HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
No way a simple mid rise goes on this lot. Far too much money has already been sunk into it. They basically have a 70 million dollar piece of land right?
I did not say simple. I just don’t think it has to be a skyscraper. I forget what constitutes a mid rise but I believe buildings within the 15-25 floor range could turn a profit and make a major impact in the area even if they wouldn’t transform the skyline. I just have hated the last two skyscrapers put up on the mall and disliked the CIM proposal. It looked like more of same boring garbage. What ever they do there I prefer good design over height. Of course, both would be ideal.

Last edited by ozone; Sep 28, 2019 at 7:55 AM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 10:51 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
I did not say simple. I just don’t think it has to be a skyscraper. I forget what constitutes a mid rise but I believe buildings within the 15-25 floor range could turn a profit and make a major impact in the area even if they wouldn’t transform the skyline. I just have hated the last two skyscrapers put up on the mall and disliked the CIM proposal. It looked like more of same boring garbage. What ever they do there I prefer good design over height. Of course, both would be ideal.
I wouldn't mind the current design of it had a pyramidal/dome-ish/cone-head type of crown rather than the one they have now. Too asymmetrical. It looks stupid. I like the glass though.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 6:00 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
No way a simple mid rise goes on this lot. Far too much money has already been sunk into it. They basically have a 70 million dollar piece of land right?
Honestly given this market I would say nothing over 28 stories gets built and if I’m wagering money then I would say 12 to 16 stories for residential with a large component of parking. I think Cal PERS will want to monetize that site with as little risk as possible. Parking in such close proximity to the Golden 1 Center might do that.

Side note: Travis, thank you for your perspective of development in the central city. A lot of us are fans but few have your expertise or connections. I always appreciate reading your point of view.

I'll be returning to the Alamo City at the end of January 2025. I'm thrilled to be returning to the most beautiful city in Texas.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 6:31 PM
Here we stAy

At this point I think it would be outstanding to keep the height of the project as it stands, though I fear we'll see a down-sized proposal in the future. I hope we don't, as there has been article after article lately about how the market could absorb (and really needs) large blocks of class A office space. For now, we have a damn good mixed-use proposal for a new-tallest that should (and again, hopefully) continue forward unchanged (or taller ).

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmotorsport View Post
At this point I think it would be outstanding to keep the height of the project as it stands, though I fear we'll see a down-sized proposal in the future. I hope we don't, as there has been article after article lately about how the market could absorb (and really needs) large blocks of class A office space. For now, we have a damn good mixed-use proposal for a new-tallest that should (and again, hopefully) continue forward unchanged (or taller ).
Even if it were to be downsized, I wish they can maintain the height to at least 435-450 feet. It would still be considered the tallest in the city.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 5:52 PM

3rd and S St Proposal

There's a new proposal for a 5 story apartment building with 190 units near 3rd and S street: https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...235650447.html

Some news on the CADA "Courtyard" project near 14th and O. Construction to start in Dec. 2020, 4 stories, 32-45 units: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article235685452.html

Also, this past Monday, they started moving some dirt around in the vacant lot on 10th and U. Hopefully this means that they are starting work on the 3 story apartment building with 21 units that HK3 proposed: https://www.hk3development.com/projects/10u-mixed-use/

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 6:16 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Yesterday I noticed some excavation work starting on 7th just south of richards blvd. There is a 29 story tower supposed to be coming to the SW corner of Richards and 7th. Perhaps just demo work is starting and the actual construction is a while out

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Yesterday I noticed some excavation work starting on 7th just south of richards blvd. There is a 29 story tower supposed to be coming to the SW corner of Richards and 7th. Perhaps just demo work is starting and the actual construction is a while out
Some new state building right? I hope it would start soon but I don't think they've even released a design for that thing yet

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 3:16 PM

New Sac County courthouse construction slated for early 2020 start

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...lated-for.html

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 8:13 PM

New Bridge

By October 17, they will select the 3 final bridge designs for the I Street Bridge replacement.

Rob Turner from Sactown Magazine provides his thoughts in this piece: http://www.sactownmag.com/October-No...ch-de-Triumph/

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatone82 View Post
New Sac County courthouse construction slated for early 2020 start

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...lated-for.html
I really hope it winds up looking better than the very un-inspiring drawings we've seen.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 7:32 PM
Kodachrome

Colliers International Sacramento | Office Q3 2019

Sacramento's office market moves full speed ahead in the third quarter.

http://colliers-sacramento.com/Marke...port_FINAL.pdf

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 6:07 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactivity View Post
I really hope it winds up looking better than the very un-inspiring drawings we've seen.
It must be a courtroom floorplan sorta thing...but did they really have to chose the same position and basic design as the federal courthouse? Yeesh.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
It must be a courtroom floorplan sorta thing...but did they really have to chose the same position and basic design as the federal courthouse? Yeesh.
I personally don't mind the positioning, etc.. it almost looks like twin towers... in fact, the federal courthouse has at least a more stately design... they should go the distance and make a duplicate. Or something completely different altogether.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 7:44 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Richards & 7th now has construction ongoing.. massive clearing and demo of existing buildings. (29 story Office of State Publishing Tower)

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Richards & 7th now has construction ongoing.. massive clearing and demo of existing buildings. (29 story Office of State Publishing Tower)
I can't find any info on this. Link?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 9:56 PM
Kodachrome

It may or may not be 29 floors.

Click here and then on Bid Related Documents on the right.

Submission of project proposals is the week of November 18th and the Agreement the week of March 16, 2020

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 11:27 PM

It will not be 29 floors. Certain departments can't be housed in the same building. The plan is to have 2 or 4 buildings with a max height of 13 floors per building.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 11:51 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Shornstein Capital Mall Residential Project

They demolished the old stand alone leasing office at 601 CM in preparations for the Shornstein residential project. Having entitlements in hand made all the difference in the world because they seem to be moving quick by California (and Sacramento) standards.

I'll be returning to the Alamo City at the end of January 2025. I'm thrilled to be returning to the most beautiful city in Texas.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb90 View Post
It will not be 29 floors. Certain departments can't be housed in the same building. The plan is to have 2 or 4 buildings with a max height of 13 floors per building.
Where did you get this info?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area