HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 1, 2016, 9:06 PM

steel is going up on the mclauglin plaza

Last edited by Ammn_guy; Nov 1, 2016 at 9:16 PM.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 9:54 AM

What we thought was going to be an A&W at McLaughlin Place, looks like it is really going to be a Subway per T&T.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 10:29 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
What we thought was going to be an A&W at McLaughlin Place, looks like it is really going to be a Subway per T&T.
Interesting. While Pharmasave, the medical clinic and Guacamole were all confirmed, A&W has always been just a rumour. They do have a sign on site looking for a franchisee though. I guess the second drive thru pad on site is destined for A&W (if a franchisee can be found).

Personally, I think this would be a great place for an A&W. they have four locations already in metro (I think) and are quite popular. There isn't a location in this neighbourhood however and the proximity to UdeM would be a big plus.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Interesting. While Pharmasave, the medical clinic and Guacamole were all confirmed, A&W has always been just a rumour. They do have a sign on site looking for a franchisee though. I guess the second drive thru pad on site is destined for A&W (if a franchisee can be found).

Personally, I think this would be a great place for an A&W. they have four locations already in metro (I think) and are quite popular. There isn't a location in this neighbourhood however and the proximity to UdeM would be a big plus.
Yes 4 locations. Plaza Blvd, magnetic hill, Champlain street and Champlain Place.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 4:42 PM

Quote:

Actually, I'd be curious to see their sales numbers. The location on Plaza and the one co-located with the Petro Can on Mountain Rd. are usually fairly quiet. I drive by on Mapleton 3-4 times a day and rarely ever see more than 1-2 cars and the few times I've gone to the Plaza location to eat in, the staff was sitting around idle and chatting between themselves. And then the Subway in the Needs... I haven't been in years mind you but from back when I used to go often there was a line up regardless of the time of day (or night).

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 5:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The drive thru at the Plaza Blvd location is usually busy (personal experience).

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 7:31 PM

I stop in at the Subway in the Needs on Morton Ave. once every month or so and they are busy enough but like the owner in the article says when they have a brand new place plus a drive through they can expect to be a lot busier.
I live out that way and a new Tim's would do wonders (I know... I know....) because it's tough to get in and out of their Mill Road location as it's usually so busy.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 8:50 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Actually, I'd be curious to see their sales numbers. The location on Plaza and the one co-located with the Petro Can on Mountain Rd. are usually fairly quiet. I drive by on Mapleton 3-4 times a day and rarely ever see more than 1-2 cars and the few times I've gone to the Plaza location to eat in, the staff was sitting around idle and chatting between themselves. And then the Subway in the Needs... I haven't been in years mind you but from back when I used to go often there was a line up regardless of the time of day (or night).
Truth be told, I think A&W and subway at magnetic hill missed amazing opportunities, I work near both of these locations and sometimes I go out for lunch and I almost always go to McDonalds because no one likes eating in the middle of a store. A&W and Subway both don't feel natural to eat inside at these stores, not to mention Tim Hortons out there. Especially true in the summer.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
Truth be told, I think A&W and subway at magnetic hill missed amazing opportunities, I work near both of these locations and sometimes I go out for lunch and I almost always go to McDonalds because no one likes eating in the middle of a store. A&W and Subway both don't feel natural to eat inside at these stores, not to mention Tim Hortons out there. Especially true in the summer.
I tend to Agree with you there. A&W could have easily been built as a stand alone restaurant right next to the Petro Canada, and I think the Tim's, and Subway would have made more sense as stand alone locations on Ensley Drive right at the corner of Ensley Dr., and Mountain Rd.

But pretty sure that thought never crossed anyone involved's mind at the time.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 3:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It appears that the Shannex retirement home project (in association with UdeM) on Morton will be called Faubourg du Mascaret

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 4:20 PM

Place McLaughlin Place has changed their name to Place Morton Place. They've posted some pics on their Facebook page too
https://www.facebook.com/mclaughlinp...78533904188855

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 6:39 PM

I noticed today that there is some site prep work going on at the site where the new Home Hardware is supposed to go off of Elmwood. Has anyone heard about what is going on? Is work finally starting now that the road upgrades are complete?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 7:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
I noticed today that there is some site prep work going on at the site where the new Home Hardware is supposed to go off of Elmwood. Has anyone heard about what is going on? Is work finally starting now that the road upgrades are complete?
Nothing official, but I suspect it's initial site prep work for the new Elmwood Home Hardware & Building Supplies.

1- They stated the other year they were going to wait until the roadwork was done.
2- The work is being done on the back of the property where the store is supposed to be built.

The remainder of the Elmwood Centre project is up in the air, but the project is owned by the Home Hardware franchisee, so they will plunge ahead regardless, with the hope of developing the remainder of the property down the road.......

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 10:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Place McLaughlin Place has changed their name to Place Morton Place. They've posted some pics on their Facebook page too
https://www.facebook.com/mclaughlinp...78533904188855
I wonder why the name change (aside from the fact the development faces Morton rather than McLaughlin)?

Here are a couple of photos form their Facebook page:

Pharmasave

Subway

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 2:05 AM

Quote:
I wonder why the name change (aside from the fact the development faces Morton rather than McLaughlin)?

Here are a couple of photos form their Facebook page:

Pharmasave
Their Facebook page list this site as the Future site of Guacamole Mexican Streetfood and not Pharmasave.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 2:22 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yes, and Pharmasave too.......

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 2:27 PM

Quote:

Yes, and Pharmasave too.......
It'll be in the third building, not this strip.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 4:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting, I thought they would have built the Pharmasave first, it was the first business that they announced for Morton Place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in other news, I see that the Francophone Sud school board is starting to agitiate for a new K-8 school in the neighbourhood to address overcrowding problems at Le Mascaret and l'Odyssee. They want it built on the vision lands somewhere.

If the city bites the bullet, and extends LJR Blvd all the way through to McLaughlin (as part of the Shannex Parkland development), I could see a new francophone school going in along LJR someplace.........

All this of course is years away (probably at least 5-7 years).

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 7:54 PM

Quote:

Interesting, I thought they would have built the Pharmasave first, it was the first business that they announced for Morton Place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in other news, I see that the Francophone Sud school board is starting to agitiate for a new K-8 school in the neighbourhood to address overcrowding problems at Le Mascaret and l'Odyssee. They want it built on the vision lands somewhere.

If the city bites the bullet, and extends LJR Blvd all the way through to McLaughlin (as part of the Shannex Parkland development), I could see a new francophone school going in along LJR someplace.........

All this of course is years away (probably at least 5-7 years).

Massive overcrowding issues in schools in Moncton. Province will build a new on in 5-7 Years, and be talking about a new one, or two because of the mass influx in population that surpasses the need for more schools.

I do love the fact there actually talking about new schools but the province seems to be going way to slow with the planing, and building of schools.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 2:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now structural steel being installed for the second retail strip building in the Morton Place development. This is presumably the building that will house Pharmasave.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces