HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 12, 2023, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
He had tons of hair on his short-but-fat (pudgy) fingers. And he the world's most fetid breath (like the breeze from a thousand coffins with decaying bodies).
Hm, he resembles one with hirsute fingers and a putrescent mouth exhaust that could fill the lobby with a vomitous stench. He must have wondered why everyone who neared him would slip on an N95, decades before Covid. "Oh, it's nothing, sir. I have a cold."

Old Posted May 12, 2023, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Why would you replace that beautiful brick with fucking stucco?!? And remove windows. They butchered that house. Some coats of paint and updated wood accents would have been so much better. This looks like a Frankenstein's monster of some shitty house flipper.
Yeah this could have been fine with a paint job instead of the stucco. They also landscaped the walkway but half assed it with the rocks along the driveway.

Old Posted May 15, 2023, 11:56 AM

Saw this in Niagara yesterday. So many questions. About what was wrong with the previous structure, the design, the purpose, the tenant and what happened to the wood in such a short span on time.

Old Posted May 15, 2023, 1:29 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^ce n'est pas un belle chose. Pas du tout!

what a fugly, tacky building.

Old Posted May 15, 2023, 1:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
Hm, he resembles one with hirsute fingers and a putrescent mouth exhaust that could fill the lobby with a vomitous stench. He must have wondered why everyone who neared him would slip on an N95, decades before Covid. "Oh, it's nothing, sir. I have a cold."

Old Posted May 16, 2023, 10:26 PM

Couple motels in Niagara. Tacky but not really ugly. And given that it’s Niagara, and not right in the heart of the strip, they’re fine.

The space one for some reason has no space theme whatsoever and still looks like original 60s style inside. No relation to the Flying Saucer Restaurant.

The Cadillac one though, lives up to its name and is modern, though slightly tacky.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 4:11 PM

Poor Manitoba!

https://twitter.com/CraigBaird/statu...09474641489927
"Each province and territory in Canada, represented by a Muppet who lives there. Generated by AI."

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 5:35 PM
Fake News

How's this for ugly? Take Back Alberta (Danielle Smith's supporters) are planning on having 'scrutineers' on Election day:

https://pressprogress.ca/take-back-a...on-voting-day/

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post

This takes me back to my teens where my friends and I would drive to Niagara stay in one of those shitty motels, drink, smoke, hangout at the pool and get breakfast at that UFO restaurant. Service was bad, food terrible but it became a tradition of sorts. Until we all grew up and started making enough money to stay in better hotels and eat at better restaurants which are tough to find near the falls btw. I wonder how many other towns in Canada can compare to the tackiness that is NFO? I for one love it and want to go back and spend a weekend at one of those motels and eat at that fiberglass spaceship "restaurant".

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 7:46 PM

What a cornucopia of Vegas-style schlock that is in N.F. I haven't been there in years. I have always enjoyed visiting the falls, but the lowbrow trash that surrounds them is repellent.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 10:35 PM
Fake News

Quote:
What a cornucopia of Vegas-style schlock that is in N.F. I haven't been there in years. I have always enjoyed visiting the falls, but the lowbrow trash that surrounds them is repellent.

Niagara needs to be demoed and rebuilt.

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 12:50 AM

^Ha, Clockzilla and that motley kitsch would fit right in in Niagara. It seems all about attracting the Joe and Joan-Six-Packs of the world. I don't begrudge them their right to holiday, but let it be in Vegas or Branson or Florida. Permit our magnificent falls to be enveloped in a decorum befitting them.

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 12:57 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post

Where is Pancakes House?

Video Link

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 1:58 AM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Why would you replace that beautiful brick with fucking stucco?!? And remove windows. They butchered that house. Some coats of paint and updated wood accents would have been so much better. This looks like a Frankenstein's monster of some shitty house flipper.
the grade/quality of this house flip is the same as the microwave they left in the kitchen

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 2:02 AM
Great White Norf

Quote:
when you cater to tourists from Ohio and New Jersey and even more trashy/redneck States, this is what ya gets

Atlantic City
Niagara Falls
Myrtle Beach

all tacky AF tourist traps. At least Myrtle Beach has warm weather and a lovely stretch of beach.

I did like those tacky 1950s/1960s era motels. But most have been run down, demo'd or turned into low income housing (seriously, that's happened to a couple of them). What's the 2020s equivalent of Opium Dens? Fentanyl Foxhole?

Cadillac Motel was completely gutted and renovated but it's closer to Clifton Hill and walkable to the Falls themselves.

harls, I'm dying
They Flying Saucer restaurant is a local institution even if the food is mediocre and service can be surly.

Last edited by Wigs; May 18, 2023 at 2:16 AM.

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 2:11 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post
harls, I'm dying
Stormare's stare is what sells it for me.

You forgot Wildwood NJ. The Montreal tabloid used to have their forecast for 'sunny destinations' forever, back when people actually bought newspapers.

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 2:36 AM
Great White Norf

speaking of Niagara Falls tackiness and overpriced real estate, I thought this was a joke

Fugly 1,600 sq ft (+1000sq ft basement) $2-$2.5M townhouses backing onto a golf course in the older part of NF, the former village of Chippawa where James Cameron is from

"So this home has all modern amenities and features a Yoga room. Isn't that fun!?"

"Great backyard" where area teens will get high and drunk in the woods

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...-niagara-falls

Do you have discriminating tastes like Carmela Soprano? Do you want to live where the wealthy I-talians live that may or may not be connected to waste management and hospitality/tourism?
6840 Mountain Rd might be for YOU!
$1,899,000
Do you guys remember The Sims? It looks kinda like when you extend your bungalow after getting a decent job in the game. The realtors take dumb braggadouchio to the next level.
Video Link

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 2:39 AM
Mooderator

The youtube freeze frame assholes says it all.

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 2:42 AM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
The youtube freeze frame assholes says it all.

I just noticed cauliflower ear. Failed MMA fighter can become realtor millionaire in today's Canada.

Old Posted May 18, 2023, 2:53 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post
Do you have discriminating tastes like Carmela Soprano? Do you want to live where the wealthy I-talians live that may or may not be connected to waste management and hospitality/tourism?
6840 Mountain Rd might be for YOU!
$1,899,000
The exterior is much worse than the interior, nicely staged and doesn't look super tacky. Lots of ample parking in the driveway for emergency vehicles when someone OD's.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada