HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 19, 2015, 4:48 AM

Is it still in Business?

I have been in Fredericton here, and there but it's the first time in a long time that I've been in that end of the city is Fredericton's Amsterdam Inn still in business? We drove by, and It din't seem like there where any cars there. I might have been looking at the wrong building tho. But is it still in business?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2015, 12:44 PM

Amsterdam Inn is indeed open....Located on Bishop Drive. It is the building with the new electronic sign. When did you drive by? Was on Bishop this AM and plenty of cars.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 11:16 AM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post

Actually the new name is "Tony Pepperoni Gourmet Pizza"...same staff, etc and has been open since early August. They closed for several days prior to make the renovations.

Thanks for pointing the correct name out. I wasn't sure I don't have 20/20 Vison and I just saw it while I was pumping gas at fast fuel. Ill have to try it out. Hopefully its better than Jessy pizza was. New owners I am guessing

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 8:14 PM

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Thanks for pointing the correct name out. I wasn't sure I don't have 20/20 Vison and I just saw it while I was pumping gas at fast fuel. Ill have to try it out. Hopefully its better than Jessy pizza was. New owners I am guessing
Not sure about new owners. I could be wrong but I was assuming that they no longer wanted to provide for the franchise fee so decided to re-brand themselves. Just a guess only. At any rate I too hope they offer a better quality product

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Not sure about new owners. I could be wrong but I was assuming that they no longer wanted to provide for the franchise fee so decided to re-brand themselves. Just a guess only. At any rate I too hope they offer a better quality product
Even if it's the same owners I don't think there allowed to use the same products because the recipes for them belong to the company, and not the owner so there menu might be the same but taste completely different...

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 11:12 AM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Im going to try to go sit in the center and test out my Go Pro camera I got. be some good videos for you tube

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 1:20 PM

Do you guys really think it's going to be that chaotic?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post

This is Fredericton we are talking about you know ? Fredericton Skyscraper !

I mean I don't think its going to be horrible I just think the whole double lane is going to throw a lot of people off. There will be some accidents that's for sure. This is not like the regular traffic circles that we have seen in Freddy

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Not really. There are a lot of doom and gloomers out there and a lot of comedians out there basing their acts off of said D&G's, but really it isn't that difficult.

The highway traffic is no where near the levels it was before the Twinned highway went through; I suspect most of the traffic will probably be North/South going to Smythe.

There will probably be some confusion for the next few weeks as the locals learn it, but all in all, it should work pretty smoothly.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 2:18 PM

Royal 'T' Suites this morning. When is the opening date? I can't seem to find Tony George's website, so I'm not quite sure if he renamed the building itself or rebranded his company. Nonetheless, the building is a welcome addition to the skyline.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 2:58 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Not really. There are a lot of doom and gloomers out there and a lot of comedians out there basing their acts off of said D&G's, but really it isn't that difficult.

The highway traffic is no where near the levels it was before the Twinned highway went through; I suspect most of the traffic will probably be North/South going to Smythe.

There will probably be some confusion for the next few weeks as the locals learn it, but all in all, it should work pretty smoothly.

Ah your calling me a comedian Thanks Tally

I am sure everything will be fine. I heard its not too bad out there now. Wonder when the GPS will be updated ?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj6286 View Post

Royal 'T' Suites this morning. When is the opening date? I can't seem to find Tony George's website, so I'm not quite sure if he renamed the building itself or rebranded his company. Nonetheless, the building is a welcome addition to the skyline.
Spring 2016

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 4:07 PM

The video on CBC's article nearly caught what would have been the first accident. Looked like that car right at the start damn near cut off the truck. (Couldn't listen to the audio, so I don't know if they commented on that. )

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 4:45 PM

Yes the reporter did comment on the near miss

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:28 PM

Quote:
The video on CBC's article nearly caught what would have been the first accident. Looked like that car right at the start damn near cut off the truck. (Couldn't listen to the audio, so I don't know if they commented on that. )
Technically the truck cut off the car. The car was already in the circle and the truck should have yielded to the car. The important thing to remember is that when you enter the outside lane of the circle you have to yield to traffic in both lanes because a car on the inside may be exiting the circle to your right.

I drove through the circle twice and the same thing happened to me – I was on the inside lane about to exit when a truck entered that should have yielded to me.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Technically the truck cut off the car. The car was already in the circle and the truck should have yielded to the car. The important thing to remember is that when you enter the outside lane of the circle you have to yield to traffic in both lanes because a car on the inside may be exiting the circle to your right.

I drove through the circle twice and the same thing happened to me – I was on the inside lane about to exit when a truck entered that should have yielded to me.
Interesting. Dumb question is there a posted speed limit in the traffic circle

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Interesting. Dumb question is there a posted speed limit in the traffic circle
I didn't notice anything within the circle but on Route 8 it drops to 60 as you approach the circle. Obviously the vast majority of traffic within the circle will be going a lot slower than that.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 6:19 PM

And we have our first wrong way driver caught on dash cam.

Video Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03FUnruAsiE

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 6:23 PM

Quote:
I didn't notice anything within the circle but on Route 8 it drops to 60 as you approach the circle. Obviously the vast majority of traffic within the circle will be going a lot slower than that.
Actually the Roundabout's limit is 30. It's on the Orange sign with the Roundabout arrows just before you enter it. (Look on the video above to see it at the 8 second mark).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces