HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mininari View Post
Link? Or is this from a visual sighting of a sign saying "coming soon..."

On that note:
Taco Del Mar, another very recent entrant to the Winnipeg Market, will now have two locations. Another Subway / Taco Del Mar combo is going into that small new retail strip at the corner of Kenaston and McGillvary, same parking lot as Sobeys. It sure will be nice to have a grab'n'go burrito option in the area.
Looks like somewhere in Winnipeg according to their website

http://www.wildwingrestaurants.com/wildwing_locations

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
Looks like somewhere in Winnipeg according to their website

Ok! Cool! Chalk up another new option.
Menu looks pretty decent for a wing place.

Whatever happened to Buffalo Wild Wings coming to town? Still a work-in-progress? Was suggested on the comments in the below-linked page they're setting up shop by IKEA...
http://johndobbin.blogspot.ca/2011/0...o-open-in.html

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 8:09 PM

Not listed in the Buffalo Wild Wings web site as coming soon. Only Canadian location coming soon listing is for one in Calgary.

Of course the web site may not be up to date.

Last edited by cllew; Sep 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM. Reason: Can't tpye properly

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 8:15 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Only Canadian location coming soon listing is for one in Calgary.
... and several locations in Ontario

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Not listed in the Buffalo Wild Wings web site as coming soon. Only Canadian location coming soon listing is for one in Calgary.

Of course the web site may not be up to date.

are you blind my friend if you scroll down on this web page it clearly states

Wild Wing Manitoba Locations - Opening Soon!
Winnipeg
Coming Soon!
Fall 2012

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post

are you blind my friend if you scroll down on this web page it clearly states

Wild Wing Manitoba Locations - Opening Soon!
Winnipeg
Coming Soon!
Fall 2012
Might want to read the company name in your post vs cllew's before calling someone else blind.

People are discussing two different brands at the same time.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
Might want to read the company name in your post vs cllew's before calling someone else blind.

People are discussing two different brands at the same time.
oh sorry i never realized they were talking about two different companys.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 9:26 PM

ive never been to Wild Wings before...its nice to have options. As for Buffalo Wild Wings, i said to the GF the other day that i had a huge craving for BWW!!! so good

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0twired View Post
... and several locations in Ontario
The Ontario ones appear to be existing units, I was only looking at the coming soon section and it only shows Calgary and nothing yet for Winnipeg.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
oh sorry i never realized they were talking about two different companys.
I wonder at times if some of these companies use similar names to try and confuse customers to come into their restaurant instead of the one they wanted to go to.

I read in the MB Taxi cab report a complaint that tourists were being taken to the Fusion Grill instead of the Confusion corner grill and vice versa.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 10:35 PM

I mentioned this in the Winnipeg construction thread but thought I would mention it here too.

It looks like Wendy's hamburgers are still in business and wants to open a new drive through unit in a new small shopping mall development at 1230 ST. Mary's road on the s/w corner of St. Mary's rd and Bishop Grandin. Same side as the Burger King and about a block or two north.

They closed at least two units in Winnipeg that I can think of (Henderson Hwy and Narin Ave) so its interesting to see them coming back here.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 3:58 AM

Quote:
I mentioned this in the Winnipeg construction thread but thought I would mention it here too.

It looks like Wendy's hamburgers are still in business and wants to open a new drive through unit in a new small shopping mall development at 1230 ST. Mary's road on the s/w corner of St. Mary's rd and Bishop Grandin. Same side as the Burger King and about a block or two north.

They closed at least two units in Winnipeg that I can think of (Henderson Hwy and Narin Ave) so its interesting to see them coming back here.
The closures in the past were strictly due to a single franchisee retiring, from what I recall hearing at the time. Nothing to do with poor business or anything. When the leases expired they were not renewed.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 5:03 AM

I think Buffalo Wild Wings also said they are coming here too, but haven't heard anything about them lately.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 5:04 AM

Quote:
The closures in the past were strictly due to a single franchisee retiring, from what I recall hearing at the time. Nothing to do with poor business or anything. When the leases expired they were not renewed.
I remember hearing Wendy's wanted the franchise to do a bunch of upgrades/renos (Nairn), and they didn't want to spend the money, so they closed up.

As for Milestones, this is from the same owners of Montana's, Kelsey's, etc., so I don't really have high expectations.

I was at KP today, and there is a new restaurant going in there, in the main entrance. I think that's where Brannigans was several years ago and River City Sports were when they first announced the Jets were back. I forget the name, but ads that were up looked decent.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 2:39 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
That's exactly what it was. It is really unfortunate when the person/group holds the rights for a franchise in a certain city and doesn't expand even when business is good.

Or the group (like in the case of the first generation of Swiss Chalet in Winnipeg) is so dysfunctional that they are unable to do much more than the bare minimum (old WAA location) just to maintain the rights.

Hopefully there is a new ownership group at the helm of Wendy's in Winnipeg now.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 4:56 PM

Is there a new group at Swiss Chalet in Winnipeg that is operating the one at Linden Woods and opening the new one next to the Home Depot on Bishop Grandin.

I found it interesting that SSP Canada operates the all airport food services including the Winnipeg icons Sals, Stella's and Gondola Pizza.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie88 View Post
I was at KP today, and there is a new restaurant going in there, in the main entrance. I think that's where Brannigans was several years ago and River City Sports were when they first announced the Jets were back. I forget the name, but ads that were up looked decent.
There was talk a few months back about how the company that owns Original Joe's was planning to open a second location but under a new brand name they are hoping to establish. It sounded like it would otherwise be the same as their Original Joe's chain including the same menu. I suspect that is what is moving into the location you mentioned.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 6:32 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Is there a new group at Swiss Chalet in Winnipeg that is operating the one at Linden Woods and opening the new one next to the Home Depot on Bishop Grandin.
Yes. The previous ownership group lost/sold the rights after the old airport closed and they had no intention of opening another location to retain the rights to the franchise.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2012, 4:11 AM

Did Dylan O'Connors Irish Pub on Portage just close down, or did they move?
I was driving along there and noticed the (dreaded?) Shindico 'for lease' sign on the place! Sad to lose a pub like that.

Also noticed that new strip mall on Portage west with the 7-11 and Little Caesars now also has what looks like a take-away burrito joint called 'Burrito Splendido.' http://www.facebook.com/BurritoSplendido

Appears to be a local startup... thats great!

Old Posted Sep 24, 2012, 4:44 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

dylan o connors? where was that?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan