HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 3, 2021, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
I thought I had read (on here?) that the proposed project at the old Maloney's site on 4th Ave. was dead (but I can't seem to find where I might have read that).

Anyway, AZBEX is listing it in its Top 10 AZ projects for multi-family living currently in design. Hadn't heard much on it in a while so figured I'd update:

9. Partners on Fourth Mixed-Use

Partners on Fourth is planned as a 13-story building housing totaling 323 luxury rental units. Like The Ragsdale, this project will include ground floor retail and parking. It will also include one subgrade level. Partners on Fourth is replacing the Maloney’s Tavern Building at 213 N. 4th Avenue in Tucson.

The Opus Group is the developer, architect and general contractor for this $63.7M-$73M project. The Opus Group is waiting on the land sale to close before moving forward.

https://azbex.com/top-10-az-multifam...cts-in-design/https://azbex.com/top-10-az-multifam...cts-in-design/
Partners on Fourth LLC does own the land. That's in the city records. But ironically I cant find the renderings on the Opus Group website? Maybe it is dead.

Old Posted May 3, 2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
I thought I had read (on here?) that the proposed project at the old Maloney's site on 4th Ave. was dead (but I can't seem to find where I might have read that).

Anyway, AZBEX is listing it in its Top 10 AZ projects for multi-family living currently in design. Hadn't heard much on it in a while so figured I'd update:

Partners on Fourth is planned as a 13-story building housing totaling 323 luxury rental units. Like The Ragsdale, this project will include ground floor retail and parking. It will also include one subgrade level. Partners on Fourth is replacing the Maloney’s Tavern Building at 213 N. 4th Avenue in Tucson.

The Opus Group is the developer, architect and general contractor for this $63.7M-$73M project. The Opus Group is waiting on the land sale to close before moving forward.

https://azbex.com/top-10-az-multifam...cts-in-design/https://azbex.com/top-10-az-multifam...cts-in-design/
I think it was mentioned in passing at a Rio Nuevo meeting.

Old Posted May 5, 2021, 8:57 AM

Quote:

I think I posted something awhile ago about it being dead in conjunction to a video about a new development for shipping container housings on Stone. They had a community meeting and one member of the 4th ave coalition present asking questions had mentioned they shot down the Opus development and they ended up not going through because they couldn't secure GPLET.

https://m.facebook.com/stackhouseliving/

Video is posted on July 30, 2020 and it starts at 29 min of when they mentioned it but perhaps it's not the same development then...or it's renewed w/o GPLET

Last edited by andrewsaturn; May 5, 2021 at 9:43 AM.

Old Posted May 5, 2021, 9:02 AM

Furthermore, it looks like Stackhouse is building their first one in Denver! They mentioned in a post they hope to build one in Downtown Tucson after. So looks like it's still potentially happening.

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 5:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Pretty sure the city would make things work if someone came along and wanted to build above the height limit. That's not what's preventing construction beyond that point right now, though.
You're correct. I contacted the City Clerks office about why there is a 300' height limit in downtown and how to go about changing that. The zoning administer said while that height is on the books...all of downtown is in an IID (Infill Incentive District) overlay. This overlay, he said, allows buildings to go higher if they want. So I guess no developer wants to build anything higher.

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 8:16 PM

Nor-Gen Devlopment

Has anyone heard any updates for the Nor-Gen Arena Site downtown? The Rio Nuevo board seems to only discuss it in executive session which means the public has no access. We know Allan Norville defaulted on his agreement in Sept 2020. They quickly proposed a subpar outdoor arena. But we haven't heard much since. Seems Rio Nuevo have been talking a lot with lawyers in executive sessions. So are they preparing to sue Nor-Gen? Maybe buy the land back from him? Someone must know something.

Old Posted May 21, 2021, 3:33 PM
Todo para la familia

Ajo Marketplace

Drove on Ajo Way yesterday and saw the Ajo Marketplace Lot being cleared out by several construction vehicles. Didn't realize this thing was already starting.

Pulling the PDF link from Kaneui's Google Map of Tucson Developments for your reference.

http://www.cradvisorsllc.com/pro/Fly...%202.19.21.pdf

Rudy's and Raising Cane's are the anchor tenants it looks like, wonder what else they will put.

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locofresh55 View Post
Drove on Ajo Way yesterday and saw the Ajo Marketplace Lot being cleared out by several construction vehicles. Didn't realize this thing was already starting.

Pulling the PDF link from Kaneui's Google Map of Tucson Developments for your reference.

http://www.cradvisorsllc.com/pro/Fly...%202.19.21.pdf

Rudy's and Raising Cane's are the anchor tenants it looks like, wonder what else they will put.
It was on the agenda at last week's Tucson City Council Meeting (https://tucsonaz.onbaseonline.com/18...1537&doctype=2). Agenda item 7.i.

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 11:13 PM

Article about a new strategic development plan from Sun Corridor. The bottom of the article has a link to the plan.

Sun Corridor Inc. Releases The Pivot Playbook Recovery Plan Redefines Tucson’s Economy in a Post-Pandemic World

Old Posted May 24, 2021, 5:28 PM

For tomorrow's RN meeting, there is a possible agreement on an entertainment project coming. Any idea what this is?

Public session begins at 2pm if you decide to listen in. Click on the web link in the Agenda page. It's sometimes just black when the video pops up but after a few minutes you will see people come on. These meetings are very informative.

Old Posted May 24, 2021, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
For tomorrow's RN meeting, there is a possible agreement on an entertainment project coming. Any idea what this is?

Public session begins at 2pm if you decide to listen in. Click on the web link in the Agenda page. It's sometimes just black when the video pops up but after a few minutes you will see people come on. These meetings are very informative.
My almost totally unfounded (although I think reasonable) guess is a downtown-area FC Tucson stadium.

Old Posted May 24, 2021, 8:52 PM

Quote:

Yea, I would guess it has something to do with that awful outdoor amphitheatre that Nor-Gen proposed. Someone please listen to the session and let us know. They dont keep an audio recording of the zoom meetings and wont release the transcript for a month before the next meeting. I would but i have a meeting tomorrow right at this time.

Old Posted May 24, 2021, 10:43 PM

Take this with 10 pounds of salt...I could be spreading a bad rumor, BUT for conversation sake I'll throw it in the hat of ideas. The "entertainment" project could be a facility for a sports team. May not be the same project that RN is referring to, but heard a downtown-ish facility is being explored.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 8:03 AM

It might also have something to do with the AZ State Film Tax Incentives they spoke of last session. I've heard rumors they've been trying to lure production companies to town as I know a few tv-series inquiries have been talked about. (I've been somewhat involved with this). So it might be film-industry "entertainment" related...which would be phenomenal. If they could lure a production company to town that could really change the trajectory of the film industry in Tucson which was HUGE until the late 90s here.

And we cant forget the ongoing discussions of new operators for Old Tucson Studios. If its a major company they'll probably want some kind of headquarters and that could be downtown while the amusement park/filming location is concentrated onsite.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 4:18 PM

Looks like a USAF "innovation hub" has taken over the Connect Coworking space in the Rialto block and should be opening next month.

https://www.airforcemag.com/arcwerx-...e-total-force/

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 8:59 PM

Quote:
My almost totally unfounded (although I think reasonable) guess is a downtown-area FC Tucson stadium.
Ooops! I just saw this post...so you must have heard the same rumor

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 9:43 PM

RN meeting May 25, 2021 recap:

They had a super short meeting today with a few important update:

-SWAIM says steel is going up for the new meeting space west of the TCC and should be done by January. Music hall renovation should be ready by September, Site work undergoing at the Eckbo Plaza and water should be back in it by September! Says that water will be more shallow due to safety risks.
Adding LED ribbon boards to the TCC.

** Side note: I noticed the blue print or I think is the blue print for the Ronstadt center project still in his office on the back wall so that is still in works I hope.

-Entertainment project is referring to the Major Film Production which would take place within the RN district. They made a motion for a rent subsidy for a studio to let the producers know of the incentives. We should know within a few days to weeks if they choose us. Fingers crossed.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 9:46 PM

Quote:
That was be Uh-mazing but don't they a stadium style venue planned for the new Kino Sports complex south expansion?

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
That was be Uh-mazing but don't they a stadium style venue planned for the new Kino Sports complex south expansion?
Wish more could be said, but alternatives I believe are being looked at.

Old Posted May 26, 2021, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtucsonboy77 View Post
Ooops! I just saw this post...so you must have heard the same rumor
Ha. Wondering if you heard this from the same person as me. You can't get more dialed in to FC Tucson than the person I spoke to, so I trust that we'll hear something about this soon.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest