HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 11:32 AM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Noticed that signage for the new Pet Valu store has been erected at the former CC on Main Street
That is great to see. Any word on when it will be opening ?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 12:01 PM

Also noticed the Pet Food and Supply store that moved in next to Superstore seems to be closed.

Or at least they were closed on Sunday when I was by there (when their hours have a 12-5 Sunday open normally) and there was a "Thanks for 10 years of service" sign on the window. I haven't been that way since to see what's up.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Also noticed the Pet Food and Supply store that moved in next to Superstore seems to be closed.

Or at least they were closed on Sunday when I was by there (when their hours have a 12-5 Sunday open normally) and there was a "Thanks for 10 years of service" sign on the window. I haven't been that way since to see what's up.

Posted on their Facebook Page:

Animal Essentials

June 22 at 1:43pm ·

It is with regret that we, as owners of Animal Essentials, have decided to close our doors in Fredericton, ending almost a decade of entrepreneurial endeavours as a locally owned store. We have built tremendous relationships with our customers and many of our staff members are a part of what we tried to accomplish. We will be selling our stock at 50 per cent off beginning June 23 (please note that is Tuesday) with the exception of dog and cat food and treats which will be 30 per cent off. Thank you, Brad and Shelley.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 1:04 PM

Thanks. It was a very low key closing from what I could tell. None of the "Going out of business" splashiness that you usually see. While I've been to the Superstore a few times since their announcement, I never realized they were closing up for good. (Then again, I don't have any pets so I don't have reason to notice them usually). Even now, it looked like the store still had a lot of stock in it from what I could see in the windows.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Thanks. It was a very low key closing from what I could tell. None of the "Going out of business" splashiness that you usually see. While I've been to the Superstore a few times since their announcement, I never realized they were closing up for good. (Then again, I don't have any pets so I don't have reason to notice them usually). Even now, it looked like the store still had a lot of stock in it from what I could see in the windows.

Ive been in there once since it moved there in 2013. They mainly sold specialty pet food. My pets eat whatever is on sale at Sobeys/Costco. Probably should fed them the better stuff. I know my sister who lives in Nova Scoita has to get her cat food at a specialty store.

its sad that a local business like that had to close. Makes you wonder how long Pet Valu will last, if that is the same type of store. Its hard to compete with stores like Petsmart and Pets Unlimited

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 9:05 PM

[QUOTE=trev71;7097124]That is great to see. Any word on when it will be opening ?[/QUOTE

Had heard late summer so August or early September?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2015, 9:27 PM

Was in Regent today. Looks like Payless and Bluenotes are moving down to the middle of the mall (the stretch with Gamestop and Stokes on it).

That leaves a big section emptied out between H&M and Walmart; only the Primitive Country Lane store will be left. They *just* opened up a few months ago, so i'd be surprised if they are moving so soon, but maybe the Mall will make it worth their while. (or maybe the mall is hoping they'll fold quick). The old Icelandic Winter Jacket store seems to have work happening at it, so maybe that's where they are going.

Of course I doubt they would all move on a whim; the mall must want someone big to go into that slot. Anyone hearing any rumours for what it might be?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2015, 3:06 PM

Noticed that the area for building D at the Corbett Centre has now been surveyed staked off.

http://www.riocan.com/docs/default-s...b.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Noticed that the area for building D at the Corbett Centre has now been surveyed staked off.

http://www.riocan.com/docs/default-s...b.pdf?sfvrsn=0

That is great news I love seeing new development. Any word on rumors on what is moving in. I see there is still a spot next to Hallmark still up for grabs

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 6:25 PM

No idea but hope it is something new to market and exciting for a change

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 12:58 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:

No idea but hope it is something new to market and exciting for a change
My partner and I would still love to see an Old Navy *Big Surprise* But I don't think it will be coming anytime soon. I once heard a rumor GNC was moving up to the Corbret Center.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 7:54 PM

Pet Valu, in the "former Canadian Tire" on Main St, is now open

Old Posted Jul 27, 2015, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Pet Valu, in the "former Canadian Tire" on Main St, is now open
I checked it out on the weekend. Very nice store the prices are a bit high. I did buy a few things while I was there

Old Posted Jul 29, 2015, 12:21 AM

I noticed that the new roundabouts have been completed on Northumberland Street. If you're looking for a comparison, they are very identical ® to the ones on Charlotte Street.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2015, 4:33 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj6286 View Post
I noticed that the new roundabouts have been completed on Northumberland Street. If you're looking for a comparison, they are very identical ® to the ones on Charlotte Street.
Yes they are amazing eh. I love them round abouts there, makes traffic flow much more smoothly.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 5:19 PM

Noticed the steel work going up today for the penthouse at the new Residential/commercial build on Queen St West

Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 9:32 PM

According to a few job postings I've seen lately, David's Tea will be coming to Fredericton by the end of the year. Mall is the likely destination.

They should have been at the mall a while back but because they own the franchises and you can't buy one, they decide where they want to go and when. That's probably the only reason why we got a Teavana before a David's Tea.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2015, 2:26 PM

Opens Oct 1....Regent Mall

http://www.regentmall.ca/new_stores

Old Posted Aug 1, 2015, 8:51 PM

Is there any more news about Cineplex? I hardly go to the theatres in Fredericton because I find it so uncomfortable. Moncton and Dieppe are far more comfortable. Hell, even the one in Woodstock is better.

I'd love to see Cineplex move to the Sears spot (as per the rumour) or even the former Target location.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2015, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj6286 View Post
Is there any more news about Cineplex? I hardly go to the theatres in Fredericton because I find it so uncomfortable. Moncton and Dieppe are far more comfortable. Hell, even the one in Woodstock is better.

I'd love to see Cineplex move to the Sears spot (as per the rumour) or even the former Target location.

I agree I hate them seats. I enjoy the ones in Moncton/Dieppe even Saint John as a better Theatre than us

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces