HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 7:31 PM

...with a theoretical (I don't think so, really...) 50 storey.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 7:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

You have the 50 storey building on the wrong side of the courthouse. It would be to the right, bordering Downing Street.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

You have the 50 storey building on the wrong side of the courthouse. It would be to the right, bordering Downing Street.
I had no idea where to place it, to be honest. I haven't heard anybody say where it would even be... I just took a shot lol

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 8:01 PM

delete

Last edited by tw31; Jan 29, 2024 at 8:18 PM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 8:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashe View Post
I had no idea where to place it, to be honest. I haven't heard anybody say where it would even be... I just took a shot lol
Stick it close to Blue Cross. Between Blue Cross and the old provincial jail.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 8:39 PM

I drove by Infinity's lot into Assumption, passing by the Three Sisters, and then to Vaughn Harvey right by the tomato building. It's so nice to see progress and growth in action.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashe View Post
You can also add the Tannery Place and Tomato building.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 9:25 PM

If the 50 storey-building does happen, they best put an observatory deck/restaurant or bar at the top floors. That will for sure bring in money. Even if we don't have as much natural scenery as other cities, the novelty will for sure attract patrons.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 9:44 PM

I'll take a stab at a few of the other buildings tomorrow. I literally did those few in about 20 minutes the first time ever trying to add a 3d polygon to Google Earth while watching a how-to video on my second screen.

The base google map is a bit out of date... there are probably more to add.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 10:08 PM

In order to set the stage for Ashford Properties, I hope that the city is able to get a lot of the Assomption area infrastructure work done this summer. Meanwhile Ashford is coming along with their Lorentz Drive development. According to their website, the first building will come on line sometime this year.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new kid in town View Post
If the 50 storey-building does happen, they best put an observatory deck/restaurant or bar at the top floors. That will for sure bring in money. Even if we don't have as much natural scenery as other cities, the novelty will for sure attract patrons.
At 50s you could probably see the ocean and make out the confederation bridge if they have binocular's. I highly doubt they would go in that direction though lol.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonGoldenTri View Post
At 50s you could probably see the ocean and make out the confederation bridge if they have binocular's. I highly doubt they would go in that direction though lol.
Yeah for sure. Even I am dubious it's happening. I'd love to be proven wrong though

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 1:35 AM

I know the 50 storey seems far fetched.

But I'm telling you, when ICON came out with their 30, Ashford went back to the drawing board.

Will it make sense in the economic climate? Perhaps not.

But also, perhaps.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 1:45 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riberview View Post
I know the 50 storey seems far fetched.

But I'm telling you, when ICON came out with their 30, Ashford went back to the drawing board.

Will it make sense in the economic climate? Perhaps not.

But also, perhaps.
If Ashford wants the tallest tower in Moncton, all he needs to do is go to 35 storeys. This is more reasonable.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
If Ashford wants the tallest tower in Moncton, all he needs to do is go to 35 storeys. This is more reasonable.
Possibly less if ICON reduces the floor count. I hope they stick to 30, and I also don't think we'll see an Ashford 50 storey building.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 2:47 AM

I don't see ICON going below 30 unless something unexpected happens. Looking at the skyline renders made elsewhere, a 30 story tower doesn't seem out of place.

50 stories is hard to imagine, but at the same time it is "only" 15 more than the NBTel tower, so it probably wouldn't be too out of place on the skyline, especially with the other projects going up.

It's going to be an interesting year in Moncton in any case. Wish Freddy would see some more activity; we need it and we've got some prime spots downtown waiting for development.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 10:14 AM

I certainly think these are exciting times to be in Moncton. The only possibly negative thing I see from these developments (sisters, brothers, St Bernard, Icon, Ashford) is how linear they are and how spread out. I would think a cluster could do more to create street level businesses, activity and a "downtown core"

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
I certainly think these are exciting times to be in Moncton. The only possibly negative thing I see from these developments (sisters, brothers, St Bernard, Icon, Ashford) is how linear they are and how spread out. I would think a cluster could do more to create street level businesses, activity and a "downtown core"
I'm not worried about that at all, since all these projects were not part of DT's vision. These recent projects are all "bonuses" so I dont think you'll get too many complaints. Behind Assumption is were the main project is set to begin, which will stretch from blue cross to the three sisters. In scale it is probabaly about 2x larger than the fundy quay project. They started infrastructure upgrades last year but the project will take 15-20 year to complete.

The rumored 50s building, whether it is 35 or 50, is likely the first domino for this massive project. Expect some news this spring/summer as per MonctonRad.

Last edited by MonctonGoldenTri; Jan 30, 2024 at 12:56 PM.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
In due time, infilling will happen where the core will become taller. Right now, vacant lots are getting all the love for the projects that require a bigger footprint. That being said, we're seeing a lot of older rundown houses being plowed down for 6-story apartment buildings in the downtown area. I think you'll start to see Assumption (and the new street crossing the pavement jungle) become the "new" downtown and Main St will become one-way or even a pedestrian-only street.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaygull View Post
In due time, infilling will happen where the core will become taller. Right now, vacant lots are getting all the love for the projects that require a bigger footprint. That being said, we're seeing a lot of older rundown houses being plowed down for 6-story apartment buildings in the downtown area. I think you'll start to see Assumption (and the new street crossing the pavement jungle) become the "new" downtown and Main St will become one-way or even a pedestrian-only street.
Great point! I hope they bump up those builds to 8-10s though.

I think most people in the province will be in shock once they start announcing the "core" DT projects. With the exception of people on this forum no one has any idea just how massive the upcoming project is.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces