HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
looks like they have demolished the Olivet University building on Fourth, next to the new Moscone Central Subway station. a hotel is supposed to go up there
SFHog found some new renderings from AXIS Architecture + Design, and it's quite an improvement from before:

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 5:34 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Wow, that's a massive improvement. I'm now quite excited for this, beyond the addition of much needed hotel rooms. Everything about it is better.

Street level:

Rooms:

Roof bar:

That bar is going to be hugely popular for parties and other side events with the convention crowd.

Source for the above renderings: Axis Architecture + Design.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post

Rooms:

It looks like you enter the room via the bathroom?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 3:00 AM
heavy user of walkability

keep forgetting to mention that the 510 Townsend St project seems to have started, with at least some initial site prep happening. taken from Caltrain this afternoon

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 5:27 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Is it me, or is that the Pittsburgh skyline?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 5:17 PM
She needs her space

Or could it even be Oklahoma City randomly?

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 2:29 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
keep forgetting to mention that the 510 Townsend St project seems to have started, ...
here as seen from the north, or 'back'. this is from Harriet Alley off of Brannan

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 3:34 AM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post

Is it me, or is that the Pittsburgh skyline?
I think it is Pittsburgh but it looks distorted. Why they didnt put San Francisco back there is quite strange. We have a white building like the one on the right but its not slanted but it looks like a lot of the skyscrapers are distorted and slanted.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 8:36 AM
dazzle me

Quote:
here as seen from the north, or 'back'. this is from Harriet Alley off of Brannan

holy hell does that look like the soma we all used to know and not really love.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 2:53 AM
Build Baby Build

So can we have pre and post election talk now? I voted by mail for a straight pro-housing ticket. Let's hope it is enough. The most important vote for me is the Mission moratorium, I think that is the true test of today's political winds in SF. I'd be amazed if Peskin loses, but if he does, that would be the nail in the coffin for the anti-housing crowd. I hope I am not incredibly disappointed come tomorrow.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 5:16 AM
She needs her space

http://www.sfelections.org/results/20151103/

Aaron Peskin won, barely, against Julie Christensen.

But...

Affordable Housing bond passed
Mission Rock passed with a landslide
The Mission Moratorium went down in flames
AirBnB prop failed (up for debate, could have been a good thing, just not something that needed to be on ballot, and amended by ballot)
And Prop to use surplus public lands for affordable housing up to 120% of AMI passed
And Mayor Ed Lee won (not that he's great, but best hope for housing)

So, I'm not too disappointed. Peskin's a disappointment, but he didn't win by much and he will still have battles to get his way. If he acts the way he did, could be nail in the coffin for him.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 5:23 AM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post

But...

AirBnB prop failed (up for debate, could have been a good thing, just not something that needed to be on ballot, and amended by ballot)
And Prop to use surplus public lands for affordable housing up to 120% of AMI passed

So, I'm not too disappointed. Peskin's a disappointment, but he didn't win by much and he will still have battles to get his way. If he acts the way he did, could be nail in the coffin for him.
As of 9:21PM that is only mail-in ballots, not election day voting results. Also, Wilma Pang's votes are going to be pushed to the second-place candidate on the ballot, which Pang herself asked her supporters to choose Christenson. That 4%, if favored towards Julie, could change the results.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post

But...

At the time of this post, those results only count mail-in ballots.

And, if I'm not mistaken, those are disproportionately likely to skew to the right, pro-development crowd -- though I'm not sure about this.

Point being, we ain't done yet folks.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 6:20 AM

SF is turning into a solidly moderate city. Congratulations!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 6:47 AM

The site is now reporting 100% precincts counted. There are still late arriving mail-ins and provisionals, but those shouldn't change the results much.
  • Prop A: 73% Yes
  • Prop D: 73% Yes
  • Prop F: 55% No
  • Prop I: 57% No
I'm pleasantly surprised with the results. You never know how things will go in these low-turnout elections, but it looks like common sense will prevail.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 8:24 AM
dazzle me

i'm disappointed that the airbnb initiative didn't pass, personally, and i'm very disappointed also to lose christensen (like i was to lose olague). but on balance, it's a good result, on initiatives and elections. lee is auditioning for corporate boards at this point. but peskin is a very good guy, like cares deeply about the city, so even if he's a frustrating character; he's the opposition to the mayor that we've needed for the past years. it's highly frustrating peskin's nimbyis sometimes, but he's actually not anti-development.

i'm a highly pro-development type, but i also live in san francisco, and i think we should pepper peskin with ideas, rather than just being fuckwits rambling on about x or y.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very long weekend View Post
i'm disappointed that the airbnb initiative didn't pass, personally, and i'm very disappointed also to lose christensen (like i was to lose olague). but on balance, it's a good result, on initiatives and elections. lee is auditioning for corporate boards at this point. but peskin is a very good guy, like cares deeply about the city, so even if he's a frustrating character; he's the opposition to the mayor that we've needed for the past years. it's highly frustrating peskin's nimbyis sometimes, but he's actually not anti-development.

i'm a highly pro-development type, but i also live in san francisco, and i think we should pepper peskin with ideas, rather than just being fuckwits rambling on about x or y.
I'm all for having opposition to the mayor, because clearly the guy is running the city unopposed as it stands. So I don't mind having "a Peskin" on the Board. But I agree with the previous poster that this means Central Subway to North Beach and beyond is now likely dead, and that's probably the most important pending development project in San Francisco.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hruski View Post
Central Subway to North Beach and beyond is ... probably the most important pending development project in San Francisco.
Really? More important than Geary BRT? More important than the Caltrain extension? More important than Muni Forward? In terms of "bang for the buck", it rates pretty low for me.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 6:00 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
SF is turning into a solidly moderate city. Congratulations!
Not so fast...! I just listened to a good analysis on KQED's Forum--with Peskin having been elected and much opportunity ahead in the 2016 elections, the progressives are poised for a possible comeback. I don't agree with any optimism here regarding his victory, which wasn't that close.

I too voted for Prop F, yet am pleased with the way all of the other measures went, especially Prop I's defeat. Don't under estimate Aaron Peskin's return to the Board; the progressives now have a majority and he is problematic at best.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 6:14 PM

Peskin was elected by a tiny portion of a tiny district of the city electorate. His election wasn't city- wide and in no way a mandate of what the city wants. I remember this clown the first time around. District elections are akin to republican gerrymandering and all supervisors should be elected city wide, since their decisions effect the entire city. Why must a neighborhood of a city have some sort of sovereign authority? It's ridiculous.

Lee won the city- wide election easily because the "progressives" that the city is so fed up with wouldn't challenge him because they were polling so low and have such low appeal.

I am referring more to the ridiculously "liberal" "progressive" policies, such as the housing moratorium that went up in flames.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations