HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The Austin lobbyist (Ray Sullivan) is tied to Amazon's purchase of Whole Foods.

https://www.law.com/texaslawyer/almI...20171115154814
Nice find. I'm not surprised at all by that since I suspected it was for current operations. Amazon also had/has an Austin expansion project code named "Project Rainforest" going on around the time of the HQ2 announcement, and it could be also related to that.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new headquarters

This is a very credible website.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazo...arters-2017-12

Amazon is sending a lobbyist to Georgia ahead of the start of its legislative session next month.
The lobbyist is spurring speculation that Atlanta could be the site of Amazon's second North American headquarters.
Amazon may have just dropped a clue about where it will build its next headquarters.

The retailer registered a lobbyist, Jacob Oster, on December 7 with the Georgia State Ethics Commission, ahead of the start of Georgia's legislative session in January, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

The lobbyist's presence in Georgia is now "the buzz of economic development circles," spurring speculation that Amazon is taking a closer look at the state as the potential site of its next home, the report says.

Atlanta is one of the more than 200 cities competing to be the home of Amazon's second North American headquarters — and according to one recent analysis, it's a leading candidate.

Lobbyists represent the interests of companies or organizations to lawmakers, though it's unclear what issues Oster will address when the Legislature convenes next month. His LinkedIn profile says he specializes in energy policies at Amazon.

Amazon announced in September that it was seeking proposals from local governments that could offer incentives, like tax exemptions, for the company to house its next headquarters there.

Amazon said it preferred metro areas with at least 1 million residents and an educated workforce.
The same lobbyist, Jacob Oster, registered in Illinois on November 10, 2017.

http://www.ilsos.gov/lobbyistsearch/...ataXmlId=70009

Haven't looked at any other states yet.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One ATLien View Post
The beltline is supposed to be 22 miles long.. That is huge, I don't think the whole of the 22 miles need to have the same feel.. Lots of it will feel organic, and lots of it will feel like something else.. Whats wrong with that?

This proposed project is beautiful in my opinion, and that style of architecture is sorely lacking in Atlanta. I hope the final plan is as close to that rendering as possible.. And not watered down like usual.
My thoughts exactly. Not every section of the Beltline, in fact very few, will be able to support this kind of job concentration. If we're trying to make the city as walkabe as possible having the entire loop as residential and retail is not enough. We need jobs that people can walk, bike and take transit to as well.

Furthermore I think this is exactly the kind of density we want in key areas along the Beltline. Granted we don't have a definitive timetable on the transit implementation. But to me this proposal is a dream come true!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 9:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
The same lobbyist, Jacob Oster, registered in Illinois on November 10, 2017.

http://www.ilsos.gov/lobbyistsearch/...ataXmlId=70009

Haven't looked at any other states yet.
Shit

Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 2:11 AM

5th & Juniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
This is a top notch share, thanks for the contribution to this thread! This project would really bolster the area nearby, especially if the 5th & Juniper project across the street finally goes under construction as well. New residences and foottraffic would be great for this part of midtown. Hopefully it puts some pressure on the Eviva and 4th & Peachtree parcel(s, one on the southeast and other on the northeast of the intersection) for development.
The Church property appears to be almost 2 acres in total
http://qpublic9.qpublic.net/ga_displ...20004900050330

Congratulations to all involved !

Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
My thoughts exactly. Not every section of the Beltline, in fact very few, will be able to support this kind of job concentration. If we're trying to make the city as walkabe as possible having the entire loop as residential and retail is not enough. We need jobs that people can walk, bike and take transit to as well.

Furthermore I think this is exactly the kind of density we want in key areas along the Beltline. Granted we don't have a definitive timetable on the transit implementation. But to me this proposal is a dream come true!
Agreed. At times the Beltline will feel like the NYC High Line, cutting through a dense urban space, and other times it’ll feel like a meandering country path. I just hope I’ll be able to enjoy the transit portion before I retire (in 25 years)

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 6:10 PM
BANNED

2 Nuggets from Last Friday's Atlanta Business Chronicle

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nt=firefox-b-1

Quote:
T3 has already generated at least 700,000 square feet of inquiries from potential tenants, Heagy added.
Quote:
Earlier this year, brokers marketing space in the Campanile building at Peachtree and 14th reported 800,000 square feet of inquiries. “If anything, it’s even higher than that now,” said Jim Meyer, who formed a joint venture with Campanile owner John Dewberry.

“The demand is fueled by the economic engine that Georgia Tech has become, and all the new apartment units, which are attracting young professionals to Midtown,” Meyer said.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2017, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
Included renderings from the article so it wouldn't be as blurry:

I'm not going to hold my breath for this one. It is too forward thinking to ever really be built in Atlanta.
I unfortunately agree, if it comes even close to this I'd be ecstatic, it would force more development along Ponce and North I believe, but ATL is a place where big ideas go to die too often, so I won't hold my breathe.

I would love to see it though.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2017, 2:45 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10nP...KipNTddgs/view

New City’s 760 Ralph McGill presentation

Old Posted Dec 18, 2017, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post

All along with an estimated 2,000 new parking spaces along the BeltLine. With all the new development in O4W the past decade, I wonder how many and the square footage of parking spaces created in comparison to new residences, jobs, and the square footage associated with those purposes.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2017, 3:11 PM

Quote:

Its important to remember that these are conceptual renderings. Perkins and will is only master planning the development and New City has said that they will use different architects for each phase. A couple of key elements that will be built are the grand staircase to the Beltline from the development and an elevated walkway into the park. Hopefully the terraced effect for the residential fronting the park is retained as well.

Last edited by Martinman; Dec 18, 2017 at 4:23 PM.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2017, 3:37 PM

Georgia Power Development - Ralph McGill

Quote:

Actually, the quality and attention to detail in the presentation document give me some hope that they will follow through with more of the actual vision.
- At least the renderings don't look like the Georgia Aquarium concept renderings seen last month.

We will see.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2017, 7:35 PM
Google Steffen Thomas

Glad to see this is moving forward....but Fuqua?
Damn.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...rk-moving.html

Old Posted Dec 18, 2017, 8:25 PM

Big letdown that Fuqua is involved in a project on such a high profile lot.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2017, 9:56 PM
Jamie Jordan

Land Acquired for "The Mark at Atlanta"

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan1023 View Post
Rendering included:

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa50 View Post
It all comes down to how many 1/1's they can rent for $1,700 a month in Midtown.

2,000? 5,000? 10,000? 15,000? Nobody is quite sure how deep the market is. Assuming rent doesn't fall, they'll keep on building, more or less at this pace, for years to come.
The 1bedrooms at Alta Midtown are like $2560

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan1023 View Post
Looks like Modera II. Nice to get a tower of that scale on that corner, though.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 4:02 AM

Unhappy The Mark - Color Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Rendering included:
No offense, but let's hope they leave the "splotches" of GT team colors out of the final color scheme. It's just unnecessary and seems a little "gimmicky".

Last edited by mayhem; Dec 19, 2017 at 4:25 AM.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
No offense, but let's hope they leave the "splotches" of GT team colors out of the final color scheme. It's just unnecessary and seems a little "gimmicky".
Agreed. That gray and yellow Student housing across spring street looks terrible. I’m pretty sure the standard will look better than it even with the GT colors throughout. The Mark I’m hoping goes for a cleaner look. SQ5 is one of the best looking residences in midtown- I wish more went with its scheme.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations