HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 11:17 PM
Project manger

The bridge needs to be town down, or burnt to the ground. The Indian band will never fix it. They are too cheap and don't want to do anything to look after it. That's their rep and they've earned it. They only fixed East Shuswap because their lack luster way of doing things got a woman killed.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 11:20 PM

The crown property leading into Peterson Creek Park is prime land in the downtown core and should be looked at more than just another 6 storey BC Housing project! There is a lot of great sites in Kamloops and it’s seems a lot of them are just being grabbed and quickly turned into BC housing projects without any real planning.

https://infotel.ca/inhome/kamloops-c...using/it104518

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 11:25 PM
Project manger

I agree. It is a spot where a 12 + floor structure should be built. The biggest issue with Kamloops is that we don't build on speculation here compared to Kelowna and the Lower Mainland. I wish we would because I do think they would sell and rent quite quickly, but we've never been that type of city.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
The bridge needs to be town down, or burnt to the ground. The Indian band will never fix it. They are too cheap and don't want to do anything to look after it. That's their rep and they've earned it. They only fixed East Shuswap because their lack luster way of doing things got a woman killed.
The Redbridge needs to come down for sure. The city KIB and the government should be on the hook for a new crossing! The East Shuswap Road at the bottom of Sun Rivers is another mess that makes me laugh. From the round about to the light shouldn’t there be two lanes! One for left turns and one for people to go right! People who go right have to drive in the ditch to get around people going left! Now with the gas station and grocery store on the other side and the Yellowhead traffic it’s gonna be a mess. They need an overpass!

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I agree. It is a spot where a 12 + floor structure should be built. The biggest issue with Kamloops is that we don't build on speculation here compared to Kelowna and the Lower Mainland. I wish we would because I do think they would sell and rent quite quickly, but we've never been that type of city.
I agree but if the City Gardens project is successful Kamloops will change as we know it.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 11:42 PM
Project manger

I hope your right about the city gardens potential to change things.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 11:59 PM

Properties that I see are prime for development potential.

The old North Kamloops Motors site, along with the old KFC building and a few houses in behind would give a developer a whole city block. Perfect location for a large residential tower and commercial space at street level! But hey let’s just sell Halloween costumes out of there once a year 😂 🤦♂️

The School district bus yard across from TRU has to be considered prime land! Huge potential for both residential and commercial there as well.

The KIB land along the Yellowhead from Mt.Paul Way to almost the lights at Sun Rivers is absolute prime land for a massive project! The sky is truly the limit there!!!

With the current growth of Kamloops and the huge demand for housing I think we are going to see something big happen soon!

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 4:03 AM

Quote:
That bridge is garbage, I drive it every day and I can't believe it's safe for vehicles. I wouldn't want to see it torn down though. Would be cool to see a whole new crossing right beside and turn that bridge into pedestrian only. Just revert the deck back to wood, add some lights and I would think it'd be fine. Too bad the KIB would never do something cool like a rivers trail that would connect up with the cities. Would be cool to connect on both sides. It's not like they're capitalizing on their waterfront.. frustrating

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 4:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_The_Builder View Post
The crown property leading into Peterson Creek Park is prime land in the downtown core and should be looked at more than just another 6 storey BC Housing project! There is a lot of great sites in Kamloops and it’s seems a lot of them are just being grabbed and quickly turned into BC housing projects without any real planning.

https://infotel.ca/inhome/kamloops-c...using/it104518
I really hope there's planning going on behind the scenes for this area. It's like a little oasis in there along peterson creek. Would be a shame if they just copy pasted 6 story uninspired boxes along it without any overall master plan to capitalize on the site.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 4:31 PM
Project manger

My concern is that now we are being told that we have to build X amount of units, they will be quick to approve crap in locations that should be used for higher density and better architectural design.

I know we've got one HUGE fan of Green Blue here on the Kamloops form.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 4:34 PM
Project manger

Rezoning of Tournament Inn

This is nothing more then a joke. There is ZERO intention to do anything by the owner. ABSOLUTLY NONE and everyone can see that. They want to show what COULD be done and hope somebody will through 10 million at them for the piece of crap property. Such a disappointment

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 6:31 PM
Project manger

Despite strong housing numbers, Kamloops to ask ministry to cut red tape

“From what we see, the staff in the different ministries haven’t necessarily received a memo saying we need to do our best to move housing forward. We think we have something with the province… we have had the Pineridge project which was basically buttoned up with the province last December and then they had another review. Well, that review is another four or five months,” said Kwiatkowski.

With those challenges in mind, Councilor Katie Neustaeter put forward a motion calling on the ministry to clear the many hurdles in front of the city.

“When we are pushing these things through at the municipal level and then hitting barriers that create two-year wait times that we can’t control at the ministry level, that is a significant barrier in our success in achieving the outcomes that they want to see,” Neustaeter told CFJC News.

- The biggest issue when you have an inept WOKE government is this level of incomitance.
I can imagine the council going in and asking to get these things cleared up to allow building and being told, " Yeah... were trying to create a really equitable and diverse experience here free of racisms thanks for coming in and take care ".

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 3:14 AM

Just seen this picture on facebook, this is the Hi-Tech Vacuum shop downtown on east Victoria street. Development proposal shows an automated car wash going in its place.

Curious whats up with the car washes in Kamloops recently haha, this one going up and then the one up at the former greyhound depot.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 7:23 PM
SkyTrain Nut

Be nice to see the car wash go in.
I heard Hi-Tech's products sucked.

Old Posted May 25, 2024, 3:48 PM
Project manger

Its a cool design for a building, but I wonder about an over saturation of car washes in the area.

MIPS : bravo on the dad joke sir.

Old Posted May 25, 2024, 3:54 PM
Project manger

This chain is in the Lower Main Land :

Old Posted May 25, 2024, 4:42 PM

Quote:

Rezoning of Tournament Inn

This is nothing more then a joke. There is ZERO intention to do anything by the owner. ABSOLUTLY NONE and everyone can see that. They want to show what COULD be done and hope somebody will through 10 million at them for the piece of crap property. Such a disappointment
I got that exact same feeling when I read that. Hoping for them to at least tear down the building, but I could see that even being a stretch.

Old Posted May 25, 2024, 9:09 PM
Project manger

They wont take it down. They will ask WAY to much money in a private real estate brokerage where its listed in Vancouver and Toronto but not locally ( like 10million I'm guessing )
and they will never sell it. This is about greed and trying to cash in ( which I'm not against people making a profit ) but they have been one of the biggest contributing factors to the decline of Valley View. The way they do business is not exactly on the level either. I've won bids on projects with them and they try to change contracts after the work is complete.

Old Posted May 26, 2024, 1:33 AM

First Nations blamed for delays on Tranquille redevelopment in Kamloops
https://infotel.ca/newsitem/first-na...loops/it104854

This is an interesting read, pretty frustrating when we desperately need housing and this development has met nothing but roadblocks.

Old Posted May 26, 2024, 4:34 PM

This government bending the knee to natives is infuriating. The company did what was required and then the natives throw their weight around and the government listens. They need to be told stfu and deal with it. The same way any one else would be treated if they didn't follow the rules and expected preferential treatment. I hope this fight is not over and this comes to fruition.

Reminds me of when Sun Peaks was getting developed from Tod mountain to Sun Peaks and the natives saw dollar signs (same band too). All of a sudden it was their traditional berry picking area and they would hold road blocks and protest in the village saying the land is theirs. For some reason it wasn't traditional berry picking land when it was just little ol' Tod mountain, just happened when a bunch of Japanese money was flowing to the area. If it wasn't already a ski hill I bet Sun Peaks wouldn't be a thing. These people are ruthless, opportunistic and very selfish. The more pushback from the public with this crap the better.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia