NOLA transit thread in the transportation section. Would ya'll read it and update it?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 12:29 AM

Eightball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
BR-NOLA rail service study due by year’s end

Separately, I was thinking about starting a NOLA transit thread in the transportation section. Would ya'll read it and update it?
Since I no longer live in New Orleans, and I don't post here much, my vote won't count for much.

But I prefer to have all New Orleans development news stay on this thread. I enjoy reading of my hometown's comeback, and I prefer not to travel to different threads to do it.

Thanks for keeping us expats up-to-date with news and pictures.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 3:50 AM
-

Frankie & Johnny's Gets a Revamp And New Owner

fra11%3A20.jpegTodd A. Price reports that the shuttered Uptown family-haunt Frankie & Jonny's is reopening on Friday, November 29, under new ownership. The building itself is still owned by The Morreale family who opened the original Frankie & Johnny's (aka Franky & Johnny's) in 1942, and who evicted the latest restaurant operators, The Cortello family, back in early February 2013 after the restaurant was rumored to have rats the size of beer cans falling from the ceiling and was in dire need of renovations. The Cortellos had operated the restaurant since the 1980s.

Now a new owner/operator Anthony Macaluso has come on board to resurrect the once-happening crawfish destination, reopening next week. The building has been renovated too, with a new kitchen, electrical system, floors and ceilings (rat super-highway no more). Price reports that restaurant "sparkles," and new additions to the space include "a front patio, an outdoor boiling room and even a room full of toys to occupy younger diners."

Regions adds sign at 400 Poydras to city skyline

Regions Bank will soon be a part of the New Orleans skyline. The Birmingham, Ala.-based company is adding the letters to the top of its regional headquarters at 400 Poydras St.“We’ve been thinking about doing this for a while. It seems appropriate as we expand our footprint,” said Scott Howard, localpresident for the bank.
The cost of the sign is $580,000 with dimensions roughly 6 feet high and 49 feet long.The building, owned by Hertz Investment Group of Los Angeles, is a 32-story, 620,000 square foot Class-A office tower on between Magazine and Constance streets.

Hertz will retain naming rights for the building, which is currently called 400 Poydras Tower. It was previously known as the Texaco Center.

Read more: http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...#ixzz2lFULAQzh

New Private Club on Gravier Street:

http://www.gravierstreetsocial.com/

1075 Prytania St·New Construction ·Ref Code: UTHFFA
Download (1) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Dinu M Tise
Application Review
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 12:55:26 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Construct a 3-story, 5100sf Mix use building as per plans and HDLC C/A #13-38951-HDLC.

1000 S Jefferson Davis Pkwy, Suite 200·New Construction ·Ref Code: 0PJXEB
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Erik Wismar
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 1:06:44 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Interior fit-out of 1,491 square feet shell space to be used for a retail imaging and copy center.

700 N Galvez St·New Construction ·Ref Code: 63YJAD
Download (4) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Blitch Knevel Architects LLC
Application Review
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 9:44:03 AM
Closed:
No
Description
New construction for a free-standing, 3-story building of 94,000sf of apartments (100 units) targeted for Seniors as per plans.

735 Bourbon St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Permit #13-44843-RNVN ·Ref Code: CF7VZM
Type:
Applicant:
735 B St Nola, LLC
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
11/19/2013 12:39:50 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Supplement to 11COM-01641 to complete renovations in common alley egress for fire and aesthetic requirements as per VCC Permit #13-43514-VCGEN.

421 Frenchmen St [Jeffery T. Greenberg,Aplc]·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Permit #13-44813-RNVN ·Ref Code: FDG0T4
Download (2) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Sammy Koll
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
11/19/2013 11:17:34 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Non-structural repairs to 1st floor of existing mixed-occupancy structure (1 floor-retail, 2nd & 3rd floors-office). Repairs include electrical, floors, tile, and HVAC. No exterior work allowed under this permit.

1 Poydras St, suite 245·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: 81JAQ5
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Josh Fowler
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
11/18/2013 1:17:10 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Tenant improvements for a Toby Keith - I Love This Bar and Grill with kitchen equipment and restrooms

1 Poydras St, space 263·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: Z5LPTV
Type:
Applicant:
Tammy Korte
Review resubmitted materials
Date Filed:
10/22/2013 10:54:59 AM
Closed:
No
Description
tenant improvement to become Charlotte Russe. New walls finishes and fixtures to be installed

2700 S Claiborne Ave·Attached Sign ·Permit #13-45080-SATT ·Ref Code: N10QFD
Type:
Attached Sign
Applicant:
Alternative Signs & Graphics
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 3:35:10 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Installation of (2) flat building signs and various directional signs as per sketch and City Planning Approval. (Capitol One Bank )

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 21, 2013 at 5:28 AM.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 7:34 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
I don't know... I like this thread. I can start talking transportation without worrying about getting off topic. Keep the transit threads for the megalopoli.

The station list sounds good, but I don't see why New Orleans needs two stops. The only good place is Carrollton, but that's too close to the UPT really. There should be just one station between the airport and the UPT, at Causeway. This could potentially tie into a commuter bus service to the North Shore.

I do think a "local" service could share tracks with the train to Baton Rouge, making more frequent stops and running every 15-20 minutes. This is probably a more efficient use of funds than building a whole light rail line from scratch. But this would require grade separations at busy roads, extra tracks, signals, etc.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 2:50 PM

Judges lose round to mayor in fight over court building

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...round-to-mayor

Sounds like the Judges are finding no help at the Bio District and Baton Rouge, and should get hip to the idea of setting up shop in Charity. I really hope they do not build anything on their own.

I hope we actually expand the green space at Duncan Plaza and hopefully tear down the current City Hall and create an iconic plaza/open space at that intersection ala "Discovery Green" in Houston. It would make sense out of that area and hopefully spur some quality development across the street car line on Loyola. As well as connect the Dome with the CBD better.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
The station list sounds good, but I don't see why New Orleans needs two stops. The only good place is Carrollton, but that's too close to the UPT really. There should be just one station between the airport and the UPT, at Causeway. This could potentially tie into a commuter bus service to the North Shore.

I do think a "local" service could share tracks with the train to Baton Rouge, making more frequent stops and running every 15-20 minutes. This is probably a more efficient use of funds than building a whole light rail line from scratch. But this would require grade separations at busy roads, extra tracks, signals, etc.
I agree that one NOLA station is probably the right decision: although there is an attraction to building a rail hub on the site of the Fountainbleau that could tie into a Tulane Ave. light rail (like on the old Transport for NOLA map), the volume to support a station there is not going to be there in the short to medium term. Better to have faster service by minimizing stops. As for the Jefferson Parish stop, I think we have to realize that there are few spots along that rail line that will support good transit-oriented development in Metairie in the short to medium term. We should accept that this service is going to act as a park and ride. So, put the station on Causeway, just south of Earhart and build an on/off ramp between Causeway/Earhart. That way, you can serve park and ride customers from the Northshore and the Westbank (via the Huey P Long Bridge and Earhart) easily.

As for local service, I think it would be great if we could save the money and run it on these existing tracks, but I think that would compete too much with the rail service on those lines and there just is not enough within walking distance of the line to complement local service. If light rail is going to work, it needs to be routed directly by existing large employment centers, high density residential, and areas for TOD. That line does not provide that.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 4:23 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...round-to-mayor

Sounds like the Judges are finding no help at the Bio District and Baton Rouge, and should get hip to the idea of setting up shop in Charity. I really hope they do not build anything on their own.

I hope we actually expand the green space at Duncan Plaza and hopefully tear down the current City Hall and create an iconic plaza/open space at that intersection ala "Discovery Green" in Houston. It would make sense out of that area and hopefully spur some quality development across the street car line on Loyola. As well as connect the Dome with the CBD better.

I know Im probably in the minority here but while I think the Judges moving into city hall at Charity would be great, I dont want to tear down the old city hall. Its a great example of architecture from that period. Its just not functional for a modern office tower. Think a STandard hotel type renovation could really shine there.

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 2:07 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by polemic View Post
As for the Jefferson Parish stop, I think we have to realize that there are few spots along that rail line that will support good transit-oriented development in Metairie in the short to medium term.

As for local service, I think it would be great if we could save the money and run it on these existing tracks, but I think that would compete too much with the rail service on those lines and there just is not enough within walking distance of the line to complement local service. If light rail is going to work, it needs to be routed directly by existing large employment centers, high density residential, and areas for TOD. That line does not provide that.
The area around Zephyr Field could potentially support TOD if the stadium parking was consolidated into a garage. With the performing arts center right there, it would make a good downtown for East Jefferson. Unfortunately, JP still had politicians bloviating about Agenda 21, so I doubt TOD is in the cards for a long time. Not to mention that 6 daily round trips is not really transit you can orient development around.

The original light rail proposal (pre-K) ran along Airline. Upgrading the freight line to handle a local rail service is a cheaper alternative. Obviously it would be nice to bring light rail to Lakeside, but there really aren't any other concentrations of activity in East Jeff. We'd have to build them from scratch in any case. Why not along Airline/Earhart where industrial property can be redeveloped quickly?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 6:14 PM
-

4232 St Claude Ave [Joseph R Lacoste Jr, Dds]·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: 7HD78S
Download (6) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
985 Builders LLC
Application Review
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 11:23:16 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Single story addition of 2500 sf to existing 2 story 2000 sf Dental Clinic (Louisiana Dental Center) per plans and 13-27499-HDLC..

539 Bienville St·Change of Use ·Permit #13-45170-CUSE ·Ref Code: 4N211R
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
11/21/2013 1:25:11 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Change of use from an art gallery to a retail shoe store per sketch.

2543 Banks St·Change of Use ·Permit #13-45131-CUSE ·Ref Code: 1HSAQ2
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Pfd-2543 LLC
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
11/21/2013 10:26:30 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Convert barbershop into an office space as per drawing.

1705 S White St·Change of Use ·Ref Code: EYQ0T3
Download (3) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Stephanie Mezynski
Application Review
Date Filed:
11/12/2013 11:46:32 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Convert vacant duplex to a mixed use building (2 residential units on 2nd floor and 1 commercial white box unit on the 1st floor) per plans. No use and occupancy of commercial unit on 1st floor.

8309 Oak St·Change of Use ·Ref Code: 0RXPZJ
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Tonya M Pinner
Certificate of Occupancy
Date Filed:
11/11/2013 2:01:04 PM
Closed:
Yes
Description
Convert vacant office to a retail t-shirt shop per inspection for license 1312822.

317 Burgundy St Suite 14·Change of Use ·Ref Code: FZ3RUG
Download (3) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Change of Use
Applicant:
Dianna Thomas-Weder
Certificate of Occupancy
Date Filed:
11/8/2013 3:35:24 PM
Closed:
No
Description
change of use from vacant commerical to beauty salon

1005 Canal St·HDLC COA ·Permit #13-44880-HDLC ·Ref Code: XWFTDJ
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
James Rizzuto III
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
11/19/2013 2:58:33 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Refurbish existing signage.

127 Carondelet St·Board of Building Standards and Appeals ·Project #BBSA 13-46 ·Ref Code: 48LPV3
Type:
Board of Building Standards and Appeals
Applicant:
Montgomery Roth Architecture Interior Design
Draft Application
Date Filed:
10/2/2013 8:34:10 AM
Closed:
No
Description
The applicant requests permission to proceed with a multiple occupancy build-out, commercial and multi-family residential, and to provide a single exit for each occupancy. The extenuating circumstances that are the catalyst for this request are listed as follows: Narrow and deep building Building shares common walls on three sides, remaining side open to street No opportunity for ear egress or horizontal egress Unable to provide exits meeting the requirements for remotely located exits

829-833 Howard Ave, 826 St Joseph St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: B7ZRKM
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Trapolin Peer Architects
Scheduling and case analysis
Date Filed:
11/19/2013 11:09:25 AM
Closed:
No
Description
General renovation of building, including stair and elevator tower addition.

Its this triangle building and the surface parking behind it!

2023 Magazine St·Renovation (Structural) ·Permit #13-45140-RNVS ·Ref Code: MU16TA
Pay Fees Download (1) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Donald Maginnis Architect
Permit Approved
Date Filed:
11/21/2013 11:14:42 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Construct new gallery as per drawings, Property Management approval and HDLC C/A #13-34915-HDLC.

1601 Basin St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: VZ2MCU
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
David Glasgow
Date Filed:
11/21/2013 10:39:17 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Demolition of existing CMU buildings; Move raised house; Construction of two commercial buildings with parking.

1035 Tchoupitoulas St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: JMJNL3
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Studio Wta
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 1:11:41 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Demolish existing warehouse building and construct new, 8-story, 24,746sf mixed use building.

714 Girod St, Penthouse #2·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: LMTYUF
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Matthew Hostetler
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 10:28:22 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Construct pergola and screen at rooftop terrace.

1572 Constance St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: X8ZP3D
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Peter Trapolin Architects
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 9:42:07 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Construction of a new educational facility.

700 N Galvez St·New Construction ·Ref Code: 63YJAD
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Blitch Knevel Architects LLC
Application Review
Date Filed:
11/20/2013 9:44:03 AM
Closed:
No
Description
New construction for a free-standing, 3-story building of 94,000sf of apartments (100 units) targeted for Seniors as per plans.

Construction Photos for 425 Notre Name (11-19-2013)

MOPHO Now Has Signage, Plus A Look Inside

Check out the hot new signage at MOPHO on City Park Avenue. Michael Gulotta and his partners at the upcoming Southeast Asian dining hotspot — including brother Jeff Gulotta and Jeffrey Bybee— have been hard at work renovating the space, and Eater has some pictures of the renovations currently underway (after the jump). With an opening planned for late December, there's still a lot of work to be done, but one look at the following pics and you can already tell what a snazzy revamp awaits the once rather-fugly building. Meanwhile, MOPHO now has a Facebook page with lots of fresh and tempting food porn, and a website (sorry, no menu leaks yet, but Gulotta has promised an emphasis on sourcing locally), and they're hiring via craigslist.

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
The area around Zephyr Field could potentially support TOD if the stadium parking was consolidated into a garage. With the performing arts center right there, it would make a good downtown for East Jefferson. Unfortunately, JP still had politicians bloviating about Agenda 21, so I doubt TOD is in the cards for a long time. Not to mention that 6 daily round trips is not really transit you can orient development around.

The original light rail proposal (pre-K) ran along Airline. Upgrading the freight line to handle a local rail service is a cheaper alternative. Obviously it would be nice to bring light rail to Lakeside, but there really aren't any other concentrations of activity in East Jeff. We'd have to build them from scratch in any case. Why not along Airline/Earhart where industrial property can be redeveloped quickly?
1. You're right, looking at it on the map, I am underestimated that area. I didn't even realize that there was a performing arts center there now (must have opened after I left New Orleans). And 6 daily round trips is definitely insufficient. I'm not saying we need high frequency, but trips every 1/2 hour (or more) makes transit seem realistic to so many more people.

2. In the area East of Causeway, I just don't think that anyone living south of Airline would cross the rail yard to get to the station; for the rest of the course, people north of Causeway are unlikely to want to cross Airline to get to anything north of the tracks.

3. Personally, I think that Jefferson Hwy. is better. It's more negotiable for pedestrians than Airline. There is a lot of redevelopable land. I would run light rail down Claiborne continuing onto Jefferson, take it up Elmwood Park Blvd. and route it into the proposed rail station at Zephyr field. You would connect two major Jefferson employment centers (Elmwood and Oschner), hit one in New Orleans (Baptist Hospital) and tie it into the new medical center and the CBD. There are neighborhoods on that line where transit use would be walkable/bikeable and where you could really imagine people using transit (I don't see people in Old Metairie taking public transit). They are also neighborhoods that even though they do not provide much opportunity for large multifamily housing, have houses at cheap enough values that you could see them being torn down and rebuilt with Houston style townhomes.

4. Speaking generally about mass transit options in Metairie and what other potential light rail lines could there be: (1) a line down Causeway from Jefferson Hwy to the lake, hitting Lakeside and the Causeway office towers (and the possibility to connect to the North Shore) and (2) a spur on Vets from Causeway to Williams. That second one seems more speculative, on a theory that if there is room for multifamily development in Metairie, it would come within walking distance of Vets. That's probably a lower probability for development then you would get with a similar line down Airline. There really is no area on Vets like Shrewsbury on Airline where you have an area with cheap land values and large lots that would lend itself to large scale re-development. I don't think Williams would ever have high enough density to support anything other than a bus line.

5. Who am I kidding? This stuff will never happen. However, it's fun to look at maps and imagine.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 5:13 AM
TL;DR

I think light rail would need to connect to the airport... not only does NOLA rely so heavily on tourism, but it's also one of (if not the) biggest employment center in Jefferson. I've always been in favor of running light rail along S Claiborne/Jeff Hwy, but nobody in the city is willing to develop Claiborne with anything besides auto-oriented crap. The Magnolia Marketplace proposal went from bad to worse.

All dreaming aside, what I really want is for NORTA to A) ramp up frequency on many bus routes to 15-20 minutes, and B) merge with JeT. The ridiculous agency turf wars only screw over the riders. Bringing back rapid bus service on Broad, Claiborne, and Elysian Fields would be great too.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 8:48 PM
life is good

Excellent comments ya'll on transit. I don't have too much to add right now, though I would love to see a road diet on Vets and/or bus only lanes and a cycletrack. As polemic said, I am not going to hold my breath :0

Ya'll are right, I think we can keep transit discussions here.

The building on Notre Dame looks great!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 3:24 PM
TL;DR

Notre Dame does look good, but I'm surprised at how short it looks. I was expecting several more stories.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 4:43 PM

Boat?

In Tennis's photo of the triangle building on Howard and St. Joseph, the building directly to the east, across the parking lot, looks like it has a boat on the roof.

I checked Google maps, and it wasn't there.

Does anyone know what the building is, and why there was a boat on the roof?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2013, 1:33 AM

Got an e-mail blurb from the city announcing that tomorrow 10:30 am will be groundbreaking for conversion of Milne Boys Home to NORD headquarters. No info other than will cost 11.2 million; mix of FEMA, City bond, and state capital outlay money.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations