HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 4:34 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage for Simply for Life at the Granite Centre has been installed. Just like with Wing'n It, there is no evidence of any construction activity going on inside the unit as of yet.

The Trail Shop signage still hasn't been installed.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 4:54 PM

Simply for Life are planning on being open in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Signage for Simply for Life at the Granite Centre has been installed. Just like with Wing'n It, there is no evidence of any construction activity going on inside the unit as of yet.

The Trail Shop signage still hasn't been installed.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2022, 11:48 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

confirmed!!!

LL Bean is coming to CF Champlain.

There is a job posting on line at Indeed.com for a store manager.

Quote:
Store Manager
L.L.Bean Canada
Dieppe, NB
$70,000 a year - Full-time, Permanent

Apply now
Benefits
Pulled from the full job description
Dental care
Extended health care
Life insurance
Store discount
L.L.Bean in CF Champlain (Dieppe) is now hiring a Store Manager!

We are looking for a Store Manager who will be responsible for driving business results, developing talent and ensuring delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience. The successful candidate will communicate and drive Retail strategic initiatives as well as be accountable for profit and loss performance. They will promote the company's core values of Outdoors Heritage, Integrity, Service, Respect, Perseverance and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the integrity of the brand, culture and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld at all times.

L.L.Bean has something for anyone who wants to build a successful career. Love of the outdoors is a common thread among our employees, whether they enjoy active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities. And we’re as passionate about Retail Stores as we are about the outdoors.

Responsibilities

Drives business results, develops talent and ensures delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience for assigned outdoor lifestyle concept retail store.
Communicates and drives Retail strategic initiatives.
Accountable for P & L performance for assigned store.
Promotes the company's core values of Outdoors Heritage Integrity Service Respect Perseverance and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the integrity of the brand culture and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld at all times.
Drives business results in assigned store:

Sets clear direction and communicates consistent priorities.
Inspires and guides team(s) to reach goals and achieve objectives.
Leverages and assigns resources (payroll expenses people) to meet goals.
Creates a disciplined culture focused on excellence in execution.
Ensures adherence to all standard operating procedures including Human Resource Management
Loss Prevention and Safety.
Ensures asset protection and supply control contributing to profit and loss management.
Takes personal accountability for individual results and team decisions.
Develops talent in assigned store:

Sets high standards and clear accountability.
Develops team to deliver legendary customer service in support of L.L. Bean's Golden Rule and Guarantee.
Fosters a deep connection between the team and the brand.
Objectively and accurately assess talent.
Provides frequent and comprehensive performance feedback (written and verbal).
Seizes the opportunity to highlight the achievement of others.
Ensures all leaders address underperformance with urgency and appropriate partnerships.
Identifies high-potential employees and offers challenging assignments as part of their succession planning and development.
Delivers the L.L.Bean customer experience in assigned store:

Drives the elevation of GUIDE / Manager On Duty behaviors.
Holds self and others accountable to L.L. Bean's Golden Rule and Guarantee.
Ensures store actively promotes Learn Try Buy and Enjoy concept through outdoor discovery school walk-on adventures clinics and demonstrations.
Uses customer feedback to influence changes that enhance the customer experience.
Identifies and influences improvements in visual presentation to maximize profitability and results.
Holds self and others accountable for visual presentation standards.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.

Experience Level: 3 Years +

Qualifications

· Minimum 3+ years experience as a Store Manager in relevant traffic volume approx..$3+ Million a year and unit intensity location.

· Demonstrated critical leadership behaviors of being strategic and innovative.

· Strong business acumen with the ability to achieve sales and service goals.

· Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate employees.

· Established time management and organizational skills.

· Established interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.

· Ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively to achieve goals.

· Ability to balance growth and tradition.

· Ability to travel occasionally between stores and outside of Canada if necessary.

An excellent total compensation package
Group Insurance & benefits
Clothing allowance
L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer, committed to sustaining our strengths by welcoming all kinds of people.

We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent

Salary: $70,000.00 per year
Called it!!!!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 2:27 PM

Quote:
confirmed!!!

LL Bean is coming to CF Champlain.

There is a job posting on line at Indeed.com for a store manager.

Called it!!!!

Great sleuthing!
I'm sure CF is quite happy about landing this retailer. It'll be a definite traffic generator for the mall, even moreso than BPS due to LLB being actually inside the mall.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 5:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Great sleuthing!
I'm sure CF is quite happy about landing this retailer. It'll be a definite traffic generator for the mall, even moreso than BPS due to LLB being actually inside the mall.
A combination of deductive reasoning and some sleuthing.

- I knew from reading a Retail Insider article that LL Bean planned on ultimately opening about 25 stores in Canada as part of their northern expansion. Given the size of the Canadian market, I figured this gave Moncton a 50/50 chance of landing a store location.
- LL Bean would be more familiar with the Maritimes than a lot of other brands would be given that their HQ is in Freeport ME, and Maritime licence plates are quite common in their flagship store parking lot. In other words, the CEO of LL Bean has at least a fighting chance of knowing where New Brunswick is.
- I figured that LL Bean might locate either one or two stores in Atlantic Canada (given the size of the Atlantic Canadian market relative to the overall Canadian market). Their first store was in Dartmouth Crossing. A second store remained a possibility.
- Moncton and St. John's would be the next most likely locations for a second store (population base and CMA status). Moncton is central in the Maritime region, and probably would be more familiar to LL Bean than St. John's would be.
- Several of LL Bean's current Canadian stores are in CF properties. LL Bean seems to like either major outdoor centres like Dartmouth Crossing or CF mall properties. The pre-existing relationship between CF and LL Bean would have given Moncton a leg up.
- CF Champlain is the main fashion mall in NB, and had available space. As soon as I saw that they were consolidating a large space in the south wing of the mall, this perked up my interest.
- The consolidated space at CF Champlain is nearly identical to the size of the LL Bean location in Dartmouth Crossing. I thought this to be more than a simple coincidence.
- I received intelligence from a contact regarding some of the materials that were to be used during the renovations at CF Champlain. Although my contact didn't know the name of the retailer, the materials that were planned were identical in style and colour to the Dartmouth Crossing LL Bean store.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, then it is probably a duck........

Last edited by MonctonRad; Apr 10, 2022 at 3:56 PM.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 6:27 PM

Very impressive MonctonRad!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 8:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

CF Champlain has quite the trifecta between Bass Pro Shop, Eddie Bauer and now LL Bean.

While all three superficially service the same clientele, I think there are enough differences between the retailers that they could all survive.

- BPS, while carrying clothing and footwear, are best known for hunting and fishing gear.
- LL Bean (in Canada at least) is known more for high end outdoor and casual apparel.
- Eddie Bauer, while similar to LL Bean, is more mainstream and less expensive, and has a loyal clientele from being in Moncton for about 25 years already. This goes them a big head start. I strongly believe they will survive the arrival of LL Bean.

In addition to the above, there are other outdoor retailers in the city to consider as well, including Ocean Trail Source for Adventure in the Mapleton Centre, and Take It Outside/The Trail Shop in the Granite Centre.

All these stores gives Moncton a strong regional presence in terms of outdoor wear and casual attire, as well as hiking wear, camping, fishing and hunting equipment. We will be a retail destination for people looking for outdoor kit.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2022, 9:58 PM

Posted this over on the Saint John Retail Thread, so I thought I post it here too. Since it also applies for Moncton/Dieppe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
Charmed Aroma is coming to McAllister Place and CF Champlain!
  • Opening May.20th, 2022 at CF Champlain.
  • Opening May.27th, 2022 at McAllister Place.

Source: https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Charmed-Ar...=New+Brunswick

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 2:16 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Starbucks in the Trinity Drive Superstore is now apparently open.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 8:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have removed the scaffolding and construction hoarding from the exterior of the new LL Bean store at CF Champlain.

The store won't be opening for months, but the store is located right at the Codiac Bus stop, and I imagine the scaffolding was a pain in the ass to people waiting for their bus, hence the early removal of the covering.

In any event, you can see where the exterior entrance and outside signage will be located. I'm a little surprised that there is so little window space present. If they were going to redo the entire facade, I would have expected more space for display windows.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Apr 13, 2022 at 10:39 PM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 3:32 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

More CF Champlain News:

Le Château Makes Brick-and-Mortar Comeback with Suzy Shier Partnership
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...WcmJaWpf08GOMA

Quote:
Iconic Canadian fashion brand Le Château is making its comeback in brick and mortar stores with the launch of a new collection of clothing in 37 new concept Suzy Shier locations across the country.
Quote:
We are proud to join our sister brand Suzy in stores now providing a full-service destination for our customers: fashion daywear and workwear at Suzy, while Le Château takes care of all your nighttime and special occasion needs. Le Château also announces the return of its beloved footwear collection
Quote:
Store locations include Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Red Deer, Saskatoon, Toronto, Brampton, Windsor, Burlington, London, Waterloo, Oshawa, Cambridge, North Bay, Ottawa, Montreal, Rosemere, Chicoutimi, Quebec City, St Jerome, Drummondville, Drummondville, St. John’s, and Moncton.
So, le Chateau will be making it's bricks & mortar comeback in a select 37 locations nation-wide, co-locating in new concept stores with Suzy Shier. This will work particularly well in CF Champlain, since Suzy is currently located in the former La Vie en Rose/Bikini Village combo store, which should allow for easy renovations to a combo Suzy/le Chateau store.

CF Champlain is bouncing back from the pandemic quite well, and you can see this by the new stores planning on opening in the mall. I think you could safely say that CF Champlain is considered an upper tier mall in the country:

- LL Bean - there will only be 25 locations in Canada
- Torrid - there are currently less than 25 locations in Canada
- le Chateau/Suzy Shier combo store - only 37 stores in the country.

In all three cases with these new stores, CF Champlain will be only one of two malls in all of Atlantic Canada with these brands. That's not bad at all..........

And there will be more to come. I'm confident Lush may make an announcement sometime later this year, and there are rumours out there that there is interest in the former Victoria's Secret store too.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2022, 1:18 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I know I am flogging a dead horse, but here is an actual CF document regarding Champlain Place that mentions LL Bean as a mall tenant by name.

https://assets.ctfassets.net/p2tvuj4...n_Feb7__1_.pdf

There is no longer any residual doubt.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 5:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Photo from Retail Talk & Share showing renovations ongoing at the Plaza Boulevard Centre for Mezza Lebanese Kitchen (on the left), and on the former Spartan Fitness in the centre of the plaza as well. Rumour is apparently for a Pizza Hut Express location.

If this is truly going to be a Pizza Hut Express, then this certainly calls into question the future of the Pizza Hut restaurant just a little bit further down Mountain Road. The full restaurant is in a bad state of disrepair. Does this mean Pizza Hut plans to abandon the old restaurant???

Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Rumour is apparently for a Pizza Hut Express location.

If this is truly going to be a Pizza Hut Express, then this certainly calls into question the future of the Pizza Hut restaurant just a little bit further down Mountain Road. The full restaurant is in a bad state of disrepair. Does this mean Pizza Hut plans to abandon the old restaurant???
I guess it could happen, is the dining room even still open? I don't think it has re-opened since the pandemic hit. It does look like a tired location. Pizza Hut is a brand that's been hurting for a while and not just in our region. Pizza Hut was hot in the 80's & 90's, you know the good old days!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 7:08 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Photo from Retail Talk & Share showing renovations ongoing at the Plaza Boulevard Centre for Mezza Lebanese Kitchen (on the left), and on the former Spartan Fitness in the centre of the plaza as well. Rumour is apparently for a Pizza Hut Express location.

One of two locations coming to the GMA so I would assume the old location would be closing. In the states they moved away from dine in pizza huts entirely. This is also being confirmed by someone higher up within the Yum Brands organization.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 8:20 PM

Yeah, I've heard that the Freddy Pizza Hut restaurant on Smythe is similarly losing its dine in restaurant. It's been closed since COVID and I don't think there's any indication it will reopen.

Not sure on the status of the store up in Woodstock.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 1:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

T&T has picked up on the LL Bean story.

They contacted the corporate public relations department and all they would say is that "LL Bean plans to issue a news release later this week stating all the Canadian stores slated to open this year", so we will presumably have official confirmation in a few days.

As it stands now, the CF Champlain store would be LL Bean's 9th store in Canada.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 8:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Urban Salon & Spa is moving into the former Regis Salon location in CF Champlain next to Game Stop.

They have pre-existing locations in McAllister Place and Regent Mall.

It will be good to have a haircutting place at the mall again.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 8:46 PM

I've went to pizza hut (dine in) like 2 weeks ago and you had to order yourself and take a seat (no waitress) , floor was disgusting and the place was really run down. but the food was good. so if they don't want to lose their brand image i'd go with an express pick up aswell.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 12:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Reposted from the [Moncton] Northwest thread as this is more than just a neighbourhood story.

Quote:
Stakes are in the ground, and workers and an excavator are on site for the new Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen on Mountain Road next to Arby's.

If Halifax is to be any guide, we should all be prepared for massive traffic jams on Mountain Road in about 6-8 months time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces