HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 4:29 PM

Am I looking at the renders right, is this building going to be built over Elliott Street to meet Centennial Park Drive?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner_Terminus View Post
Am I looking at the renders right, is this building going to be built over Elliott Street to meet Centennial Park Drive?
Yes. I don't believe the building will extend over Elliott St, but a plaza will.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 11:11 PM

Appears you are right. Went back and looked at the renderings and there does seem to be quite a distance between the building and the road. Its just full of trees, people and landscaping. Super exciting and can't wait to see them get to section in particular. It will be cool to drive around under these, kind of like Chicago's subterranean roads.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 11:15 PM

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 2:35 AM

Now that the apartments are above ground, the hotel has been getting more attention. I wonder if they wanted to focus efforts on getting a tower above grade as a show of progress to the public, and now that that's happened they can work on getting the hotel above grade.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 4:26 AM

I wonder why they chose to make Mitchell Street more of a backdoor entrance & whether that's a good idea long term for South Downtown

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
I wonder why they chose to make Mitchell Street more of a backdoor entrance & whether that's a good idea long term for South Downtown
I think it's because of the grade difference. Mitchell Street is lower and passes under Centennial Olympic Park Dr at this intersection, so the apartment tower can't really face both. I do hope the Mitchell street level isn't just a blank wall though, hard to tell in the rendering but at least it shows a sidewalk with greenery.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2024, 11:18 PM

The rest of their future development on Mitchell should help to make it walkable.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 9:50 PM

From this Rough Draft Atlanta article from today:

"A 230-unit apartment building with 5,000 square feet of retail as part of the Spring Street phase of the project is expected to break ground in six months, he added. There is interest for another boutique hotel on a sliver of land across the street from the former Elliott Street Pub, he said, and a groundbreaking for that project could happen next year."

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
From this Rough Draft Atlanta article from today:

"A 230-unit apartment building with 5,000 square feet of retail as part of the Spring Street phase of the project is expected to break ground in six months, he added. There is interest for another boutique hotel on a sliver of land across the street from the former Elliott Street Pub, he said, and a groundbreaking for that project could happen next year."
I'm not sure what this means but it sounds exciting.
And it's great that they're planning a lot more residential than the original plan.

Quote:
McGowan said there is more than 3 million square feet of retail interest in Centennial Yards. Negotiations continue and announcements on tenants are expected to be announced later this year.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 5:02 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but jumping over to Spring seems like a weird move. if this were my project I would focus on the lot directly behind the Russell Building next, and work on getting the city to reduce Mitchell to 2 lanes and expanding those sidewalks. If they can get one corner of the neighborhood to where it's working, they can move onto the rest later.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but jumping over to Spring seems like a weird move. if this were my project I would focus on the lot directly behind the Russell Building next, and work on getting the city to reduce Mitchell to 2 lanes and expanding those sidewalks. If they can get one corner of the neighborhood to where it's working, they can move onto the rest later.
I think the building they are talking about is the parking lot of the old southern railroad headquarters building they just renovated. The parking lot facing the tracks will be redeveloped into a mid rise. The Elliot street proposal is another one that has been in the works for several years now. I believe this area is not contingent on the massive infrastructure required at the gultch sites so it makes sense they move forward with this first. I also believe residential is easier to lease out and full residential will help leasing efforts with retail when that finishes out

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
I think the building they are talking about is the parking lot of the old southern railroad headquarters building they just renovated. The parking lot facing the tracks will be redeveloped into a mid rise. The Elliot street proposal is another one that has been in the works for several years now. I believe this area is not contingent on the massive infrastructure required at the gultch sites so it makes sense they move forward with this first. I also believe residential is easier to lease out and full residential will help leasing efforts with retail when that finishes out
Correct. The 230-unit apartment project is the one adjacent to the loft apartment building.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 7:18 PM

Delete.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 5:18 AM

Would upvote y'all if it were an option. Y'all have any ideas or wishes for this area? I would like see something done with Trinity Avenue to make it more pedestrian friendly. Maybe south of the new apartment building and Steele (Nelson Street) bridge they can build some type of plaza that connects to Trinity.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2024, 5:48 PM

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 10:25 PM

Centennial Yards aims to fill Downtown Atlanta parking lots with people

The article doesn't have a lot of new information except the data for downtown housing.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...Pos=3#cxrecs_s
  • Downtown's supply of for-sale units: 5,050
  • Downtown's supply of for-rent units: 11,482
  • Downtown's supply of student beds: 10,244
  • Downtown residential units under construction: 950
  • Downtown residential units in planning pipeline: 1,900
  • Downtown population growth (2015 to 2020): 32%

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 5:52 PM

Elevator shaft heading to street level.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 6:56 PM

Really excited to see the Hotel catching up to the Apartment. Can't wait til they both finish their podiums and then really start climbing up.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 8:36 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta