HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 4:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I have heard that Irving still intends to build a new Big Stop on the NE corner of the Elmwood/Caledonia intersection near the TCH interchange. They have been waiting for all the dust to settle around the roadwork on Elmwood Drive. I would hope that construction will begin next year.

Also, there is now a very fancy entrance built for the Elmwood Centre. This was put in as part of the compete overhaul of Elmwood Drive north of the TCH. Again, with the roadwork nearing completion, I would expect construction (at least on a part) of the Elmwood Centre to begin next year. At the very least, the new Elmwood Home Hardware & Building Materials complex should be started.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I have heard that Irving still intends to build a new Big Stop on the NE corner of the Elmwood/Caledonia intersection near the TCH interchange.
Awesome! Have you heard anything about Superstore? It's been a while but I remember them being one of the rumoured businesses looking at this location.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 4:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Awesome! Have you heard anything about Superstore? It's been a while but I remember them being one of the rumoured businesses looking at this location.
Sorry, I have no new information on the Superstore.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 4:39 PM

Quote:
I have heard that Irving still intends to build a new Big Stop on the NE corner of the Elmwood/Caledonia intersection near the TCH interchange. They have been waiting for all the dust to settle around the roadwork on Elmwood Drive. I would hope that construction will begin next year.

Also, there is now a very fancy entrance built for the Elmwood Centre. This was put in as part of the compete overhaul of Elmwood Drive north of the TCH. Again, with the roadwork nearing completion, I would expect construction (at least on a part) of the Elmwood Centre to begin next year. At the very least, the new Elmwood Home Hardware & Building Materials complex should be started.

Talking to a friend of mine, and she is usually good on these things.

She told me from the Back left coming towards Elmwood has already been decided. as Home Hardware all the way in the back of the lot, and next to that would be Superstore the 8 unit strip beside the potential Superstore might already have tenants for once its build but that not necessarily the case. 2 Drive trues not stated.

Opposite side Drug Store/Doctors offices, Restaurant Next door, and potentially a Superstore gas Bar.

I do hope at least some of those services will be there will make it walkable for residents of Pine Tree Mini home park, and other residents in that area.

What I've listed are not necessarily the tenants but potential tenants.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Talking to a friend of mine, and she is usually good on these things.

She told me from the Back left coming towards Elmwood has already been decided. as Home Hardware all the way in the back of the lot, and next to that would be Superstore the 8 unit strip beside the potential Superstore might already have tenants for once its build but that not necessarily the case. 2 Drive trues not stated.

Opposite side Drug Store/Doctors offices, Restaurant Next door, and potentially a Superstore gas Bar.

I do hope at least some of those services will be there will make it walkable for residents of Pine Tree Mini home park, and other residents in that area.

What I've listed are not necessarily the tenants but potential tenants.
I work at Superstore and when this thing gets built next year it will have home hardware and the big stop and that's probably it for now. I can 100% confirm at this point, there is no immediate plans to build a superstore in this location.

This is not to say there won't be one there eventually, but for now nothing is being built

Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 9:07 PM

Here are a few updated photos from the Facebook Retail page.

First, steel is going up for the new Dollarama on Filles de Jesus drive. (Next to Sobeys off Elmwood).

Elmwood Plaza has some new development with United Performance and Jacks.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2016, 1:18 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is definite site preparation going on for this project next to the Fairfield Inn on Marriott Drive.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 9:20 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

We now have a site plan for the Caledonia Industrial Estates South Subdivision

Access will be via Filles de Jesus Avenue and also from Price Street.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2016, 4:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

NBNYer found these two new renders of the Shannex UdeM retirement home project. I'm reposting them here because this falls in the [Moncton] East development area, and because previous discussions on this project have been in this thread.

Note the two 5 storey buildings on the west side of the development that have yet to be built. I presume this is "phase two".

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 11:52 AM

Big Mistake?

Moncton High will potentially have to do a whole lot of fundraising to fix this issue. The sports field at the new Moncton High School was built a tad bit to short, and will have to be expanded before the Purple Knights will be able to host any games.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 12:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Did they hire an American architect (100 yds vs 110 yds)?

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:

from what I was reading in the T&T, and found out from people who have found the issue that's about the extent of the issue.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 12:15 PM

Regarding the new Home Hardware, etc development on Elmwood by the TCH, I noticed some activity deep inside the property last evening.

They appear to have been doing some more clearing and levelling work. It's past the centre of the property, a little closer to the North West end. Now that the road and infrastructure work is nearing completion, maybe they've decided to get a head start before winter.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 12:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Could be. The only confirmed tenant of this development is the Home Hardware store, and this is where they were going to build, at the back end of the property........

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 10:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see that the walls have now been put up for the new A&W at McLaughlin Place.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 6:07 PM

Quote:

Pretty big difference. It needs to be an extra 30 yards longer and about 12 yards wider. Besides an extra 10 yard field, the endzones are 20 yards deep and not 10 yards like american football.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 12:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This photo is from the Retail Talk & Share site on Facebook:

The walled structure is presumably the new A&W at McLaughlin Place. The foundation in the foreground is probably for the new Pharmasave, although I find the orientation of this photo a little confusing..........

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 7:06 AM

Quote:
This photo is from the Retail Talk & Share site on Facebook:

The walled structure is presumably the new A&W at McLaughlin Place. The foundation in the foreground is probably for the new Pharmasave, although I find the orientation of this photo a little confusing..........

Oh good I'm not the only one who finds it disorienting. I seen it, and thought someone posted the wrong picture.

I do not seem to recall any blue house anywhere near

On another note seems google map got a head start on this: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/McL....7799376?hl=en

I walked by the site today, and it seems there building the A&W facing the parking lot. I still find this a little strange since all fast food restaurants, and coffee shops all seem to face the road.

Last edited by Scarface; Oct 25, 2016 at 6:42 PM.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2016, 10:17 PM

I've just noticed that Nova International put up a sign advertising their new location on the south side of the TCH just east of Elmwood in the new Caledonia development. I'm not sure if this has been reported here before.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 3:07 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I've just noticed that Nova International put up a sign advertising their new location on the south side of the TCH just east of Elmwood in the new Caledonia development. I'm not sure if this has been reported here before.
Interesting, Nova International corresponds to the Kubota tractor dealership in Salisbury. There was some chatter earlier this year that they were looking to relocate somewhere in the east end.

I wonder how long it will take for the "Caledonia South Subdivision" to really start filling up? It'll certainly be quite a change to see development on both sides of the TCH in this area. The TCH will start feeling like an urban expressway.......

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces