HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 11:13 AM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
A huge improvement over what's there now. It adds a new wing along Regent street along with a 4th floor over the entire building, so that's really going to change the look on that corner.

I think I may miss the WAM! sign a little, but it should look great when its done.
Wam Bam shes gone. I am glad they are going to clean that area up some. Anything is better than that old City Motel. I am sure not too much goes on there anyways

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 8:13 PM

Fredericton City Police to crack down on Tim Horton's traffic congestion

Saw this on Fredericton Police Facebook page today. They are going to be cracking down on folks blocking traffic while in the Tim Horton's drive-thru lane. It's about time!

https://www.facebook.com/Fredericton...88840971127180

"We are going to be conducting focused enforcement on Canada and Regent Streets in an effort to curb this behaviour.
What could you be ordering up along with your double-double?
MVA Fines of $172.50 for Unlawfully stopping on a sidewalk, or in front of a public/private driveway, and bylaw fines of $25 for standing/parking between a sidewalk and curb, or where a sign prohibits.
Consider this your fair warning!"

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 11:56 PM

Couldn't agree more, I find that very irritating, personally I think that the drive-thu at the Regent/King tim hortons should be removed, there isnt room for it.

In other news I noticed some equipment on Main St across from Peters today, looks like the land is being cleared for something, not sure what?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Couldn't agree more, I find that very irritating, personally I think that the drive-thu at the Regent/King tim hortons should be removed, there isnt room for it.

In other news I noticed some equipment on Main St across from Peters today, looks like the land is being cleared for something, not sure what?
Plaza owns the land right next to its existing property (Shoppers, etc). The site plan shows a future building right by the road as well as an addition to the building that's set back: http://plaza.ca/portfolio/New_Brunsw...ber%202014.pdf

That standalone building would be a good location for a TD branch considering they're the only one of the big five banks that doesn't have one on the northside.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 1:42 AM

Fredericton Roundabout: Day 8

Today another brilliant Fredericton driver does not know which way to go around a traffic circle. A Checker Taxi Cab to boot! Unbelievable!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUbg95UrVg

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV70 View Post
Saw this on Fredericton Police Facebook page today. They are going to be cracking down on folks blocking traffic while in the Tim Horton's drive-thru lane. It's about time!

https://www.facebook.com/Fredericton...88840971127180

"We are going to be conducting focused enforcement on Canada and Regent Streets in an effort to curb this behaviour.
What could you be ordering up along with your double-double?
MVA Fines of $172.50 for Unlawfully stopping on a sidewalk, or in front of a public/private driveway, and bylaw fines of $25 for standing/parking between a sidewalk and curb, or where a sign prohibits.
Consider this your fair warning!"
Maybe these Tim Hortons locations need to establish a policy of "beverages and ready-made baked goods only" at the Drive-Thru. So frustrating when people order time-consuming items like sandwiches, and multiple cars stack up behind them during the handling time.

Few people seem to have any courtesy about the Drive-Thru anymore. If you're ordering half the damn store, get off your butt and walk the **** inside. Drive-Thru should be used for fast orders only. -_-

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 3:23 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
Maybe these Tim Hortons locations need to establish a policy of "beverages and ready-made baked goods only" at the Drive-Thru. So frustrating when people order time-consuming items like sandwiches, and multiple cars stack up behind them during the handling time.

Few people seem to have any courtesy about the Drive-Thru anymore. If you're ordering half the damn store, get off your butt and walk the **** inside. Drive-Thru should be used for fast orders only. -_-

I agree but to disagree on your statement. Doesn't matter if you want a bagel or a coffee. a Bagel is fast to get ready as well. Bottom line everyone should get out of their car or maybe make your own coffee at home before you go. Problem solved

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 5:33 PM

In today's news an official for the Hampton Inn and Suites stated that the new hotel will open mid-November (6 weeks). Said they have already hired about 3/4 of their staff however hiring is continuing

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
In today's news an official for the Hampton Inn and Suites stated that the new hotel will open mid-November (6 weeks). Said they have already hired about 3/4 of their staff however hiring is continuing
It definitely looks close to finished on the outside. They were working on landscaping last week.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 6:53 PM

If the Hampton Inn, and Suites looks to be finished on the outside Maybe they still have some interior finishing, and there would also be the training of new employees as well so I could see it taking a few weeks longer before they open as stated by Freddypop.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 6:59 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
If the Hampton Inn, and Suites looks to be finished on the outside Maybe they still have some interior finishing, and there would also be the training of new employees as well so I could see it taking a few weeks longer before they open as stated by Freddypop.

It doesn't matter this project was suppose to be finished back in August. What is another week or so

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 11:16 AM

Heard on the news this morning (but it isn't on Fox's website nor any other site I can find) that the Mayor was reconfirming last night that there will be a new Downtown Hotel for the lot next to the convention centre. No details other than it's the same group that owns the Crown Plaza.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Heard on the news this morning (but it isn't on Fox's website nor any other site I can find) that the Mayor was reconfirming last night that there will be a new Downtown Hotel for the lot next to the convention centre. No details other than it's the same group that owns the Crown Plaza.
From UP 93.1:

Quote:
A new hotel is going to be built next to the Fredericton Convention Centre. Mayor Brad Woodside says details will be released after council meets October 13th. The company involved is the Aquilini Investment Group from Vancouver, which also owns the Crowne Plaza.
http://up931.com/news.asp?mn=8&id=920&cc=153&pg=1

This is the same group that owns the Vancouver Canucks

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 2:53 PM

Thanks. Fox still doesn't have it on their local news feed. And Up hadn't had it when I looked this morning.

The Aquilini Investment Group also has a big block of Downtown Moncton next to the new Convention centre. Seems like the group is focusing a fair amount in the Maritimes now.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 5:43 PM

Final Agreement has been signed. Will be ratified and details made public at Oct 13 council meeting including details ie price tag and brand. Same owners as Canucks of NHL

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 6:50 PM

Any bets on branding?

I'm hoping it is of reasonable height and hopefully will have a top floor bar/restaurant (they had mentioned that would be part of the previous proposal that was dropped).

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
Any bets on branding?

I'm hoping it is of reasonable height and hopefully will have a top floor bar/restaurant (they had mentioned that would be part of the previous proposal that was dropped).
The Hotels owned by Aquilini are managed by a subsidiary Pacrim Hospitality Services. Their site shows they own these hotels across the country (not sure how they feel about owning two hotels across the street in a smaller city). The list of brands, assuming they won't make it a Crowne Plaza and make the Beaverbrook something else, gives me hope for Four Points by Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express.

Given the variety of hotels on the list, I think it could be something they don't have anywhere else yet. It could also be a Delta, as that's a great brand and the Fredericton Delta is becoming a Marriott.

I recall hearing a while ago (as part of the original Convention Centre plans) that the hotel would be 8 stories.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 10:25 PM

Construction equipment is in place in Wilmont Park, with temporary fencing up around the wading pool. Looks like they're going to start removing it in preparation for next year's work.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 11:41 PM

Nice to see that moving forward

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 11:42 PM

Thought the Art Gallery construction was supposed to start after HJB. Still quiet there

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces