HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 3:07 AM
sick transit, gloria

Happy New Years!

Not-dad but our big dog is the size of most teens - 130lbs. Small one is about 40lbs. No kids but they are a huge responsibility! Chatting with friends who do have kids I've developed the thing where I wake up whenever they move anywhere in the house... 7:30am walks regardless of when I go to bed are now a reality in my life (though they go to bed after, which is a big plus).

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 1:35 PM

I can join this thread in 1.5 months

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 5:01 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build.It View Post
Wow congrats!!! Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

The only advice I will offer is to tune out all of the advice. You will be bombarded with well meaning but patronizing advice from people who don't know or can't remember what it's like dealing with a newborn baby. Things like "sleep when the baby sleeps".

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 5:28 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
Happy New Years!

Not-dad but our big dog is the size of most teens - 130lbs. Small one is about 40lbs. No kids but they are a huge responsibility! Chatting with friends who do have kids I've developed the thing where I wake up whenever they move anywhere in the house... 7:30am walks regardless of when I go to bed are now a reality in my life (though they go to bed after, which is a big plus).
Sorry forgot to mention dog dads. Dogs and their walking schedules definitely require commitment. My wife and I agreed we couldn't handle pets and kids and didn't want to become one of those families that neglect the family dog after the baby arrives.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 6:18 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Spent the entire ‘holidays’ horribly sick with some plague my toddler brought home from preschool just in time for Christmas. ‘Tis the season!
Me too. I am still not out of the woods. Bubonic plague or something worse. I have gone through a thousand boxes of Kleenexes and must have coughed up half a lake of phlegm. Despite having gotten the flu shot.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 6:43 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Me too. I am still not out of the woods. Bubonic plague or something worse. I have gone through a thousand boxes of Kleenexes and must have coughed up half a lake of phlegm. Despite having gotten the flu shot.
Sounds like the same strain I have.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 8:30 PM
arf

This made me smile. The littlest one (almost three now) hanging out and playing piano, so you just press record and play some chords with them.

SoundCloud Link

It's just a link to my SoundCloud. Doesn't seem to embed like YouTube does.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 10:08 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
This made me smile. The littlest one (almost three now) hanging out and playing piano, so you just press record and play some chords with them.

SoundCloud Link

It's just a link to my SoundCloud. Doesn't seem to embed like YouTube does.
Thanks for sharing. Made me smile too.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 1:37 AM

Funny,

I am done with kids and you've barely started. One has to buy all the stuff like a crib etc. I don't think I can remember a more expectant time in my life as the time frame you are in right now, Build it.
Come back and tell us how it all went for you, and your wife of course, as though we men do anything at this point. I remember being present at the oldest one's birth and my wife was told to sit up by the Dr. and to push! Well she was leaning forward in the hospital bed with me standing alongside and I had my forearm across her upper back. So when she began to push as the Dr. ordered and by now she was completely tensed up, well...I did what I could to get involved in this birthing process. What I did next was I gently pushed across her upper back with my forearm hoping that I might be able to help her in some, small way.
Later on when we were home and all was well she remarked on my pushing on her back at the hospital. " You know, you helped me when you were pushing on my back when the baby was being born."
I was surprised and proud at what I'd done.
I did not even know that she'd even noticed my pushing too, what with all the excitement of that moment. I became more than a bystander.
Quote:

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Congrats! I’ll also be a dad soon. My wife’s due date is February 26.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 4:49 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Congrats le Calmar and Build.it on your imminent joining of the fatherhood rank. Life changing moment, it is.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 6:08 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
Congrats! I’ll also be a dad soon. My wife’s due date is February 26.
Felicitations!!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 6:21 PM
Fake News

Vid thought you’d enjoy this Molson. Tal A and Tal B:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national...apart/3424006/

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 7:05 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Vid thought you’d enjoy this Molson. Tal A and Tal B:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national...apart/3424006/

yep, those were the glory days of SSP, when we had colorful characters like Tal A and Mike Toronto, and thoughtful, leftist commentaries from people like Vid.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 3:46 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Damn this fucking flu. I am STILL sick, nearly two weeks later. I thought I was on the mend, but I relapsed last night. fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 4:07 PM
the first stamp is free

^ yeah, it sucks. I had it pre-Christmas and it took till last week before I stopped coughing and feeling more normal.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 4:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Congrats le Calmar and Build.it on your imminent joining of the fatherhood rank. Life changing moment, it is.
Becoming a grandfather is pretty lifechanging too.

My granddaughter is seven months old now, and it is a real treat to see her progress through her milestones. Last week when I was holding her, she snuggled onto my shoulder for the first time. It melted my heart.

Grandchildren bring a whole new meaning to life. Much more so that I ever thought it would.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 5:18 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

My granddaughter is seven months old now, and it is a real treat to see her progress through her milestones. Last week when I was holding her, she snuggled onto my shoulder for the first time. It melted my heart.

Grandchildren bring a whole new meaning to life. Much more so that I ever thought it would.
I am sure that you are right. Congratulations on this amazing milestone.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

My parents say the same thing. I've seen a new side of my Dad when he's with my sons. It's awesome to watch.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 6:21 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Damn this fucking flu. I am STILL sick, nearly two weeks later. I thought I was on the mend, but I relapsed last night. fuck fuck fuckity fuck.
Yeah same in my household. I still have a lingering cough but my wife's ear has been plugged for the past week and a half and my boys continue to have some congestion. This thing is brutal.

Tomorrow is the first day back to preschool. Here's hoping we don't get a new round of something else.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada