HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL123 View Post
Lol a basic bus shelter provides way more protection then what they've built here for a Rapid Transit station. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. I totally get that this station will probably only be used in the summer and only to access the lake but still I've seen bus stop on a local road providing more shelter to passenger than this.

I dont even see a place to sit.

This would've been better
Used it the other weekend for the first time. Other than the lack of seating, the shelter was fine. But it wouldn't be in driving precipitation, especially a squally thunderstorm from the wrong direction.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
All year free transit for high school students on STO.

https://ledroit.com/actualites/actua...PXPND5J2Q6I2A/
Nice, but there is still an *, during the school year on schooldays it's free only after 5pm. Seeing the title I thought I was going to save several hundred dollars on my kids bus pass but I guess not.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrain View Post
Nice, but there is still an *, during the school year on schooldays it's free only after 5pm. Seeing the title I thought I was going to save several hundred dollars on my kids bus pass but I guess not.
Does Gatineau not provide transport to schools or is this an out of zone situation?

It's still a nice gesture that costs little.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrain View Post
Missed that. Disappointing.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 5:46 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelnoz View Post
SAAQ Clic works great now, it's way better than the old terrible system.

I assume most people are keeping their official address in Ontario to pay less taxes, the car is just a side effect of that.

You save on yearly renewal fees on both the car and the license by keeping your address in Ontario, but then you lose out on lower insurance. So imo it's either to avoid the hassle or to pay less taxes.
SAAQ and Revenu Québec records can be cross-referenced, so I assume that people who are committing residency fraud would avoid having any files with either organization.

I've known of people, aside from a lease that was only between them and their landlord, who used to only have a phone or cable bill registered in Quebec. Everything else was in Ontario. With modern telecommunications, there is probably a way around that as well.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2024, 6:14 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Gatineau promising transit improvements under new funding deal
Bus fares to rise by 3% annually from 2025 to 2028

Faith Greco · CBC News
Posted: Aug 29, 2024 4:00 AM EDT | Last Updated: 10 hours ago

Public transit users in Gatineau, Que., could soon see improvements to their local bus service, but it's going to cost them.

Starting next year, the Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) plans to boost frequency and reliability, with a long-term objective of providing trips ever 15 minutes across the bus network, according to STO chair Jocelyn Blondin.

Fares will also increase by three per cent per year from 2025 to 2028.

Over the same period, the City of Gatineau will boost the STO's funding by four per cent, according to a new financial strategy approved by Gatineau's city council Tuesday evening.

Blondin said the Quebec government has asked that municipalities adopt this four per cent annual increase in order to receive more provincial funding.

The province is demanding "greater financial participation from municipalities to cover the deficits of transport companies," Blondin said.

In exchange, Gatineau will receive an additional $20.2 million from the province over the next four years to help whittle down the STO's operating deficit, which is expected to reach $6.6 million in 2025.

Blondin said a new $60 registration tax for Gatineau motorists will also help address those deficits and improve transit service.

Gatineau Mayor Maude Marquis-Bissonnette said by meeting its commitments, the city will continue to see more transit funding from the province, and service improvements will follow.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...deal-1.7307152

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation