HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Piggybacking on Atlanta3000's recent posts, it really feels like we are on the cusp of some big things here in Atlanta over the next 5 years with all the mega-projects announced recently.
What's really great is how we could potentially have multiple huge projects in many neighborhoods, each of which would really fill in the gap between the intown neighborhoods.

Gulch, Stitch, O4W GA Power, PCM Phase II, 1105 w. peachtree, MetLife, Atlantic Station, Interlock... they all help create a better continuous urban experience for Atlanta.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Overall, I like this project, especially the Spring Street frontage. Some things about it are puzzling, though.

(1) They have apartments right on top of a power substation. Who is going to want to live right next to that? It makes more sense to me to put the residential facing 14th or Spring Street.

(2) They aren't anywhere near to maximizing the FAR for this parcel. They could build almost twice the square footage than what they plan. I think this is a huge missed opportunity in the long term.

(3) It makes no provision for extending 13th street to Williams St. (This is more of a minor gripe)

(4) Since the billboard parcels fronting 14th street are not included in the project, there is going to be an awkward space along 14th Street that you will never be able to do much of anything with. This is one of the main gateways into Midtown from the Connector and doesn't create a desirable first impression. (Apparently, the owners of the billboard parcel are just not interested in selling at any reasonable price - so I can't entirely blame the developer on this one.)

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 5:17 AM

Quote:
The back story is things are definitely further along than the articles alludes to. Google has zeroed in on a couple locations: Quarry Yards, 760 Ralph McGill and Atlantic Station. Additionally there are a shit load of other deals in various stages. At least 2 corporate relocations (not Amazon or Apple) and 20 other tech companies (mostly from outside of Atlanta) looking at Midtown, Buckhead and Beltline for spaces.

Don't believe the Amazon news either because Atlanta is still the front runner. From what I am hearing, Amazon/CoA has focused site selection on the Gulch and they are seriously looking at The Stitch. Also I found further evidence Amazon was looking at Atlanta in early 2016. Furthermore, I believe these early discussion are what lead the CoA to start the feasibility study on The Stitch. Not to mention, the 4.1 acre site at 3rd & Ponce was taken off the market and the ABC cannot get anyone on record to comment if the site was sold. It is also worth noting Cousins Properties owns 3+ acres surrounding AT&T's West Peachtree building. Additionally, Cousins Properties hired the engineering company that designed The Stitch for "Corporate Master Planning + Design Services (see link below) Q2 2016. So if I was a betting person I think The Stitch is probably where Amazon will land.

I posted a tweet from Kasim Reed sometime late last year where he said Atlanta would see $5 Billion in developments coming in the next 3 years. All signs are pointing to data points confirming he was not just talking shit. Just look at the dialogue going on at the State and Local level concerning mass transportation and parks. I have lived in Atlanta since 2004 and these subjects never made headlines. Also follow the money. Developers have proposed massive developments at the Gulch, Summerhill, Underground, Newport South Downtown, PCM expansion, 760 Ralph McGil, Star Metal (31 acres now), MetLife, Quarry Yard, Atlantic Station....it's off the f'en charts.

Exciting times in Atlanta folks!

http://cousinsproperties.com/sites/d...s%20160524.pdf
I could see Amazon in the Stitch,which fits into the type of projects Seattle has been doing for some time and would give supreme viewability for their campus/brand.

I agree though I'll wait till the call is made.

That property across from ATT is very interesting though.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 10:44 AM

Volkswagen searching ATL for NA Headquarters

This might have already been reported here, but Volkswagen is searching ATL for sites for a North American headquarters, per ABC.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 10:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
This might have already been reported here, but Volkswagen is searching ATL for sites for a North American headquarters, per ABC.
Did you mean PSA? https://www.myajc.com/news/local/fre...kKRdhDGqmj7eI/

Volkswagen moved to Northern Virginia in 2007. However it would not surprise me if they moved to Atlanta since they own Porsche.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Did you mean PSA? https://www.myajc.com/news/local/fre...kKRdhDGqmj7eI/

Volkswagen moved to Northern Virginia in 2007. However it would not surprise me if they moved to Atlanta since they own Porsche.
The article states:

"And, it’s not just blue-collar factory jobs that are landing in the state. Porsche Cars North America, Mercedes-Benz USA and PSA Group North America are headquartered in Atlanta. Volkswagen, meanwhile, is said to be scouting sites around Atlanta, sources said."

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 12:13 PM

Hampton Inn near Arts Center

Has this broken ground yet?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 12:23 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Has this broken ground yet?
Yes. Last I saw, a week ago, the site was active with heavy machinery.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:44 PM
BANNED

Renovations Slated for 12-Story Building, "The Peach"

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/new...2018-drc-recap

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Renovations Slated for 12-Story Building, "The Peach"

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/new...2018-drc-recap
As quirky as it is, I'm glad they are keeping that gizmo on top.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 5:55 PM
Closed account

The ABC reported today that:

1. Mercedes-Benz is going to open an innovation center (separate from the HQ) with around two dozen employees. Location TBD.

2. Goodyear selected Atlanta for an "operation support center" in central perimeter, with 40,000 sq. ft. of office space and up to 250 employees.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperpage17 View Post
The ABC reported today that:

2. Goodyear selected Atlanta for an "operation support center" in central perimeter, with 40,000 sq. ft. of office space and up to 250 employees.
Sounds like a good candidate for 100 Northpark of 1117 Perimeter

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 6:31 PM

Has anyone heard anything or seen any movement on any of these projects? Been silent for a while.

1122 Crescent - SLS Hotel
1138 Peachtree - Yoo on Peachtree
811 Peachtree - Eviva Peachtree
Saint Marks Church Tower @5th and Juniper
Arts Center MARTA TOD
Midtown Life Hope Tower @ North Ave & Courtland
Emory Hospital Campus Midtown

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 6:37 PM
Closed account

Quote:
811 Peachtree - Eviva Peachtree
I think everyone just going to pretend this one never existed.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 6:53 PM

The 760 Ralph McGill project is getting bigger. Office space and residential units have increased since originally announced due, in part, to the purchase of an adjoining parcel on Ralph McGill.

If I were a betting man, I would say New City has a tenant lined up - probably a big one. Their timeline is very aggressive.

Why a $750 million project in the Old Fourth Ward may expand
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...urth-ward.html

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 7:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
The 760 Ralph McGill project is getting bigger. Office space and residential units have increased since originally announced due, in part, to the purchase of an adjoining parcel on Ralph McGill.

If I were a betting man, I would say New City has a tenant lined up - probably a big one. Their timeline is very aggressive.

I think the original plan was for 700K of office and has been bumped to 1.1 Million sqft. Definitely something is cooking there.

Quote:
The additional office space also indicates the amount of interest the project is receiving from companies seeking office space along the Beltline. It's worth nothing Jamestown had to keep adding office space to keep up with demand from tenants. Time will tell if New City benefits from the same dynamic.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 7:39 PM

Quote:

Another potential Amazon Site?-- or as we know, a Google site--

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperpage17 View Post
I think everyone just going to pretend this one never existed.
Im pretty sure Eviva is going to break ground on April 1

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 9:00 PM
Student

What is all of that digging going on at the eastern edge of the Atlanta Civic Center Site?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelra View Post
Im pretty sure Eviva is going to break ground on April 1
I think so too!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations